This thread is privately moderated by Stuart Warne, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Sep 18, 2014, 11:28 PM
MotionRC Europe
Thread OP
Discussion

Savex Spitfire Progress

I had some time whilst recently in the UK to add some finishing (though only temporary) touches to my Spitfire and with that some photo's too.

I've gone for a Greek scheme from early 1945 as it was a 'quick and easy' all silver/natural metal scheme to do as the Savex Spitfire comes out of the mold painted silver so I just really needed to stick some decals on (thanks to Jonte for the decals sizes ). This is only a temporary scheme, the theory being that one day when I return from Hong Kong I'll find time to properly fill, sand and finish the surface of the model before then painting and weathering her up in a new scale RAF camo scheme. But for now, she is done and I'm happy to leave her as she is until that magical day when I have a work shop again

Also flew at an event with the model after I had the new markings on but before I worked on the canopy. A guy at the club shot a nice video, its posted below. The pictures are from last Monday with the canopy improved and aerial added.

Look forward to coming back to this thread in a few years for the next update

S.

Savex Supermarine Spitfire MK Vb (Pilot: Stuart, Durafly Brand Manager for HobbyKing) (2 min 38 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Sep 21, 2014, 05:35 PM
Make me a Gloster Gladiator!
Nice flying and a good looking Spit Stuart !

Looking forward to HK producing a larger scale Spitfire....some day

Terje
Sep 23, 2014, 01:18 PM
MotionRC Europe
Thread OP
A nice larger one would be nice, who knows.

This one does fly very well, I just wished I'd made a nicer landing for the camera, not very pretty that one!

S.
Sep 24, 2014, 01:52 AM
Make me a Gloster Gladiator!
Well, the landing wasn't too bad....quite scale actually if you look at wartime footage

Yes a 1400mm or larger Spit would be nice. Preferable a MkV or MkIX.

While waiting....I have started converting a used FMS 1400mm Spitfire into a MkIX by adding nose lenght and depth, 4 bladed prop, dihedral, landing gear forward rake and splitflaps.

Quick Reply