Aug 22, 2019, 05:03 AM
Impressive, keep it up. Mount Fuji pictures is incredible!
to remove ads between posts
Aug 22, 2019, 10:36 PM
Thread OP
Here are some Photos of the body shell test fitted to the internal frame, it needs a few more minor adjustment but it's coming along nicely. It's heavier than fiberglass version but i think i can make it work.

Fred M.
Aug 22, 2019, 10:56 PM
Very, very Nice !
Aug 23, 2019, 01:05 AM
DIY Mania from Taiwan
totally awesome
Sam
Aug 23, 2019, 07:06 AM
loving it more and more great work
Sep 06, 2019, 09:54 PM
Thread OP
Thanks
Here's a short video i made on You tube.

Marcialtech 4th Gen. Ornithopter Build update Sept. 2019 (4 min 17 sec)

Fred M
Sep 06, 2019, 10:19 PM
Wildlife Artist / RC Designer
Very nice work Fred! Can't wait to find out how that tail works in flight. You did a brilliant job executing almost exactly what was in my mind's eye. Just wonderful.
Sep 09, 2019, 09:03 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaVinciBrainchld
Very nice work Fred! Can't wait to find out how that tail works in flight. You did a brilliant job executing almost exactly what was in my mind's eye. Just wonderful.
Thanks,
The tail had an additional side to side articulation using a 3rd servo but i had to removed it to cut weight, it's not that important anyway. I may add it in future design once i find better ways to lighten up the overall weight of the bird.

Fred M.
Sep 11, 2019, 07:33 PM
woah legendary work. the tail fanning looks very compromising, and will probably allow the bird to speed up or have stronger control. stunning work, am curious how the wings are gonna be.

and the gearbox is superstrong and durable. what weight is one of the bigger gears?
Sep 11, 2019, 11:12 PM
DIY Mania from Taiwan
this is awesome!
Sam
Sep 12, 2019, 11:59 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantiel
woah legendary work. the tail fanning looks very compromising, and will probably allow the bird to speed up or have stronger control. stunning work, am curious how the wings are gonna be.

and the gearbox is superstrong and durable. what weight is one of the bigger gears?
The large Main gear is 18 grams each.
Sep 13, 2019, 04:31 PM
how did you know already where to place CG by battery and other weight part in your model ? by similar shape from previous model? i reread again the specs.. 3 hz is slow and means huge wings! it is going to fly very majestic
Sep 14, 2019, 10:25 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantiel
how did you know already where to place CG by battery and other weight part in your model ? by similar shape from previous model? i reread again the specs.. 3 hz is slow and means huge wings! it is going to fly very majestic
The 4th Gen. version has an adjustable battery tray.
Slide forward towards the head for smaller battery, slide back for larger heavier battery.
Plenty of room for different size battery. 1200mah to 3000mah 4 cell or with 5 cell and 6 cell battery for faster flapping.
4000mah also fit as 2x 2000mah 4 cell inline , the bottom half is on a slight angle towards the belly under neat the front of gearbox.

Fred M.
Sep 14, 2019, 07:35 PM
that is clever design, really nice to see those details of great engineering

18g for gear is not heavy, and i see now how pinion wire is so effective in combination with broad gear because it can attack wholly and there will be close to zero wearing out? only a bit more friction maybe. won't gears melt with very high RPM? he.

very interesting & exciting !

Quick Reply