Sep 27, 2014, 07:50 PM
Thread OP
New Product

ARRMA Typhon 6s BLX 1/8th 4WD RTR Buggy Thread

Hi folks. I just got the new ARRMA Typhon 6s 4WD buggy. There isn't much on the internet about this 1/8th scale buggy yet as it's so new, so I thought I'd start something here.

This is the company promo website for it; lots of good info here:
http://www.arrma-rc.com/rc-cars/latest/typhon/blx

This is the "story board" version which is a bit easier to navigate and gives similar info:
http://www.arrma-rc.com/rc-cars/late...lx/story-board

Here's my YouTube channel with several early-on videos of it, including unboxing and first speed run:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUH...eS-ZpLQ/videos

I've included a few pictures of my buggy below (1st photo is the ARRMA stock photo). Hopefully others can chime in and share their own thoughts and experiences of the new 6s Typhon

The components are pretty nice on this thing. Servo is strong with good torque, and they include a good bit of red aluminum parts. The car looks bold and sharp. Time will tell about durability, as well as parts availability. In terms of speed, I got 53MPH running everything stock and 6s lipo (2 x 3s 6500mah 60c, run at storage voltage only). With a few touch-ups and pinion mods, this buggy will fly. I only got it yesterday, so I haven't had much bashing time.

BTW, the white wheels shown are not the stock/factory ones. I simply put some older ones on (HobbyKing) for initial running/testing.
Last edited by lightrules; Sep 29, 2014 at 01:35 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 29, 2014, 12:46 AM
That's good to hear finally someone has it in there hands I was kinda iffy of ordering it but then tower had it 429 in stock with easy pay option so I ordered it will arrive Wednesday can't wait lol
Oct 03, 2014, 01:41 PM
so here is another update to the arrma typhon 6s i recently picked it up and its a cool buggy i think the motor is a little overrated as far as power and kv rating, its a good buggy has a little slop in the front end, quality seems to be good, a few things that do concern me is the cogging of the motor when applying a little throtle, where the a-arms attach are like oivot balls that looks like will wear down over time creating more front end slop, but overall this thing out of the box for 429 shipped is a good starting point for new people to rc, but all in all i would purchase again if i had to, the price is good seems pretty solid for now, and is 6s 22.2 lipo compatible.
Oct 04, 2014, 10:17 AM

arrma durango

Hey guys. I have seen this typhon car at my hobby shop. I work in Palm desert at uncle dons and an the "car guy". I've been a big fan of team durango stuff. This is a joint effort from arrma and team durango and upon further investigation I found that the layout and the suspension is exactly what ryan lutz is using on his new dnx8 car. And the new durango dex8 will share most of the components with the typhon but in a racier version. I plan to get one of these next week after I talk to the GP rep but I'm going to take it straight to the track and see if the front end slop affects handling. Things I've found that even a fair amount of slop still nets a well handling car...it's off road folks not onroad. I'll let you guys know what I think. And yes. It does cog quite a bit but it's a 180a esc and it's non sensored
Oct 04, 2014, 07:14 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan71375
Hey guys. I have seen this typhon car at my hobby shop. I work in Palm desert at uncle dons and an the "car guy". I've been a big fan of team durango stuff. This is a joint effort from arrma and team durango and upon further investigation I found that the layout and the suspension is exactly what ryan lutz is using on his new dnx8 car. And the new durango dex8 will share most of the components with the typhon but in a racier version. I plan to get one of these next week after I talk to the GP rep but I'm going to take it straight to the track and see if the front end slop affects handling. Things I've found that even a fair amount of slop still nets a well handling car...it's off road folks not onroad. I'll let you guys know what I think. And yes. It does cog quite a bit but it's a 180a esc and it's non sensored
Good info, thanks. Especially great to hear it's got a family resemblance to the DEX8. The more parts compatibility the merrier
Oct 15, 2014, 11:09 AM

Thinking about purchasing this car in 2days.

Dear Lightrules (Nice videos BTW, thanks for sharing!) & Jonathan71375 (We got the same first name mate!!)

I'm considering purchasing this R/C though, my R/C guru in my country which is a good friend, don't really like Arrma R/C's his much more into Kyosho.

Last time I spoke with him about this car (Typhon 6S) he sent me to purchase the Kyosho B-XXL VE 1:7 2WD - amazing car.

Though, as a "Basher", would I have any extra points purchasing this R/C over the Kyosho one from your point of view? I've did modified the Kyosho to run very well in sands even its 2WD...

Lightrules, What is your overall experience and recommendation about this car now that you mgiht have it for several days?

