Sep 14, 2014, 04:25 PM
Lori, hey, you're home early
Discussion

Stand Out/Favorite Planes of NEAT 2014

There were some pretty cool and unique model present at NEAT this year. For me there were 3 stand outs. In EDF it was the Super Viper flown by Time Flies Hobbies. In out of the box ARF/BNF it was the Flyzone Micro Radiant. In the category of just plain cool was a hybrid quad/jet Guanli Harrier. It had pusher props behind the ordinance and quad motors on the underside. Genuine VTOL.
Last edited by CarreraGTSCS; Sep 14, 2014 at 04:29 PM. Reason: Spelling. I'm exhausted.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 14, 2014, 05:19 PM
Crazy pilot - gone insane...
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarreraGTSCS View Post
There were some pretty cool and unique model present at NEAT this year. For me there were 3 stand outs. In EDF it was the Super Viper flown by Time Flies Hobbies. In out of the box ARF/BNF it was the Flyzone Micro Radiant. In the category of just plain cool was a hybrid quad/jet Guanli Harrier. It had pusher props behind the ordinance and quad motors on the underside. Genuine VTOL.
For me, it was the ESM Dornier. What a model to see fly! It truly looked amazing on the ground and was unique in it's own class.

Chris
Sep 14, 2014, 05:59 PM
Adam's Harrier was really cool. As was the vapor version he did first to test .
Sep 14, 2014, 06:47 PM
That donier lost it's starboard main gear on takeoff friday., flew great then nailed a perfect port side landing bringing it to rest a bit down field but upright and intact. Excellent pilot.
Sep 14, 2014, 07:35 PM
Does anyone have any video of the Dornier flying and/or the landing on friday? I'm the pilot's (Al Mostek Jr) father and would love to see it. Unfortunately I couldn't attend NEAT. The retracts on this plane have given us fits until Century Jets created new ones for us. My understanding from Al Jr is that they worked flawlessly; Kudos to Century Jets. I'll take the blame for the wheel falling off; I should have better checked before he left for NEAT.

Al Sr.
Sep 14, 2014, 09:06 PM
Fast and getting faster!
For me Sergei's scratch built airliner for me was one of the more unique models that I saw!!!
Sep 14, 2014, 09:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FASTALJR View Post
For me Sergei's scratch built airliner for me was one of the more unique models that I saw!!!
I should have mentioned his Aeroflot airliner as best scratchbuilt. If flies so amazingly well and so realistically. Good call.
Sep 15, 2014, 07:18 AM
Live to fly!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FASTALJR View Post
I totally agree - Sergei's TU-134 is amazing. Rare subject, super-scale details, and flies great!!!
Last edited by doc-e; Sep 15, 2014 at 07:23 AM.
Sep 15, 2014, 07:22 AM
Live to fly!
I only saw this Spitfire on the ground, but it's easily the most scale looking Spit I've seen. I wonder if it's a Savex.... Does anyone have any info on it - scratch-built, kit, arf, manufacturer, etc?
Sep 15, 2014, 07:18 PM
!
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc-e View Post
I only saw this Spitfire on the ground, but it's easily the most scale looking Spit I've seen. I wonder if it's a Savex.... Does anyone have any info on it - scratch-built, kit, arf, manufacturer, etc?
Dennis Andreas here! Its a Topflight gold fuel conversion
I did get to fly it a few times thursday an sunday thanks for the nice comment
Sep 15, 2014, 07:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc-e View Post
I totally agree - Sergei's TU-134 is amazing. Rare subject, super-scale details, and flies great!!!
+1 on Sergey's plane. I'm just glad it survived the summer to make it to NEAT

Rob
Last edited by stangrob; Sep 16, 2014 at 09:02 AM. Reason: Fixed Sergey's name.
Sep 16, 2014, 10:53 AM
Sergeys' Tu was superb! Flying and construction, Well deserved award...totally original!
Sep 16, 2014, 11:05 AM
You're killin' me Smalls
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangrob View Post
+1 on Sergey's plane. I'm just glad it survived the summer to make it to NEAT

Rob
That's one thing I love about it, it's not a hangar queen, he takes that plane out and flies it. I think it saw air time at at least 4 events this summer, I saw it fly twice myself. Seeing an airliner that size get hand launched is just a great visual.
Sep 16, 2014, 03:30 PM
I never stopped to ask the guys at Time Flys anything about the Super Viper. Anyone know anything about it? I thought that it was a composite model until I looked at it up close. That thing had the smoothest foam I've ever seen.
Sep 17, 2014, 10:16 PM
Just Plane Crazy
My stand out model was Bill Birkett's kit built PJ260.
More photos in the photo thread.