Sep 15, 2014, 02:48 PM
If it flies I like it.
Thread OP
Discussion

Cherokee RM 1/3 scale - Wood List

I forgot to attach the wood list along with the plans I posted earlier. I don't guarantee it to be 100% accurate, but it's what I used to order my wood. I generally order more quantities than I need so I can pick the best pieces and the best densities. Sticks in particular tend to have warps, so it's good to get extras and sort through them.

Marcs Laser Shop http://www.marcslasershop.com/ has released a short kit which saves a lot of building time. Marc can also provide printed plans if needed.

Al
Last edited by HotdogX; Oct 23, 2015 at 12:50 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 20, 2014, 02:27 PM
"the analog man"

Wood List

Hotdog,
Any idea how close this list for the RM is to the normal Cherokee that Dave designed? I've been looking for such a list, and I know Marc doesn't have one .

Larry Fitch
Sep 20, 2014, 04:30 PM
If it flies I like it.
Thread OP
Larry,

I'm afraid my wood list wouldn't be very good for Dave's 1/3 scale Cherokee II. The RM wings use different size wood stock and also a fair bit of plywood. There are also differences in the tail wood types and sizes as well as the fuselage. It does take some time, but once you have the plans you will be able to come up with the wood types and sizes.

Al
Sep 21, 2014, 07:44 PM
Larry, I have a bit of a list that I can send you but will be challenged for a few days...

DS

Quick Reply