This thread is privately moderated by eMoon, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Sep 22, 2014, 09:31 AM
I meant to do that
Thread OP
Discussion

New Shop!!

Back in May my wife and I moved from an apartment into a new house. It was a welcome move as I have had a couple houses and apartment living was tough for me. It was also welcome because this is my wife's first house. We finally found our home.

Part of this new home is an area my wife is committed to renovating into my "hangar" as she supports my interest in this hobby 110%. I keep trying to make sure we have enough storage space for holiday decorations and other house needs but no way, "this is YOUR hangar" she says...lol. God Bless her!

Anyway here are some pics of what I have available. This is a 12 x 12 area and I have an additional 10 x 8 area adjacent to this and a small 8 x 6 room I'm going to make into a paint booth. I'm debating between a center layout and cutting table or perimeter benches. Perimeter benches would give me some good spots for bench tools but a central layout table on casters would give me flexibility. Especially when working on a larger model or for model finishing.

I'm intending on lots of pegboard on the walls, painting the ceiling white and adding new shop lighting all around. I have a 24 x 36 cutting mat on order to put into dedicated cutting area.
Last edited by eMoon; Oct 29, 2014 at 08:29 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 24, 2014, 07:51 PM
Tree hopper
I use a cheap kitchen table, with laminated top.

Quick Reply