Flyaways Windbreakers! - Page 4 - RC Groups
May 24, 2015, 12:59 AM
Definitely no organized schedule but we'll be there tomorrow. Lance I think will get there around 1pm, I'll be there before that.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 28, 2015, 08:37 PM
I will do it all eventually
I looked at the box today.
Dec 29, 2015, 11:36 AM
I want to fly everything!
Well, I guess that's a start.

How did it make you feel?
Dec 29, 2015, 03:20 PM
Lol
Dec 29, 2015, 09:44 PM
I will do it all eventually
Well, afterwards I reupped my AMA membership for two years and paid dues for Fly-a-Ways: if that's any indication.
Dec 30, 2015, 12:06 AM
Welcome back, Aeron!
Dec 30, 2015, 01:03 AM
Ah. It warms my cockles.

Castel101 will have to warm your landing gear. At least until spring.
Apr 08, 2018, 11:37 AM
It seems that I'm the only one who still breaks wind with my Windbreaker with any consistency. Oh well.

Maybe we need a reset. We stopped having fun when we started flying these more expensive jets.

Did anyone else notice the Horizon Hobby ad on the back cover of Model Aviation? That Blue Angel looks like it came out of the the same mold as the old FMS F-18 we used to fly. Hopefully it won't be too expensive.

Anybody else up for a return to the Blue Bugs flying team?
Apr 08, 2018, 01:03 PM
Denny the "Finger"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance Nordby
It seems that I'm the only one who still breaks wind with my Windbreaker with any consistency. Oh well.

Maybe we need a reset. We stopped having fun when we started flying these more expensive jets.

Did anyone else notice the Horizon Hobby ad on the back cover of Model Aviation? That Blue Angel looks like it came out of the the same mold as the old FMS F-18 we used to fly. Hopefully it won't be too expensive.

Anybody else up for a return to the Blue Bugs flying team?
I still fly mine... not so much in the winter as it seems to aggravate the landing gear servo problems. I hate those little end stop boards they use.

It seems I might have also missed some of the communication to hook up with you guys. I would be interested to be more involved.

I would also be interested to find a pilot or two to fly formation type sorties with scale effect as the primary interest. I'm totally open to any choice of aircraft, with a lean toward military, but would just want them to be the same scale and be able to safely match flight speeds.

Got your turbine waiver yet?
Last edited by D_Wright; Apr 08, 2018 at 01:11 PM.
Apr 08, 2018, 06:10 PM
https://www.horizonhobby.com/force-f...fan-fcef060001

Looks like it is in stock set up for 4s.

Frank
Apr 09, 2018, 08:51 PM
Denny the "Finger"
Let's fly these as a squadron...
Apr 10, 2018, 03:09 PM
Last month I got rid of my last F-18, and my back-up Windbreaker at McMinnville because they were taking up space and we never fly these anymore!?!?! Lance, where do you fly these days? I still have one Windbreaker left. The 8-year-old across the street has put a few cracks in it from flying it around my garage with her hands, but I could patch that up if we're going to fly again.
Apr 10, 2018, 03:25 PM
If anybody wants my windbreaker. It’s available. I’m not going to be at the field consistently enough to practice flying with the team. (Was never very good at it anyway) :-)

Dennis L.
Apr 13, 2018, 12:06 PM
That's amazing that HorizonHobby is now offering the exact same one! It's 4S and has a fancier, non-drilling sound, fan. It's cool cuz that means they'll have all the parts in stock to support it. I still have mine and it's flyable but unfortunately with our little one, I don't have the same time available as before to fly.

Quick Reply