View Poll Results: Was the level of detail in this thread ....?
Perfect. 18 100.00%
a bit too much. 0 0%
not enough. 0 0%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

This thread is privately moderated by Taxus812, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 11, 2020, 12:04 PM
Thread OP

Done!

Humpty dumpy is back together. I installed the motor and electronics this morning. I rechecked balance and it is about where it was before. I also added a black strip to the Right N strut like I did on the other one (and shorted the length of the strip so it is not quite so visible). The propeller should be here sometime Monday. I decided to leave the wheel pants off for now. One of them needs serious work if not replacing.

I had a stuck valve on the motor but not surprised. It sat for two years in a box with broken stuff. I pulled the covers and added the marvel mystery oil to them. I also added some to the cylinder. It will soak for a few days.

I will charge the battery and run the motor. After a tank I will adjust the valves. Hopefully I can fly it soon. I may put skis in it .

Let’s hope my repairs hold (that would suck)
Last edited by Taxus812; Jan 11, 2020 at 02:07 PM.
Jan 11, 2020, 06:13 PM
I purchased an Arrowmaster off a fellow but it doesn't have the prints with it. Putting a Evolution 15cc gas in it but wondering what the up/down thrust is on it. Anyone help?
Jan 11, 2020, 07:21 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardfan369
I purchased an Arrowmaster off a fellow but it doesn't have the prints with it. Putting a Evolution 15cc gas in it but wondering what the up/down thrust is on it. Anyone help?
I can look at my plans for ya. You can purchase the plans from sigmfg.com as well
Jan 12, 2020, 06:57 AM
I would appreciate that; actually it's built but when I checked everything the thrust line was 4 degrees downthrust. This just seems to be excessive.
Jan 12, 2020, 09:09 AM
Thread OP
I pulled out the plans and protractor. I measured 3 down and 3 right. The plans say 2.5 down and and 2.5 right in the margin. It is spot on for my Saito FA115

I hope that helps you out.
Last edited by Taxus812; Jan 12, 2020 at 09:14 AM.
Jan 12, 2020, 09:59 AM
Yes it does and I thank you.
Jan 14, 2020, 10:24 AM
It occurs to me in your rebuild you might want to consider a Smith Miniplane(SIG) cowl. It's just about a perfect fit to the firewall. When I get mine finished I'll post a photo. Really looks nice!

Quick Reply