This thread is privately moderated by RotorCycle, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Oct 18, 2020, 11:14 AM
Lover of fast slope gliders!
That was a fun day!
to remove ads between posts
Oct 19, 2020, 12:54 PM
Charles Martin

F3K Contest in Eloy Saturday Oct 24

We’re flying F3K in Eloy this Saturday. Feel free to let me know if you have firm plans to attend, but we won’t seed the matrix or print scorecards until after the pilot meeting.

Try to be there at 8 am for a show of hands, and we’ll start at 8:30 am. Temps are gonna be nice with nary a breeze in sight.

Pilots:

Joseph Conrad
Ed LaCroix
Charlie Morris
George Morris
Ray Kostuk
Bo Han
Matt Mahoney
CD Charles

Cheers, Charles
Last edited by BavarianCharles; Oct 22, 2020 at 06:33 PM. Reason: Missing word
Oct 25, 2020, 08:56 AM
Great contest Charles! Really good to get out and fly and visit with everyone.
Take care,
Ray
Oct 25, 2020, 12:08 PM
It was a great contest, nice to see some old faces. Myra was the photog on duty. Instead of waiting for newsletter in January, you can get a peek at the photos now.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...GY?usp=sharing
Oct 25, 2020, 08:26 PM
I had a blast and enjoyed every minute of the contest. Thanks for organizing this event Charles.

Bo
Oct 25, 2020, 09:55 PM
Overkill is underrated
Another great days with great pilots. I’m committed with Charles to hold DLG contests every month while the weather is good. See all again soon!
Oct 26, 2020, 10:21 AM
Charles Martin

F3K Contest in Eloy Saturday Nov 14

The next F3K contest is scheduled for Saturday November 14 in Eloy. This will be a dress rehearsal for the BSoAZ, with no costumes required.

The field will be set up with cones and thermal poles, and we'll fly the Saturday BSoAZ tasks. Unfair advantage? Not in my book ..

See you there! CD Carlos

Oct 27, 2020, 12:46 AM

F5K Fun Fly (NOT A CONTEST) This Saturday, Oct 31, 9AM! BASIN 116, MESA

PLEASE RESPOND if you plant to attend and indicate what, if any, plane you plan to bring. Even better...post a photo of your new plane!

As mentioned in our first F5K Google group conversation, we are having our first F5K event this weekend. If you haven't finished building your F5K plane, now is the time to wrap it up. If you find yourself not quite ready with a plane, come out to join us anyway. This is an opportunity to learn more about the format!

Activities
The primary goal here is have our planes and systems ready for a future competition rather than compete here. If you are ahead of the curve, please plan to help others and get some good practice under your belt.
  1. Altis setup and verification: We will ensure that everyone has their Altis set up the same way and that it operates as expected. We will have a couple laptop computers to help with this. See the link to our Altis setup guide below.
  2. Launching and landing rules review: We will review these basics without getting into the different tasks at this time. Our rules will be simplified from what you may have seen on the web.
  3. Flight Recording Practice: We will pair up with a partner to practice timing 4 flights in a row, recording flight times to a score card after each flight and then recording the corresponding launch heights from the altis after all 4 flights are completed. We will give everyone a chance to get comfortable with this process.
  4. Tuning: Take an opportunity to tune your plane and compare notes with other pilots.
  5. GliderScore Exercise: We will have a Beta version of GliderScore with us that is set up for F5K. We may run a couple tasks through it and take some volunteer pilots to run the test.

PREPARATION
  1. Build a plane
  2. Configure the Altis Nano using the following guide: EVEF F5K Altis Nano Setup. If you do not have a Windows PC to program you Altis, just bring it to the event to be programmed there.
  3. Bring a few charged batteries
See you at the field!

-Randy

Confirmed For Event
  1. Randy West (e-Flitz)
  2. Don Scegiel (e-Flitz)
  3. Charles Martin (e-Flitz fuse)
  4. John Armstrong (Vortex 3 F5K)
  5. Corky Miller (Yellow Jacket F5K)
  6. Ed LaCroix (Fury)
  7. Ford Rollo
  8. Bo Han
  9. Mike Roseberry (e-Flitz)
  10. Steve Wilcox (e-Flitz)
  11. Jim Velleman (Yellow Jacket 1.5m)
  12. Brad Juntunen
  13. Bob Parks
Last edited by Westranm; Oct 30, 2020 at 10:31 AM. Reason: Adding confirmed participants
Oct 28, 2020, 01:46 PM
Overkill is underrated
I’ll be there. Fury ready!
Oct 28, 2020, 04:37 PM
SHADYBOY
I plan to be there Flitz in hand
Oct 28, 2020, 04:49 PM
Lover of fast slope gliders!
I'll be there fury with one batt.
Oct 29, 2020, 09:17 AM
Sonoran Laser Art
Quote:
Originally Posted by glasairIII
I'll be there fury with one batt.
A batting contest, do I need a helmet?
Oct 29, 2020, 10:34 PM
Charles Martin

2020 F5J Tour

Name: Capture.JPG
Views: 22
Size: 100.7 KB
Description:
Oct 30, 2020, 08:56 PM
Hi guys I will be in town for the day and would like to see this new discipline in action.

Is the Basin 116 located at 9750 Elliot rd?
Oct 30, 2020, 09:56 PM
Mesa AZ, it's a dry heat!

Contest location

That is correct. Park in 96th St. and then it is a short walk to the site.

Contest starts at 9AM.

Iain

Quick Reply