Flyaways Windbreakers! - Page 3 - RC Groups
Dec 24, 2014, 09:53 PM
I want to fly everything!
Well, just order one Clete! You would be a great addition.

So far, I think we've only had four in the air at once.

You can order the graphics from Callie. You would have to ask her to include the numbers. David crashed #11 and he doesn't want to fly with the group so that number would be free as well as anything other than 3 and 9 as far as I'm concerned since only Chris and I (and David) have put the graphics on anyway (that's a guilt trip right there).
to remove ads between posts
Dec 25, 2014, 12:19 PM
All Windbreakers:

What are we to do about the retracts not working in the cold? Do we all buy the set that Geoff posted? This is going to throw Chris' weight reduction program off.

Ivan told me that he had a set of R/C Lander retracts that were a drop-in fit. Where can we get them, Ivan?
Dec 25, 2014, 01:33 PM
Drop in fit. In fact, I think these use the exact same casing. What I did was replace the trunion from the stock ones into these and also used the stock plastic bases since the screw pattern is the same. Here's the link:

http://parkrcmodels.com/product_info...roducts_id=596

Select Main gears only (-$20) so it comes down to $55 for two. I left the nose retract alone and only changed the mains. Each retract is $30 so I think the $55 deal above is a little better. Later you can also change the nose one if desired (replace the trunion with the stock one and done). No more belly landings!

I had these from the Tomcat and the old ones in my F-4 so I was lucky to see they fit .

Ivan
Dec 25, 2014, 03:52 PM
HI Guys,

I got the free fuselages (2) that Motion promised us back when we did the initial order.
They finally got in some spares. I can bring them out to the field when the weather improves or if someone has a need they can pick one up. I ordered another spare for myself, but mine came out pretty nice after the foam-coat repair.

_Merry Christmas all ...

-Joe
Dec 25, 2014, 03:55 PM
I thought the cold-weather dynam gear problem was finally fixed...has anyone been having toruble?
Dec 27, 2014, 10:24 PM
WindBreaker #7 is ready to roll now! All it's missing is the dark canopy tinting.
Dec 28, 2014, 11:22 AM
What a good boy!
Dec 28, 2014, 12:13 PM
Yep! Got asked about it every time I was at the field so figured it was about time .
Jan 01, 2015, 11:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Kollmann
I thought the cold-weather dynam gear problem was finally fixed...has anyone been having toruble?
We used hot breath and hand warmers on them today. Mine worked better than lance's - I had only one or two misfires out of ~30 cycles.
Jan 02, 2015, 01:08 AM
Yeah, you may have the hot breath Dave, but mine (and Ivan's) still looked better all resplendent with the graphics (another guilt trip inserted here).

Chris' would have looked good out there too if he wouldn't have been busy playing with model trains in his garage (yet another guilt trip here).

Where were the rest of the Windbreakers (a third guilt trip)?

I got sun burned today! It was beautiful out there.
Apr 13, 2015, 11:00 PM
Well, dang....

I almost got my decals done, but I got in a hurry and damaged the right side "Wind Breakers" decal. Are there any extras?

I need both parts: "Wind" and "Breakers"

Dennis
Apr 16, 2015, 10:55 AM
Denny the "Finger"
Hello Gents,

I'm a new member of FAW. I have some experience with both formation flying and flying jets too. I would be interested in joining your effort.

If one of you would give me a call with all of the info I need to get started that would be very cool. PM me and I'll send you my phone number.

I have multiple vids on YouTube. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgj...EYKFedloh7EPIw

See you at the field.

Den
Apr 19, 2015, 11:14 AM
Hi Den,

Sorry to take so long to respond, I just heard about you yesterday.

We would be delighted to have you join the WindBreakers! You sound like a perfect candidate.

You can order a Meteor from here: http://www.motionrc.com/dynam-meteor-70mm-edf-jet-pnp/

Motion RC has promised to support us and keep replacement parts in stock.

We all settled on a spec. battery so the planes' performance would match: http://www.motionrc.com/admiral-pro-...-lipo-battery/
They are a little spendy but they seem to be good batteries. I like them.

Go ahead and order a set of graphics from Callie. http://www.callie-graphics.com/ Tell her you are a new member of the WindBreakers. You can tell her I sent you.

You need to tell her the tail number. It looks like number 10 has not been used. Dave, #11 isn't comfortable flying with the group yet and you could take that too. It's a little easier to fit on the tail. Number 6 hasn't renewed his AMA or FAW' s membership so I guess it's available but I wish he would start flying again. Also, WindBreaker number 1 hasn't put his graphics on yet so as far as I'm concerned you could use that. It would serve him right (yet another guilt trip inserted here).

Chris has the setup for spraying the dark tint on the canopy and he can do it at the field.

I look forward to seeing you out at the field.

L.
Apr 19, 2015, 12:05 PM
Denny the "Finger"
Lance, no worries. I'll go with 10 and let the others work their issues out.

I'll order the aircraft and acc. On monday. I have an account with MotionRC and with Callie Graphics as well.

What seems to be the part (s) i might want to keep in my tool box for this bird?

When do you tend to get together?

Den
May 23, 2015, 09:12 AM
Denny the "Finger"
Do the Windbreakers have any organized schedule for flight practice? thx

Quick Reply