May 12, 2016, 08:42 AM
I'm always asked by people at my local track if something's wrong with my Typhon. She's made those sounds since day one.
to remove ads between posts
May 12, 2016, 08:53 AM
Buggy in style
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost Lee View Post
I'm always asked by people at my local track if something's wrong with my Typhon. She's made those sounds since day one.
This sound, is totally normal.

Arrma Typhon grinding sound (0 min 11 sec)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
May 12, 2016, 12:15 PM
I have learned to like the sound once I learned there was nothing wrong, it is unique at my track, and everyone knows when I am out there. It is almost like a low level siren sound. Ha. Funny, I get good aural feedback that others don't because of it. A silent car just seems weird to me.
May 12, 2016, 05:45 PM
Buggy in style
I actually love driving a silent car, especially when I'm alone at the track.

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk
May 14, 2016, 03:33 PM
Suspended Account
Had the Typhon on a blacktop track this AM. Love it ��.
Upgraded r km the servo, wing mount and tires. It's ready for the season.
May 20, 2016, 09:37 PM
Looking for premount tires for my Typhon, Crack 2 sets of the original Dboots in 2 months, this car is a beast and running 6s only in grass. Any suggestions? What's the original rim size?
May 20, 2016, 10:35 PM
Buggy in style
Original are 17mm hex buggy wheels. They really only come in one size.

Pre-mounted... get pro-line. Their velocity wheels should be pretty good. They will be my next set of wheels.

May 21, 2016, 06:43 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by elwoody View Post
Looking for premount tires for my Typhon, Crack 2 sets of the original Dboots in 2 months, this car is a beast and running 6s only in grass. Any suggestions? What's the original rim size?
The general consensus on the RCTech forum is that the DBoots are crap. The good thing is they don't wear out on 4S. On 6S they are said to blow apart pretty quickly.

I tried 6S one day by doubling up some 3S airplane packs. I decided to stick to 4S because I am using this buggy on pretty tight race courses, not just bashing.

Duratrax Lockups seem to work with running on grass and dirt and I think they will stand up to 6S if I ever decide to run it that way. I use Banditos on pavement and they grip very well.
Jun 06, 2016, 01:07 AM
Anyone got the new 2016 version of Typhon yet? Towerhobbies seems to have them in stock already. Waiting for reviews of the new electronics. The new ESC doesn't seem to have any reported problem yet. Hope someone who got the new version can share~
Jun 06, 2016, 04:11 AM
Quote:
The general consensus on the RCTech forum is that the DBoots are crap. The good thing is they don't wear out on 4S. On 6S they are said to blow apart pretty quickly.
It is the inserts in the RTR tires, they are so soft they might as well not be in there.

I changed over to some AKA city blocks for my outdoor 1/8 track. Even though they are hard compound they are definitely getting some bite over the RTR set.

The new V2 Typhons are indeed shipping. No one has one in hand that I have seen though.
I also hear Arrma has ran out of the orange ESCs now and are sending out the new rebadged hobby wing ones as replacements.
Jun 06, 2016, 10:02 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double D View Post
It is the inserts in the RTR tires, they are so soft they might as well not be in there.

I changed over to some AKA city blocks for my outdoor 1/8 track. Even though they are hard compound they are definitely getting some bite over the RTR set.

The new V2 Typhons are indeed shipping. No one has one in hand that I have seen though.
I also hear Arrma has ran out of the orange ESCs now and are sending out the new rebadged hobby wing ones as replacements.
I run Banditos on an asphalt track. I already wore out a set of C3's and now have a set of C2's on order.
Have not had any trouble with the red ESC. I upgraded the wing mount (I understand the new one is stronger) and changed the radio over to Futaba. I had to Dremel out the receiver box a bit to fit the RX. Also replaced the servo with a faster one from SAVOX.

Right now I'm waiting for replacement shock shafts has one of mine is bent.
Jun 06, 2016, 09:17 PM
Hi looking at this vs the bushmaster but the bushmaster here is about $300 more expensive and it can't handle 6s. In Vas's race wars videos the bushmaster beat the typhon in handling but the typhon had the legs on the straight. Is there some inexpensive mods to help the typhon handle better? Believe it was running some AKA cityblock tyres. The Typhon did not seem to turn as sharply as the bushmaster and also seemed to oversteer more. Is this servo related, or shocks / springs, camber etc?

Firestone 4th tyre FREE at Bridgestone Select (0 min 16 sec)
Jun 07, 2016, 02:37 AM
how do people rate this against the thunder tiger bushmaster?, it is about $300 more expensive here. What do people recommend to improve handling - change tyres?
Jun 07, 2016, 04:52 AM
Buggy in style
The Typhon is great right out of the box. I bashed mine, and my friend was impressed how well it handled against his backslash.

Jun 07, 2016, 03:25 PM
thanks think I will go with the typhon not really a good comparison in the video...

Quick Reply