The ReadyMadeRC Anaconda is Here - Unboxing Video!

Check out the latest FPV aerial platform from RMRC.

Splash

The Anaconda is shipping!

Tim at ReadyMadeRC made sure we had an Anaconda to review. While I'm waiting for a few extra parts to arrive I thought I would let everyone see my unboxing video so you can take a good look at the planes unique features. This FPV plane sports dual tail booms that lead to the inverted V tail! The booms plug into the wing via stereo jacks for super simple removal (no wires to plug and unplug). The fuse is HUGE and the foam is smoother and denser than the foam on my Penguin (I love my Penguin).

Take a look at what's in the box:

ReadyMadeRC Anaconda - Let's see what's in the box! (8 min 7 sec)

There is a lot to like about the Anaconda:

• Unique disassembly for easier break down
  • Modular nose camera bay
  • Adjustable center of gravity tray
  • Tons of room in the fuselage
  • Optional bottom mounted camera bay (coming soon)
  • Gimbal can be mounted under the nose of the plane
  • Optional leading and trailing edge flaps
  • Steerable nose wheel
  • Mounting positions for GPS and/or transmitter on tail booms
  • Premium custom RMRC branded Tiger Motor and ESC included with PNP version

Learn more about the Anaconda here.

Stay tuned for the review of this awesome first person video aerial platform!

Sep 23, 2014, 12:56 AM
Suspended Account
Be carefull of stereo mono plug connection
They dont like vibrations or wiggle

This has been proven to be a weak connection and unfortunately looks like evevator connection that could eventually cause a crash

Very poor design imho

Cheers
Sep 23, 2014, 06:03 PM
Crash Expert
Quote:
Originally Posted by David22
Be carefull of stereo mono plug connection
They dont like vibrations or wiggle

This has been proven to be a weak connection and unfortunately looks like evevator connection that could eventually cause a crash

Very poor design imho

Cheers
DELETED----

Edit: I misread your post a little. I see what you mean by the stereo plugs. I suppose time will tell if they can handle vibration. May have to modify those slightly to handle regular servo wires maybe?
Last edited by Motorbikebruno; Sep 23, 2014 at 06:10 PM.
Sep 24, 2014, 12:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorbikebruno
DELETED----

Edit: I misread your post a little. I see what you mean by the stereo plugs. I suppose time will tell if they can handle vibration. May have to modify those slightly to handle regular servo wires maybe?
You'd have to remove the plugs from the boom and run conventional servo wires. I think you'll find it's more the wire and not the stereo plug. I'd be concerned with the plug tarnishing and needing cleaned occasionally.
Sep 24, 2014, 07:59 AM
Suspended Account
Even with new dx6i and 9303 rc tx i had problems with uhf good solid connection with mono plug
So i stopped trusting mono jack where ever possable

The current rateing for jack plug also might be not good for max 2 to 3 amps

This is big plane that takes heavy load so i guess evevator servo is large one

I hot glue servo plug or dirrect solder onto rc rx to make solid connection

But in this case its evevator servo so you want very solid connection for tail boom

My guess there will be wiggle of mono jack plug durring flight

Unplugging and plugging connections eventually makes for loose connection
Sep 30, 2014, 09:03 AM
I received mine last week and plan to LOS maiden it this weekend; has anyone posted AUW or recommended control throws? I like that the Anaconda breaks down for storage; when assembled in the garage it sure does take up a lot of room. I added some coro and lite ply to the fuse floor; this will help with securing the Vector and additional battery closer to the CG. So far, to CG it out I had to slide the battery tray all the way back; using the new RMRC 4s 6600 packs(2x). This should get me some good flight times.
Oct 04, 2014, 02:56 PM
FPV Pilot
Very interesting plane! I actually saw a very similar looking military UAV called the RQ-7B Shadow at a nearby airshow... Except it costs about $1M and has a 20 foot wingspan.
Oct 08, 2014, 04:12 PM
Hey Raptor, just a little side info.

The RQ7 airframe including flight controller and engine is $750k, however they are purchased as a package,including 2 humvees, one with a storage shell containing 3 RQ-7's, and the other with an air conditioning ground station. It also comes with the large catapult which is a towable trailer. This entire package is sold for about $25 million.

All of these prices do not include sensor packages.
Oct 08, 2014, 06:12 PM
FPV Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwmflying14
Hey Raptor, just a little side info.

The RQ7 airframe including flight controller and engine is $750k, however they are purchased as a package,including 2 humvees, one with a storage shell containing 3 RQ-7's, and the other with an air conditioning ground station. It also comes with the large catapult which is a towable trailer. This entire package is sold for about $25 million.

All of these prices do not include sensor packages.
Yikes! Wish I had that much to spend on planes... Thanks for the extra interesting info!
Oct 08, 2014, 06:42 PM
No problem! Not sure if you noticed at the airshow, but the parachute js on the bottom of the craft. This is due to the fact that the sensor package is seriously expensive (about 2-6 million each)
Oct 08, 2014, 06:58 PM
LOL wow that sounds like FPV right there. $1k of equipment on a $200 airframe!
Oct 10, 2014, 08:48 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by typicalaimster
LOL wow that sounds like FPV right there. $1k of equipment on a $200 airframe!
I find it interesting why guys don't spend way more on their airframes

And spend way less on the fpv installs

Like eliminate all unneeded stuff that take up room and add weight

Really simple set ups with costly airframes fly so much better and way more fun
Oct 17, 2014, 08:24 AM
$750k or $25m, I thought drones were going to REDUCE military spending bloat! Kinda kidding, as drones can do so much for so much less $$. Now if we could only get the regulatory snarls for civilian use brought into this century...

ed
Oct 29, 2014, 10:40 AM
What about the reduction in aircraft losses and troops losses they provide?
Nov 11, 2014, 06:19 PM

RMRC Anaconda FPV Maiden with Vector

Anaconda FPV Maiden Calico Basin with Vector & Dragon Link (8 min 18 sec)

Quick Reply