Sep 27, 2014, 12:25 PM
Thread OP
Help!

AS3X SAFE AR636 receiver gain adjustment possible?

AS3X SAFE AR636 receiver gain adjustment possible?

The pitch gain on the elevator is way to high in all 3 modes (beginner, intermediate or expert) and causes the elevator to wobble when the throttle is higher than 50% on the F4U Corsair S it came installed in. I cannot believe this is normal according to HH since it makes it 100% unsafe to fly like this in any mode.

Can the AR636 receiver with AS3X with Safe be tinkered with in any way?

I have a DX6 with the latest firmware which shows the AS3X in Telemetry but it shows blank _ _ _ x settings in yaw pitch and roll on this receiver in all 3 modes and will not change via the transmitter.

HH is saying these AR636 AS3X Safe receivers are locked and cannot be read or reprogrammed.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 27, 2014, 04:07 PM
Surface, Air & Water Rc Toys..
The Rx in these models are locked.

Try adding a little expo and fly slow in beginner mode, if you want to fly fast change mode that naturally has less gains.

Have a friend who has one and he said after adding a little expo it helped.

Other than that it's locked
Dec 03, 2014, 06:14 AM
Did you check for to much play on the linkages?
No gyro can conqer that..
Dec 03, 2014, 06:15 AM
Surface, Air & Water Rc Toys..
You would think after 3 months he has resolved his issue.
Dec 03, 2014, 11:20 AM
Backing off on the throws, mechanically, not electronically , would help.

Gord.
Dec 03, 2014, 12:59 PM
65 years of RC flying
I suspect that's the answer. The model was probably designed to use the outer hole on the horn but it had got changed.

EDIT: Just verified in the manual that the elevator should have the pushrod on the second hole from the center at the servo arm and the outer hole at the control horn. So it would be easy to inadvertently increase the throw mechanically and that would be equivalent to increasing gain.

The other explanation would be an incorrectly programmed receiver at the factory. I can't believe this is the normal state of affairs!

Here's the video of it flying. Interesting to watch:
http://www.e-fliterc.com/Products/De...0#quickSupport
Last edited by Daedalus66; Dec 03, 2014 at 01:21 PM.
Dec 03, 2014, 01:57 PM
That rx is great!

With a bit of forthought - it will work well with any 4 ch aerobatic or sporty model .
I tried it on different foam sport models - you put in fairly aggressive throws making sure you have everything mechanically going the right way and forget about the SAFE part of the program

Quick Reply