This thread is privately moderated by crash74, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Sep 28, 2014, 05:01 PM
Swiwin Turbine Dealer
Thread OP
Discussion

My hobby room

a few pictures of my messy hobby room and inside the duke
Last edited by crash74; Oct 05, 2014 at 02:17 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 02, 2014, 08:24 PM
Fly and let Fly!
Rob, I see a bunch of stuff and also you are on the "dark" side too.. (Heli)... I see a Dueces Wild which I here is an Elite, desired frame.. Got tempted a couple times but pricey.. What is that other piece with the dual motor on the wings blue and white... Duke like..? And Green bottled beer.. dunno 'bout that.. I see magnets for Dukes canopy you installed as well.. Nice Bipe.. I love them too.. Cliff
Oct 02, 2014, 10:06 PM
Swiwin Turbine Dealer
Thread OP
If your talking about this plane it's my long on going build of a BeachCraft G58.
Latest blog entry: Ryan S-T
Oct 02, 2014, 10:07 PM
Swiwin Turbine Dealer
Thread OP
I also picked this one up today from local Craigs List
Oct 02, 2014, 10:30 PM
Swiwin Turbine Dealer
Thread OP
This is the motors I used. the specs call for 3 cell. I should of gotten something like this

I think I'm just going to put a 4 cell battery and hope for the best
Oct 02, 2014, 10:49 PM
Fly and let Fly!
Hmm.. Will consider the lower kv pieces.. I see an Italian fighter there too.. Nice.. Craigs list.. That is a concept..! At the moment I am putting together a 1/2 size Astro Hog..Name: IMGP2393.jpg
Views: 31
Size: 440.1 KB
Description:
Nov 08, 2014, 11:26 AM
Swiwin Turbine Dealer
Thread OP

helping Cocg

First picture is what should come with spinner kit. You need to cut your shaft down so the adapter can fit as close to motor without touching it. Then slip adapter over shaft. Tighten set screws down. Be sure to use a dab of lock tight. You can also flatten a spot on shaft for screws. But I didn't. Then just assemble back plate, prop, and last spinner. Hope this helped.
Nov 08, 2014, 11:36 AM
Fly and let Fly!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crash74
First picture is what should come with spinner kit. You need to cut your shaft down so the adapter can fit as close to motor without touching it. Then slip adapter over shaft. Tighten set screws down. Be sure to use a dab of lock tight. You can also flatten a spot on shaft for screws. But I didn't. Then just assemble back plate, prop, and last spinner. Hope this helped.
Perfect sir.. Thank You so much.. I was speculating that the shaft needed to be cut.. But.. On the spinner link it shows a different adapter.. A screw on hex thing.. With out that allen "flat spot" tightening method.. I am sure I'll figure it but really wanted and needed a peek at what was working for you.. Cool.. Getting closer to assembly .. Collecting parts.. Also dummy fitted together to see if it will fit in my Jeep assembled.. Tight but seems ok.. Cliff..
Nov 08, 2014, 11:42 AM
Swiwin Turbine Dealer
Thread OP
after another look. it doesn't matter if the prop adapter rests on the motor housing because it all turns. I'm glad I could help. Need anything else don't hesitate to ask.
Nov 10, 2014, 01:05 PM
Swiwin Turbine Dealer
Thread OP
Hope this helps
Nov 10, 2014, 01:09 PM
Fly and let Fly!
Thanks again mate.. It does help .. Truly like those spinners... However my concern is what I was curious of.. the gap.. Is it feasible to close it more? Seems unlikely..
Nov 10, 2014, 01:55 PM
Swiwin Turbine Dealer
Thread OP
To close gap you will have to move motor mounts back. Or measure gap from mount to necels and get a shorter motor.
Nov 10, 2014, 02:32 PM
Fly and let Fly!
I speculated as much.. Mount fits so nice as it is and already spent the funds on motors.. Perhaps a ply mount that is thinner than the plastic one included would help.. I am not home either. Will do some measuring and will get at it hopefully before too long..
Nov 10, 2014, 02:33 PM
Fly and let Fly!
Oh yeah, How is your Ryan? ..Flew mine yesterday.. Great looking airframe..

Quick Reply