Sep 18, 2014, 02:00 PM
Do it Right, the first time!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark
Since the fuse is the same and the wing root and stab root are molded in on the fuse, we can assume the the root cords of the wing and stab have not changed

if you just swept the trailing edge , you would reduce the root cord and it would no longer match the fuse

so the the whole wing would be swept back, same with the stab

also looks like they flared the wing and stab tips, (the trailing edge is wider or angled out), that's probably where they got the extra span 42 vs 40.5" and additional wing area 412 vs 392

I think it looks great, and I will probably buy one

First post says-
Quote:
Two-piece, plug-in wings and stabilizers with carbon blade spar support
Whether or not the T.E. is swept or straight , the root chord is the same. If L.E . did not change, and T.E. is swept--that would account for increase sq/in. Tip root have would be longer. That's only 10sq/in per panel.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 18, 2014, 02:14 PM
My dremel tool has no fear
you are correct if the tip cord is longer

tip cord looks similar to the original, but could wider and you are right that could give the extra 10sq/in per wing

on my CAD program you can just grab the tip and pull it back to get more sweep

without on overview comparison we can't tell

I really like the new look
Sep 18, 2014, 02:37 PM
Do it Right, the first time!
Quote:
on my CAD program you can just grab the tip and pull it back to get more sweep
But in doing that, you aslo change the L.E sweep angle, my point was if that did not change ( L.E. sweep) thats how it was done.
Sep 18, 2014, 03:08 PM
Looks great!
Ours will be getting the "whoosh" of a Jetfan 80 setup.
Latest blog entry: Updated blog - Oct 2017
Sep 18, 2014, 03:46 PM
C.H.E.A.P.
3 words:

I have to.
Last edited by MICKEL; Sep 19, 2014 at 10:21 AM. Reason: : instead of .
Sep 18, 2014, 04:06 PM
Hawk Fanatic
Quote:
Originally Posted by MICKEL
3 words.

I have to.
That

was

Sep 18, 2014, 06:43 PM
--So the new wing and horizontal tail will fit the old airframe for replacement parts??

--New foam core sheeted wings and stabilizers stronger than built up sheeted wing?
Sep 18, 2014, 06:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamonH
What's opinions on whether or not the new swept wing design will help with the snap tip stall tendency that the first 32 had?
--Mine never snapped or tip stalled -- easy going airframe with good habits
Sep 18, 2014, 07:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Forse
--So the new wing and horizontal tail will fit the old airframe for replacement parts??

--New foam core sheeted wings and stabilizers stronger than built up sheeted wing?
Had a look at the manual, built up balsa sheeted same as the original. Original is well built no issues.
Sep 18, 2014, 07:50 PM
I was just on your site looking at those. I know nothing about 80mm setups. Guess I need to research.

Quote:
Originally Posted by efflux RC
Looks great!
Ours will be getting the "whoosh" of a Jetfan 80 setup.
Sep 18, 2014, 07:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Forse
--Mine never snapped or tip stalled -- easy going airframe with good habits
Hmmmmm.....when I was originally looking at getting a 32 I did a lot of research about it and it seemed the most talked about issue was the tip stall tendency. Everyone was saying keep speed up, don't use a whole lot of elevator in a turn, etc... I bought one quite a long while ago but for various reasons haven't finished the build and flown it yet. I have the Tam 1409 2y 8s set up in it with eflight retracts Tam struts and all Hitec servos. I guess now that a new one is coming out I need to finish the little tidbits and get it in the air...lol.
Sep 18, 2014, 08:07 PM
crashing build's character.
What will the swept wing do for the new habu? The plus and the minus?
Sep 18, 2014, 08:13 PM
Less drag but will move the cg back which means it may be harder to get it to balance with heavier batteries. Maybe they moved the fan back or made the V in the ducting deeper to allow for that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by onefastxp
What will the swept wing do for the new habu? The plus and the minus?
Sep 18, 2014, 08:18 PM
crashing build's character.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumbler
Less drag but will move the cg back which means it may be harder to get it to balance with heavier batteries.
So more than likely faster? but may stall easyer? Hard to say until we get one and fly it.
Sep 18, 2014, 08:21 PM
If you add crow for landing(both ailerons deflected up a bit) then it always helps reduces a chance of tip stalling. From the looks of it, the taper is not drastically different from original so I wouldn't be concerned about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onefastxp
So more than likely faster? but may stall easyer? Hard to say until we get one and fly it.

Quick Reply