Oct 17, 2014, 06:19 AM
Bendedikt - I added 4 spare dampers to your frame set, so standard setup is 2 main plates 2 aux plates, 7 dampers and 16 screws.

Yes it is definitely not the lightest frame but it meets my design goals of being strong while creating lots of board space + dampened camera section and an all up flying weight with fpv equipment in the 50-60g mark, which is equivalent to the Hubsan X4 107d (my only other micro quad experience) and other popular micro fpv quads like the Mr Smiley.

I'm not the fastest pilot and don't fly acro yet so speeds and power were not my priorities.
But having said that of course reducing weight is always of benefit so I am working on trimming it down a bit further before the second batch.

Stone drone if your getting 7 mins on the faster motors, i'm quite pleased with that I still have yet to try any of the faster motors out there
to remove ads between posts
Oct 17, 2014, 08:19 AM
I'm flying like a stone
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOSx
Bendedikt - I added 4 spare dampers to your frame set, so standard setup is 2 main plates 2 aux plates, 7 dampers and 16 screws.

Yes it is definitely not the lightest frame but it meets my design goals of being strong while creating lots of board space + dampened camera section and an all up flying weight with fpv equipment in the 50-60g mark, which is equivalent to the Hubsan X4 107d (my only other micro quad experience) and other popular micro fpv quads like the Mr Smiley.

I'm not the fastest pilot and don't fly acro yet so speeds and power were not my priorities.
But having said that of course reducing weight is always of benefit so I am working on trimming it down a bit further before the second batch.

Stone drone if your getting 7 mins on the faster motors, i'm quite pleased with that I still have yet to try any of the faster motors out there
I don't think that this frame is fat, extra dampers are not needed, and maybe a little weight but like hubsan D, and with the extra of carry bigger lipos, you can get a big time flying
My FC is little too, so I have less penalty
Last edited by Stone_Drone; Oct 18, 2014 at 04:22 PM.
Oct 20, 2014, 08:05 AM
I'm flying like a stone
Its time to actualize
Oct 20, 2014, 09:49 AM
Oops! There goes a prop...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone_Drone
Its time to actualize
Stone, how did you make the platform to adapt the bigger BL motors? Very nice idea! I'm keeping my eye on this!
Oct 20, 2014, 12:06 PM
Hi Stone Drone - You must have read my mind as I'm working on a Brushless motor mount version of the frame at the moment.

Which 7500kv motors have you gone for? This way 3inch props can hopefully be looked at.
Looks like you'll have yours flying sooner than mine as I have to wait for electronics to arrive so very interested in your results.

So has anybody else managed to get one of these flying fpv yet?
Oct 20, 2014, 02:40 PM
Team WarpSquad
nice, i'm following with interest what you guys are doing, hope i'll receive mine to try by myself
Oct 20, 2014, 03:40 PM
Quote:
Hi Stone Drone - You must have read my mind as I'm working on a Brushless motor mount version of the frame at the moment.

Which 7500kv motors have you gone for? This way 3inch props can hopefully be looked at.
Looks like you'll have yours flying sooner than mine as I have to wait for electronics to arrive so very interested in your results.

SOSx is your version a completely new frame or are you making a mount to adapt to the current frame ?
Oct 20, 2014, 11:55 PM
Team Warpsquad!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone_Drone
Its time to actualize
Well my ears just perked up a bit! Did you get all the wiring figured out for the motors? And what's the rest of the gear you are going with? I am guessing those are hk a1309 7500kv motors. Which should be plenty powerful for that quad. Also which props are you thinking of going with?
Oct 21, 2014, 06:40 AM
I'm flying like a stone
Quote:
Originally Posted by neighhoma
Stone, how did you make the platform to adapt the bigger BL motors? Very nice idea! I'm keeping my eye on this!
I did it with a piece of PCB And attack with acid the copper, I drill a holes for the auto tapping screws and I used the micro X spare screws to attach the motors.
Oct 21, 2014, 06:47 AM
I'm flying like a stone
Quote:

I went for HK A1309, I saw the threat of BTnewman, he did excellent test motors inside. For the esc's I have gone for MX-3A for HK too, very cheap and factory flashed with BLheli firmware. The FC is MWC nano.
The first fly was very well, but a 0,85mm base frame will be better, I have a little vibrations, I must try to put the ACC frecuezy to 42hz.
By the way, I finished the Benedikt frame, take a look
Oct 21, 2014, 06:49 AM
I'm flying like a stone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Btnewman
Well my ears just perked up a bit! Did you get all the wiring figured out for the motors? And what's the rest of the gear you are going with? I am guessing those are hk a1309 7500kv motors. Which should be plenty powerful for that quad. Also which props are you thinking of going with?
The same like Micro X quad, Oversky props
Oct 21, 2014, 07:18 AM
Those look very nice! I think this quad will work well with BL motors.
Oct 21, 2014, 08:27 AM
I'm flying like a stone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Btnewman
Which prop did you recommend?
Oct 21, 2014, 02:17 PM
I'm flying like a stone
Just for saying, I think have all the setup complete
Oct 22, 2014, 11:17 AM
Stone drone - Well done, very impressed with your progress so far
You say you bought MX-3A esc that are pre flashed with BLheli do you have link as I can't seem to find them?

I for testing purposes I have actually just designed a new top deck/main plate 2 with mounting holes for the AD-C5 3700KV motors. Would have to check is the mounting holes are the same as your Turnigy 7500KV unit. I was thinking of trying a 2 cell capable system using the new nano apm FC (soon to be released by Oversky) along with their new esc's and 3 inch props

I think there is actually enough board space to get that all on this 130mm frame along with an RMRC nano fpv setup. That should be pretty punchy I think