Apr 29, 2004, 08:08 AM
Thread OP

Alfa FW190-She Flys! She Flys!

Here I stand in the morning sun, anticipating a glorious event called controlled flight, yet fearing the worst. The new Alfa FW190 in my hand, with all the wanton checks completed, ready for that first toss into what could be ecstasy or sorrow. My mind flashes back to all the wonderful flights of the past and also the many mishaps along the way. I take one last long look at her beautiful lines and pristine appearance. In just a few seconds she may not look as she does now. I catch a glint of the morning sun off of her wing as if she is saying, let me go, I will fly. Heart pounding, the toss is made. She Flys! She Flys! I orally shout as she climbs away into the morning sky. I told you that I could fly she says. Just watch and let me show you what I can do. With tears of joy in my eyes, I notice that she obeys my every command. She does stalls, loops and rolls with ease. She and I have become one as if I too am flying with her. After what seems like an eternity with her, it's time to bring her back to earth again.I throttle back, she descends now and with a last small wisper of power she settles down upon the earth again. I will feel the joy of her flight again.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 29, 2004, 11:16 AM
Departing at 'O' dark 30

I take it you enjoyed the flight

Glad to hear you had a successfull maiden. I would love one of those, but man they cost big bucks. Enjoy it!

Cass
Apr 29, 2004, 11:35 AM
Ercoupe,
Great report ! I feel like I was there ...very eloquent.

Continued good luck !

-SF
Apr 29, 2004, 11:36 AM
Serenity Now!
We have a poet in our midst

Congrats! I hope to share the same level of exuberation when my FSK Spit takes to the air for the first time this coming weekend.

Jeff
Apr 29, 2004, 12:36 PM
Thread OP
Fella's, forgive me for 'waxing poetic' on the flight report. I tried to express the emotion that I'm sure you have all felt on the 'maiden' flight. The 3 bladed, 9x7 prop did quite nicely on that flight. However, I'm looking forward to trying other prop combinations. I also will be purchasing an AXI 1222/20 and am looking forward to the increase in speed.
Apr 29, 2004, 12:51 PM
Quote:
Fella's, forgive me for 'waxing poetic' on the flight report. I tried to express the emotion that I'm sure you have all felt on the 'maiden' flight.
No apology needed I felt the same way
Apr 29, 2004, 01:32 PM
I thought it was great. Felt like I was the one doing the flying.
ercoupe1..........you are wasting your time flying. You should be writing novels.
Apr 29, 2004, 03:28 PM
Let er Rip
What can I say,

Tears in my eyes,,,

Eloquent or however ya spell that, to say.

Glad you got that maiden out of the way, congrats, now let er rip..

Jim G
Apr 29, 2004, 04:25 PM
Go for it
Congrats,
I remeber the adrenalin rush just before the throw.
And then the joy of seeing it fly.

/Terje
Apr 29, 2004, 04:36 PM
Suspended Account
Already got the adrenalin rush, waiting on the winds to die this afternoon for the joy of the flight. Gonna go with the KoKam 3s 1500. If I fry it, oh well. I'll go with the Tanic 1700 HD after I am used to the way it fly's. The extra 20 g's shouldn't be as bad then.
Apr 29, 2004, 05:04 PM
ercoupe1,

Nice bit of writing there to capture the maiden experience. Glad it was a good one! I'm saving my money for the Alfa FW-190 and am always encouraged when I hear good reports of its abilities. I plan to go brushless when I get mine. That will be a first for me. I already have one of the new MP Jet outrunner style motors (the red one) for it. I plan to use a 2S LiPo with a 9x6 (or 8x6) APC prop. Does anyone know if a 1200 E-Tec - rated at 9 amps - will handle this setup? Thanks.

Again, nice bit of writing. Makes me want to order mine NOW.

Aub
Apr 29, 2004, 05:50 PM
Suspended Account
Check the Alfa 190 thread on this page for some initial user-testing on the MPJet outrunner.
Apr 29, 2004, 07:30 PM
The Lipos cost how much?!

Welcome to the club!

Great writing! Glad that you had a good maiden experience. Now if only you could get William Hung to sing for you.....

SHE FLYS, SHE FLYS......SHE MOVES, SHE MOVES

Pumi
Apr 29, 2004, 09:19 PM
lol pumi

Aubard,
Quote:
I already have one of the new MP Jet outrunner style motors (the red one) for it. I plan to use a 2S LiPo with a 9x6 (or 8x6) APC prop. Does anyone know if a 1200 E-Tec - rated at 9 amps - will handle this setup? Thanks.
I think with that prop/motor you will kill the poor E-tec , you can "prop down"
***YUK *** Or go with 3s ....could be wrong.

Good luck !

-SF
Apr 29, 2004, 09:54 PM
SF,

I'm confused. Hobby Lobby says about this motor, "Great with 2 cell Li-Poly pack and 9x6 prop." They also say it has maximum efficeincy at 15 amps. I really don't want to get into 3 cell packs since this will be my only brushless. I would like a Li-Poly pack that could travel to other "brushed-motor" planes without burning up the motors. How about a 2S 1900 or 2100 Thunder Power Li-Poly? Or is Hobby Lobby just wrong about the 2S with 9x6 prop? Thanks for the advice.

Aub

Quick Reply