This thread is privately moderated by RotorCycle, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Mar 12, 2018, 08:09 AM
Rick Roberts
Hi all.

Due to family commitments I had to schedule my annual AZ trip for March 19-27. I'm bringing a couple F5J planes and hope to do some flying while I'm there.

I don't see anything on the calendar yet for March 24, but if it's F5J I'm in. I also want to do some flying during the week March 21-23. If anyone can make weekday flying, weather permitting I'll be at the Elliot Bowl Wed-Fri mornings.

Rick
to remove ads between posts
Mar 12, 2018, 10:27 PM
Charles Martin

Scott and Lee at the 2017 BSoAZ

Name: We Be Bad.jpg
Views: 20
Size: 1.21 MB
Description:
Mar 13, 2018, 01:20 AM
Overkill is underrated
I’m looking at this picture of Scott and Lee and help but notice all the footprints left in the dirt. Scott not only left his fair share of those footprints at that contest, but he left his footprints on all of us in EVEF. Next thermal I feel blow by me I’ll know it’s Scott chasing lift.
Mar 13, 2018, 03:37 PM
Charles Martin

F3K (Handlaunch) Contest Sat/Sun April 7/8

The next EVEFPHX DLG contest is going to take place near Eloy on Saturday/Sunday April 7/8.

The field is the one we used for the 2017 BSoAZ, and is located near the intersection of W Shay Road and S Toltec Road, approximately 5.4 miles south of I-10 exit 203

Attachment 10801335

Greg will be visiting from New Mexico, and Sr. Allen from the Infamous Las Vegas Wrecking Crew also plans to attend. Eloy allows for unlimited ranging and poses far less hazards than the Elliot Bowl. Itís an additional 30 minutes to drive, but the benefits outweigh this inconvenience. No radio interference from drone pilots, no bottling plant, no road, no powerlines, no trees, etc.

It's gonna be low key Ė no entry fee, prizes, lunches, nada. BYOB all the way. With 2 flight groups we can make 12 rounds on Saturday, and up to 8 rounds on Sunday. No flyoffs ... If it rains, then the contest takes place in a brew pub in Casa Grande. Darts or pool are on the list of potential tasks.

We will have one porta-potty on a first-come first-serve basis. In times of high traffic sharing is encouraged.

Pilots meeting at 9:00 am, and flying starts shortly afterwards. We'll seed the contest in real time and based on attendance.

Preliminary Pilot List:

John Armstrong
George Morris
Ed LaCroix
Greg McGill
Jim Allen
Matt Mahoney
Pete Ulibarri
Charles Martin
Brad Juntunen
Charlie Morris?

Last edited by BavarianCharles; Apr 05, 2018 at 05:29 PM.
Mar 14, 2018, 07:33 PM
Kirby and I are definite. Skyler probably not. Toby has a new (Oh, the horror of it all!) job! He has joined the ranks of those who actually contribute to society (as compared to me, who doesn't).

Yours, Greg
Mar 16, 2018, 03:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by glidermang
Kirby and I are definite. Skyler probably not. Toby has a new (Oh, the horror of it all!) job! He has joined the ranks of those who actually contribute to society (as compared to me, who doesn't).

Yours, Greg
I'm looking forward to it
Mar 17, 2018, 11:36 PM
Original Bloody Spadder
March Td contest. March 31 at 9 am set altis to 150
6 rounds. Hope to see you all there
Mar 20, 2018, 12:33 PM
Rick Roberts
Hi east valley flyers. I’ve landed, two models made it safely on Delta and I plan to be at the Elliot Bowl Wednesday - Friday mornings this week. Anyone up for fun flying?

Rick
Montague, MA
Mar 20, 2018, 10:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fwroberts
Hi east valley flyers. Iíve landed, two models made it safely on Delta and I plan to be at the Elliot Bowl Wednesday - Friday mornings this week. Anyone up for fun flying?

Rick
Montague, MA
I'll try to join one of the days, what will you be flying? dlg? f5j size?
Mar 20, 2018, 11:03 PM
Rick Roberts
Hi Pete.

I brought two electric models. A 3.4 meter Supra and a 4 meter Ultima.

Rick
Mar 21, 2018, 09:01 AM
Overkill is underrated
Rick, there are a number of us who might have been available to fly with you but there is an F5J contest in Visalia this weekend and we’re leaving town today and tomorrow to get there in time to practice prior to the contest’s start on Saturday. Sorry I’ll miss meeting you.

Ed
Mar 21, 2018, 09:22 AM
Rick Roberts
I thought about Visalia but my time in the Valley is a wife vacation too so...

Sorry to miss you all this year, hope to see you next year here...or next month in North Carolina!

Rick
Mar 21, 2018, 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fwroberts
Hi Pete.

I brought two electric models. A 3.4 meter Supra and a 4 meter Ultima.

Rick
Ill try to make it out tomorrow/ Thursday morning for a little wile. I have a lot of chores today
Mar 21, 2018, 11:56 AM
Rick Roberts
What time will you arrive Pete?

I flew too close to the pumping station this morning and am down one plane.

Giving up for the day. Maybe better luck tomorrow.

Rick
Mar 21, 2018, 09:25 PM
Hi Rick, what time works for you? Id be keen to be there around 10am and fly a couple hours. any time work better for you?

Quick Reply