NEAT 2014 Photo Thread - Page 3 - RC Groups
Sep 18, 2014, 04:45 PM
We got to NEAT on Monday. It was either Monday or Tuesday, when we noticed a guy at Jim and Pam Lloyd's tent, working on a model. The model was only partially framed up, no where near ready to fly.

By Friday, though, Dave Nicholson not only had the model covered and ready to fly, he'd also installed lights in it and he flew it on Saturday!

CD
to remove ads between posts
Sep 18, 2014, 08:44 PM
Just Plane Crazy

Massive Warbird Launch

This year the Massive Warbird Launch had a twist to it. After all the planes were in the air flying for approximately 3 minutes the call to land was called. Three cones were set up in the field and the one plane that could land closest to any of the cones won the match. The prize was the entrance fee all the pilots put in to fly.

This event does not lend itself to still photography and more for video so I combined Friday and Sunday photos in this post.

This will also be my last photo post. Please if more people have photos post them to share with us.

Paul
Last edited by datazman; Sep 18, 2014 at 08:52 PM.
Sep 18, 2014, 10:01 PM

NEAT FAIR 2014 mass warbird launch sunday GOPRO FPV

NEAT FAIR 2014 mass warbird launch sunday GOPRO FPV (5 min 9 sec)
Sep 19, 2014, 08:32 AM
Live to fly!
What a GREAT vid!! Thanks for sharing!!!
Doc
Sep 22, 2014, 10:37 PM
Yep, the guy with the AVRO triplane is a good friend of mine. He took a Pennsylvania free flight kit and scaled it up on a photo copier to about 1/6 scale. He has rebuilt it a couple of times. The latest is mostly carbon fibre for the tail lattice work. His name is Jim Lloyd. Moved to Canada from Birmingham in early 70's. We both live just outside of Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada.