Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Sep 04, 2014, 08:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxhillag1 View Post
The flybeam flies great !! However it is not floaty like a cub. It is quite sporty and flies more like a sport plane. The construction was very simple and the lighting excellent. I believe I had to add a touch of lead in the nose for the proper CG. I also added two HK 12 lamp white LED discs under the wings for landing on a separate switch so they can be turned on or off in flight. Rob if you would like to fly it just stop by and we'll give her a ride. We will be at the show on Tuesday PM and have the "Connecticut Custom Car" dually truck at the flightline..
Thanks for the offer - at the very least I'd like to check her out. While I like to build my own night flyers, I'm always looking for new ideas

BTW is it built up from balsa or foam? Looks kinda like balsa from the pics I've seen.

Rob
to remove ads between posts
Sep 04, 2014, 12:07 PM
AMA 415
It is foam, but the way that they molded the LED pocket makes it look really nice. I was surprised at how "sturdy" it felt when I was checking it out!
Sep 04, 2014, 02:49 PM
My puppy ate my AcroMaster NightFlyer project

last night:

This morning:

I love how she finished it off by putting her toy on top of it.
Last edited by Alan W; Sep 04, 2014 at 03:02 PM.
Sep 04, 2014, 03:19 PM
Ouch. Those are the times when you want to get mad at your dog, but then instead take a deep breath and think - I probably shouldn't have left it where she could get at it, or something like that.

Is it just the wing panel? I know it's too late for NEAT but Multiplex does sell the parts separately.

Rob
Sep 04, 2014, 08:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangrob View Post
.. or something like that.

Is it just the wing panel?
Yeah .. something like - I shouldn't have left it in the room I did BUT I did shut the door. Someone else (CoughWifeCough) went in the next morning and didnt shut it properly ..

.. just so happens the hobbyshop got in a pristine AM kit on consignment last week (which I walked away from..) it is, of course, now in my possession

This all happened a few days ago .. I just haven't been motivated
Sep 05, 2014, 07:26 AM
MK
MK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan W View Post
Someone else (CoughWifeCough) went in the next morning and didnt shut it properly ..
Wow, that sounds like a pass for "I can now get anything I want" shopping spree.
Sep 05, 2014, 01:09 PM

light up the sonic liner alan

Alan, I know you want to light up the sonic, like a glowing flying winged spermatozoa, I think this is a thing you must do, unless of course you no longer have The Sonic
Sep 05, 2014, 01:20 PM
You're killin' me Smalls
Quote:
Originally Posted by MK View Post
Wow, that sounds like a pass for "I can now get anything I want" shopping spree.
yeah that's definitely grounds to bring home a couple more than you went to NEAT with.
Sep 05, 2014, 03:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgoffa View Post
.. unless of course you no longer have The Sonic
Blasphomy !! I will be buried with the Sonic
Old Sep 08, 2014, 06:08 PM View Post
bestuavdrones24
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Off Topic Advertisement. It is temporarily hidden while bestuavdrones24 edits it. Show it to me anyway.
Sep 09, 2014, 01:25 PM
^^ Well, it seems Sir SpamAlot has joined the nightlfy fray