Jonathan71375, had you purchase & tested this R/C already?

I've got no spare parts available locally in my area, so if i'll purchase it I prefer to know which spare parts I should order ASAP.

P.s does running it with a 1x battery 4S 30C (GensAce) will get to ~50Mph? or it will be slower per your opinion?

Thanks in advance!
Oct 16, 2014, 12:48 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devorkin
Dear Lightrules (Nice videos BTW, thanks for sharing!) & Jonathan71375 (We got the same first name mate!!)

I'm considering purchasing this R/C though, my R/C guru in my country which is a good friend, don't really like Arrma R/C's his much more into Kyosho.

Last time I spoke with him about this car (Typhon 6S) he sent me to purchase the Kyosho B-XXL VE 1:7 2WD - amazing car.

Though, as a "Basher", would I have any extra points purchasing this R/C over the Kyosho one from your point of view? I've did modified the Kyosho to run very well in sands even its 2WD...

Lightrules, What is your overall experience and recommendation about this car now that you mgiht have it for several days?

Jonathan71375, had you purchase & tested this R/C already?

I've got no spare parts available locally in my area, so if i'll purchase it I prefer to know which spare parts I should order ASAP.

P.s does running it with a 1x battery 4S 30C (GensAce) will get to ~50Mph? or it will be slower per your opinion?

Thanks in advance!
Hi, I like the car a lot. Solid components, very fast on 6s, durable, looks good too. As for speed, you won't get to 50mph on 4s with the stock set up. Look at my speed runs and my videos on Youtube. I don't recall the exact speeds but I do have comments and videos on this subject. BTW, lots more discussion over at URC at my thread there: http://www.ultimaterc.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=214638
Oct 16, 2014, 01:51 PM

Re:

Dear LightRules,
Thanks for your reply, I'm already posting there, using the CrAzYoNi nick over there as this one already was used.
Nov 09, 2014, 10:28 AM

Typhon

I just got mine the other day im currently running mine on 5s 5000 25c lipo with stock pinion, I want to try the 16t pinion but I drive offroad a lot aswell ,would the esc/.motor get hot as the high speed gearing sticker says
Nov 10, 2014, 12:23 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by anton831
I just got mine the other day im currently running mine on 5s 5000 25c lipo with stock pinion, I want to try the 16t pinion but I drive offroad a lot aswell ,would the esc/.motor get hot as the high speed gearing sticker says
I think you'll be fine. Just check your temps once in a while.
Nov 11, 2014, 01:56 AM
ARRMA Typhon is a brand in USA/?Mainly produce for what style car ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightrules
Hi folks. I just got the new ARRMA Typhon 6s 4WD buggy. There isn't much on the internet about this 1/8th scale buggy yet as it's so new, so I thought I'd start something here.

This is the company promo website for it; lots of good info here:
http://www.arrma-rc.com/rc-cars/latest/typhon/blx

This is the "story board" version which is a bit easier to navigate and gives similar info:
http://www.arrma-rc.com/rc-cars/late...lx/story-board

Here's my YouTube channel with several early-on videos of it, including unboxing and first speed run:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUH...eS-ZpLQ/videos

I've included a few pictures of my buggy below (1st photo is the ARRMA stock photo). Hopefully others can chime in and share their own thoughts and experiences of the new 6s Typhon

The components are pretty nice on this thing. Servo is strong with good torque, and they include a good bit of red aluminum parts. The car looks bold and sharp. Time will tell about durability, as well as parts availability. In terms of speed, I got 53MPH running everything stock and 6s lipo (2 x 3s 6500mah 60c, run at storage voltage only). With a few touch-ups and pinion mods, this buggy will fly. I only got it yesterday, so I haven't had much bashing time.

BTW, the white wheels shown are not the stock/factory ones. I simply put some older ones on (HobbyKing) for initial running/testing.
Dec 09, 2014, 12:02 AM
I am in lust with this buggy and dunno why.
Dec 29, 2014, 05:04 PM
Where did you get the batts for the typoon? Thanks.
Dec 29, 2014, 05:12 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Cow
Where did you get the batts for the typoon? Thanks.
You can run whatever lipo batts you like. And FYI, it's actually "Typhon" and not "Typhoon". Not a big deal but just clarifying.
Dec 29, 2014, 08:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightrules
You can run whatever lipo batts you like. And FYI, it's actually "Typhon" and not "Typhoon". Not a big deal but just clarifying.
Thanks. LOL it was a typo but even with a typo I wasn't close. Hehe

Quick Reply