Sep 24, 2014, 02:31 PM

Flyaways Windbreakers!

I'm creating this thread so that we can share pictures and settings for our Windbreakers team. So far we have more than 10 members flying the Dynam Meteor airframe.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 24, 2014, 03:10 PM

reporting in

I'm here!

-Joe Kollmann
Sep 24, 2014, 03:49 PM
Here's a great list Joe put together with some pointers for the team:

1. Trim for level flight full throttle hands-off, ALL a/c, this will substantially increase possibility of simultaneous maneuver on-callout. Demonstrate during shakedown training before commissioning each plane.

2. Specify balance point to be common…tail heavy flies faster/pitches faster/stalls lower speed ( and at higher g’s) and vice-versa

3. Specify control throws to be identical and preferably full–stick right=reasonable roll rate NOT 720 deg/seconds. Elevator throw for smallest required loop from level flight and no more. Higher rates will not be of benefit in smooth formation flight.

4. Specify exponential to result in true half-stick, half control deflection (approximately) this is between 35 and 55% I’ll fly any way you guys want to , but I just think it should be similar so the potential roll rates are the same.

5. Flight modes? I’ll be interested to try flaperator mixing and spoilerons for shorter landing but it seems pretty docile as it is, maybe keep it simple.

6. As chris has suggested, removal of excess wire and weight minimization. Deboxing the RX is a few grams too

7. Publication of the routine in aresti symbols and narratively…there is really no such thing as a half-reverse-cuban-right-left. I promise to learn the routine on the sim and be able to do it in my sleep. Level, half roll right, half loop, 45 climb, half-roll left, half loop, level…common terms of maneuver i.d. and reference.

8. Lead sets pace at about 60-75% of potential. Aircraft capable of higher speeds (there will be differences as we’ve seen in the reno racers) should endeavor to moderate throttle to remain behind lead

9. Investigation of ESC settings to optimize throttle response and optimal motor timing / efficiency.

10.Has anyone balanced these fans?, how bad are they?
Sep 24, 2014, 04:10 PM

I have 4 so far 2 to come

I have Meteors!

I want zero or double zero.

Unfortunately only four of the six ordered...maybe the package 1 of 3 will arrive today. I got 2 and 3 of three yesterday.
The one I opened has some very slight creasing on the upper side of one wing, but all - in - all It looks pretty cool! The wing is all white with no color.

I think we will want to put blenderm on the hingelines to prevent tearing.
If anyone wants to come and pick one up:

I’m at,

Joe and Donna Kollmann
6241 SW 27th Ave Portland, OR 97239

Joe
Sep 24, 2014, 04:12 PM
forgot to mention, these four are of six slated for Geoff, Greg, Me, Aeron, Dennis and Ivan
Sep 24, 2014, 07:04 PM
I'm here,

Joe, are you coming to the field Saturday? I could pick mine up then. I also don't mind waiting till the last two arrive if the first four have been claimed.

Dennis
Sep 24, 2014, 09:16 PM
So many planes, So little time

Fans pretty good!!

I'm here!
The fan looks good
Tail numbers;
Joe, 0
Dave, 1
Dennis, 2
Chris, 3
John, 4
Geoff, 5
Aeron, 6
Ivan, 7
Greg, 8
Lance, 9
No # 10
David, 11
Last edited by Xflyfun; Oct 21, 2014 at 09:28 PM. Reason: numbers are now taken
Sep 29, 2014, 07:56 PM
CHECK THIS OUT...my experience exactly with other Dynam planes...we'll have to keep Motion notified on this as they say they have fixed it.

Joe
Sep 29, 2014, 07:57 PM
don't know why the shortcut didn't paste https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=2033960
Sep 29, 2014, 08:40 PM
I hope that we don't have this problem!
We'll know soon as the cold weather is on it's way now.

Guys! Please see Post # 7...PICK YOUR NUMBERS
AND LET LANCE KNOW YOUR PILOT NAMES
Sep 30, 2014, 01:37 AM
I hope the retracts stay solid through the winter! I guess we'll find out how good motionrc's support is.

I sent my name and # to Lance .
Sep 30, 2014, 07:01 PM
Yesterday I was tapping on the retracts of Dave's Dynam Spitfire to get them to come down. This is hard to do on a Spitfire but on the jets it should be easier. Just fly it over your head and give the retracts a couple of taps while flipping the switch and they come right down 30% of the time.

-- Rear Admiral Mike Missingdigits
Oct 05, 2014, 11:46 AM

Roll call

Guys we have three open tail numbers...

The retracts work fine.. Lance got his fan on.. Canopies have been tinted, but not all, I ran out of paint. Still need to paint tail cones, I'll make a mask to quickly spray them at field. Unless we decide to keep the blue.
Graphics have been ordered from Callie. Lance is the BANK on the graphics
sheets. He will put together the packages and each pilot is going to buy from him.
Prices are around the $ 20.00 range per plane.
Oct 08, 2014, 01:28 AM
Geoff

I'm ready to maiden

It went together perfect.
Oct 08, 2014, 01:56 AM
Geoff
I purchased these retracts that are supposed to be an exact fit on the meteor. They work in cold weather. I want to be airworthy in January.

https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/...dProduct=31828

Quick Reply