This thread is privately moderated by RotorCycle, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
May 19, 2018, 08:41 AM
Guz
Guz
Gutless wonder
I'm not going to make it. Sorry, but the new hire couldn't work today.

Sorry for the late reply
to remove ads between posts
May 19, 2018, 06:28 PM
Charles Martin

F3K Contest Saturday May 19

We flew 8 rounds of DLG, and it only got hot around lunch time. No wind. Jonathan from SoCal and Adriaan from the Netherlands paid us a visit, and seemed to like flying in a wide-open desert without obstructions. John and his staff provided cheeseburgers for lunch. Good times!

Scores:

F3K Total Scores

F3K Round 01

F3K Round 02

F3K Round 03

F3K Round 04

F3K Round 05

F3K Round 06

F3K Round 07

F3K Round 08

May 19, 2018, 09:53 PM
Where is the lift?
Thank you Charles for organizing this event and thank you to everyone who was able to make it out to compete. Especially Jonathan and Adriaan who drove over from SoCal plus Ray for coming up from Tucson.
Myra and I had a great time and the weather was fantastic for handlaunch. The first task was a little daunting at 8:15 but there was a little bit of lift and I was able to work a couple very light bubbles close to the ground to eek out a 5min flight. George would have too but radio issues had his CX-5 handling very strange and it cost him some time. We found after he landed that one aileron was not responding during the whole flight. We have reason to believe itís not the servo so he parked the CX-5 and that transmitter and flew the next 7 rounds with his CX-4.
After the first round the air started getting more active and things got quite fun. By the end of the contest at around 1:30 huge dust devils started forming nearby as we sat down to eat Johnís famous hamburgers. After watching several of those and seeing that they would likely rip the ez-ups apart we packed things up and headed back home. It may be a little dusty and dirty out there but it is a fantastic place to fly models.
We canít wait to do it again.

Charlie & Myra
May 20, 2018, 10:26 AM

Thanks!

Thanks Charles for a great contest!
It was really great seeing everyone and having a chance to fly. I hope to get out more in the future.
Stay healthy and happy everyone!
Take care,
Ray
May 25, 2018, 07:38 PM
usaf3kteam
Yes great to see everybody thanks for coming to open field flying. Charles thanks for running it cheers. Johnathan how were the steaks?
May 26, 2018, 04:44 PM
Sonoran Laser Art

TD Contest Today

John, thank you for putting on the contest today. For the guys that missed it the air was cooler than normal and very lite wind. Challenging lift at times but very enjoyable. The grass is looking good too.

Corky
Latest blog entry: Website
May 26, 2018, 06:19 PM
Original Bloody Spadder
What a great. Day. Cool temps. Lift was not always easy
The scores
Matt 2715
Randy 2494
Don 2475
John2436
Corky 2384
Jim v.
Corky’s new 3meter. Is a great flying plane. Flew it this morning. Wow great turning. Easy to fly
Great to see Paul Emersunn
He is getting a e-plane to fly with us.
Can’t wait. See you soon Paul
May 26, 2018, 09:02 PM
Charles Martin
It's been a good month for Matt - winning today after kicking our butts last weekend. He now has a big target on his back ...

Hey Corky, what's the name of your 3 meter plane?

Sorry I couldn't make it, but family is coming to town, and I spent a nice flying day cleaning the house. Hope to join you next time.

- Charles

May 26, 2018, 09:31 PM
Sonoran Laser Art
Quote:
Originally Posted by BavarianCharles
It's been a good month for Matt - winning today after kicking our butts last weekend. He now has a big target on his back ...

Hey Corky, what's the name of your 3 meter plane?

Sorry I couldn't make it, but family is coming to town, and I spent a nice flying day cleaning the house. Hope to join you next time.

- Charles

Charles, you missed nice flying day. Wish you were there!!! The big one is a Yellow Jacket 3M. There's a thread on RCG in Thermal. It will launch on my 2m bungee, tap winch, and Electric. Take your pick
Latest blog entry: Website
May 28, 2018, 03:06 PM
Charles Martin

Beat The Heat F3K in July 7 and August 4

Cancelled
Last edited by BavarianCharles; Jul 15, 2018 at 11:05 AM.
Jun 03, 2018, 11:11 PM
Stangely Spinning in a Circle
I can't make the July 7th one, but I will try to make the one on the 4th. I'll let you know definitively after the beginning of July.
Jun 04, 2018, 10:41 PM
Charles Martin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griphon
I can't make the July 7th one, but I will try to make the one on the 4th. I'll let you know definitively after the beginning of July.
Cool - please keep us posted
Jun 18, 2018, 12:34 PM
Guz
Guz
Gutless wonder
I'm really working on making the 7th. So far so good. I even went out yesterday and did a couple of practice throws at the bowl before the wind got to high for just practice.
Jun 18, 2018, 06:17 PM
Charles Martin

Beat the Heat August 4th - Cancelled!

I'm cancelling the August 4th DLG contest due to lack of interest.

If you would like to fly DLG on the 4th, then send me a personal email or via EVEF.

We can always throw together an impromptu contest if we're 4 pilots or more.

Last edited by BavarianCharles; Jul 29, 2018 at 10:05 AM. Reason: Lack of interest
Jul 29, 2018, 10:50 AM
Original Bloody Spadder
Yesterday was our summer soaring challenge
1 randy 3170
2 don 3087
3lee 2815
4 mike r 2334
5ed 2415
6bill 2212
7 Corky 2132
8 john 2025
9justin 1962
10iain 1516
Charlie 640
Myra 565
Next contest August 18 th at 7 am
Last edited by proppy jon; Jul 29, 2018 at 11:02 AM.

Quick Reply