Circular Wireless 1.2Ghz RHCP Patch Antenna - RC Groups

Circular Wireless 1.2Ghz RHCP Patch Antenna

Improve your Signal and Range with a Patch Antenna

Splash

Compact 1.2Ghz Patch Antenna

Having the right antenna can make or break your FPV experience. There is nothing worse than ranging out only to have your signal quality degrade and ultimately get lost in translation. This new patch antenna from HobbyKing is tuned by hand for max range. It provides 8.6dB of gain with a 90 degree wide beam. The best part is the compact size. At 130x158x28mm its a great size to mount to your ground station and is designed to attach directly to a tripod. Combine it with an antenna tracking system or a diversity receiver for best results.

Learn more about the Circular Wireless 1.2Ghz RHCP Patch Antenna at HobbyKing.

Specs:

• Type: Patch Antenna
  • Gain: 8.6dBi
  • Freq: 1200-1330MHz
  • Style: Right hand circular polarization
  • Connection: SMA female connector straight
  • Weight: 120 grams
  • Dimensions: 130x158x28 mm

Sep 09, 2014, 11:11 AM
RCGroups Editor
I saw these at the RMRC FPV Fest and they are beauty's!
Sep 11, 2014, 10:46 AM
Digging it. Very nice!
Oct 02, 2014, 01:52 AM
can you use multiple different types of antennas at the same time to get better signals or do you have to have software that switches between antennas based on signal strength?
Oct 02, 2014, 03:04 AM
I have one of these, its a shame considering the price that it didn't come with a proper mount for attaching to a tripod, an excellent antenna but way overpriced..
Oct 07, 2014, 07:05 AM
Cowboy up...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jam6618
can you use multiple different types of antennas at the same time to get better signals or do you have to have software that switches between antennas based on signal strength?
Jam,
You need a diversity receiver if you want to use multiple antennas. It will switch between the best signal, to give you the best picture.
Oct 28, 2014, 06:45 PM
This antenna is designed and manufactured in Spain, for a great companion on FPV "Sircana" http://www.circular-wireless.com. I must say that since it manufactures and markets its antennas across our country there has been a before and after as far as trasmision video is concerned, we are all delighted with their quality and performance, I write here because I think it is deserved is known provenance, Greetings to all and good flights.
Oct 28, 2014, 09:42 PM
USA: LakeGeorge, New York
Is there a 1/4" screw behind Patch Antenna to mount to a Univeral TriPod?
Nov 02, 2014, 09:14 PM
UNPLUG!
This antenna mounts directly to a tripod with no additional equipment. Just wanted to clear that up as some posted above seemed to think that it didn't.
Nov 03, 2014, 11:43 PM
It's a job...
Really looking forward to trying this out. Just arrived today. Very well made. Optimistic about results.
Nov 08, 2014, 06:38 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
I'm debating between one of these or an IBC Crosshair CP antenna. This one looks much smaller and more transportable. I'm curious of the distance claims though. I'd be using with a 1000mW 1280 VTx so perhaps range won't be an issue. I look forward to some test results.
Nov 18, 2014, 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 747Pilot
Really looking forward to trying this out. Just arrived today. Very well made. Optimistic about results.

Did you try it? Any updates?
Nov 18, 2014, 03:56 PM
It's a job...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmed_A
Did you try it? Any updates?
I did but I was at a fly in. Was getting swamped a little by guys also on 1280/58 but the main thing that stopped me was my phantom and Storm were not behaving. So in a nutshell , no. Haven't been really able to "test" it out. Now it's freezing here