Sep 16, 2014, 06:39 PM
QuAd FaNaTiC
what is a TR1?

I have skyzone goggles and some fatshark stuff unfortunately doesn't match up well

for example - guizmos vtx works, but skyzones do some odd stuff - like split screen ect.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 17, 2014, 10:26 AM
Whoop the planet!

Interested in New carbon/G10 micro quad and hex frames?

Looks wicked - subscribed!
May I queue up for a twin 0.75mm plus acc plate?
That's sounds very tough yet light to me.

And I think you are on a good track with the hex plan.
We need more payload and/or more authority. If kept light enough, a hex could even provide redundancy.

Another possible option to increase lift: lower Kv motors and larger props. I tested 75mm props on 17.000Kv motors, and they bring a 750mah to the knees immediately. It flies, but brownouts as soon as to look at the throttle too hard. -15s didn't work much better.
I shall include a range of lower KV samples in my next order
Latest blog entry: this is the Micro Motor Museum!
Sep 17, 2014, 01:35 PM
Team Warpsquad!!!
Interested... A hex with 7mm would really have my attention.
Also a proto-x sized 1 mm/ maybe .75 mm frame would be a fun project
Sep 17, 2014, 02:27 PM
Quote:
what is a TR1?
This - https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=2187957

Quote:
And I think you are on a good track with the hex plan.
We need more payload and/or more authority. If kept light enough, a hex could even provide redundancy.
Hi Benedikt, good to see you dropping along One dual 0.75 set aside for you
You could add flight time to the options as well there so more payload and/or more authority and/or more flight time.

Which ever way you look at it the no's stack up in favor of the hex. I personally
think that these little micro quads are all just a little on the limit a little for proper hobby grade FPV. Yes it can be done and great great fun, but you do have to sacrifice one or more of the above.

Quote:
Another possible option to increase lift: lower Kv motors and larger props. I tested 75mm props on 17.000Kv motors, and they bring a 750mah to the knees immediately. It flies, but brownouts as soon as to look at the throttle too hard. -15s didn't work much better.
I shall include a range of lower KV samples in my next order
Yes this is another option I considered. It was actually the main reason i went for a 130mm design rather than 120mm as is more common. It allows a bit of experimentation with prop size without sacrificing FOV when filming / fpv flying.

I had actually considered maybe we need to go up a motor size to a 10 0r 12mm diameter can motor and around 9-12000Kv with 75mm props seems like a good mark to me. The fets on the Alienwii should handle this without issue as some I've looked at of this size are still only drawing around 3.5-4a at 5 v, although as you say bigger batteries may be required

Hi Btnewman - again getting a good selection of micro fanatics here is definitely pleasing.

Quote:
Interested... A hex with 7mm would really have my attention.
Also a proto-x sized 1 mm/ maybe .75 mm frame would be a fun project
Good stuff. If (or should i say when ) i do a hex it will be no problem to make it either 7mm or 8.5mm motors. Although I think 8.5 has more scope

Hmm nano fpv hex interesting (start scratching imaginary beard. Lol).
In all honesty if there is an interest in more frames options then I'm happy to keep playing with new designs and am fully open to suggestions or one of special projects.
Sep 17, 2014, 06:06 PM
Team Warpsquad!!!
Question mark. Do you do custom cut out frames?
Sep 17, 2014, 06:15 PM
Hi BT Newman,

Yes we've been offering custom design and cnc machining services for a couple of years now. Done a wide range of different projects (from gimbals to gearboxes)

For flat plate work easiest thing is to send us a .dxf
But have most major cad packages so can take pretty much any drawing file (including photo of hand drawn sketch).
Sep 17, 2014, 06:47 PM
Team Warpsquad!!!
pm sent
Sep 18, 2014, 03:41 AM
Pm Replied to ;-)
Sep 18, 2014, 07:56 AM
I'm flying like a stone
I'm interested in a 0.75 complet kit. Could you send me prices by private?
Thanks a lot
Sep 18, 2014, 08:10 AM
Multirotor Promotor
spider hex in 8.5 seems interesting
Sep 18, 2014, 09:03 AM
QuAd FaNaTiC
a micro fpv hex would be awesome
Sep 18, 2014, 09:50 AM
@ stone drone - Price for the 0.75mm full set is 21.50

@ RaymondM & Razor - That was exactly what was on my mind ;-)
Sep 18, 2014, 10:31 AM
I would be interested in the 0.75mm full set.
Do you have a system to order them?
Sep 18, 2014, 10:50 AM
QuAd FaNaTiC
I'm interested in ordering a frame as well but I need the alienwii fc and they sell damn fast
Sep 18, 2014, 12:28 PM
Hi razor - for alien wii in the north america you need to speak with Benedikt and see if you can preorder one to be shipped from the US warehouse when they come in.