Sep 07, 2014, 01:22 PM
Still fighting gravity
Do you do Facebook?? Team USA F3F posted an update but no scores yet.... said the wind wasn't all that today tho.... so far anyway....
to remove ads between posts
Sep 07, 2014, 04:06 PM
Team USA F3F Member
Hey All,

No results for today, as Sunday was just a model check in day, and opening ceremonies in the evening.

We did go up the hill to attempt to get in some practice flights, but the wind wasn't cooperating, and we each got in only a flight or two. And just thermaling to stay up isn't much practice for the racing...

Opening ceremonies went well. I got a lot of video, but haven't had a chance to do anything with it yet.

I don't believe there will be any live streaming of any rounds, as the officials did not mention anything about it, and it would be rather difficult from atop this mountain.

We will let everyone know links to results as soon as we know them. Hopefully, we will actually get some results tomorrow, as the forecast doesn't look so good. The rain isn't supposed to come till later in the week, and its supposed to bring a fair amount of wind too.

I start 5th in the first round, which is not so lucky of a draw, but at this point we have no idea if that will be good or bad. The wind doesn't really behave like normal slopes and slowly get better as the day goes on. It could be good, then die off...at least that is what I hope...

Thanks for everyone's support, and we're ready to get this show going!!!
Sep 07, 2014, 04:47 PM
Detail Freak
Just step up, be ready, and fly it like you're mad at it, Tim!
You'll do fine. Stay out of your own head, I'm speaking from experience. You likely won't have that issue though.
Good luck to "our boys"!
R,
Target
Sep 07, 2014, 04:56 PM
I'm your huckleberry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebulas
Do you do Facebook?? Team USA F3F posted an update but no scores yet.... said the wind wasn't all that today tho.... so far anyway....
yeah, I should have look there first.

Thanks,

Bob
Sep 07, 2014, 04:58 PM
Detail Freak
They have not yet raced a day (in the WC), so far as I can tell, Bob.

R,
Target
Sep 07, 2014, 05:30 PM
MCS / NCSS / SVSS / LSC / SAM
Quote:
Originally Posted by target
Just step up, be ready, and fly it like you're mad at it, Tim!
You'll do fine. Stay out of your own head, I'm speaking from experience. You likely won't have that issue though.
Good luck to "our boys"!
R,
Target
You're advice is my new personal motto Target: "Just step up, be ready, and fly it like you're mad at it! Stay out of your own head!"

I like it!

Have fun gentlemen! Good luck!

Dave
Sep 07, 2014, 06:32 PM
Detail Freak
That definitely is good advice. In 2008, I was so wigged out the first couple of days (but five fights in <3M/S doesn't help!), a good friend finally told me, "Dude! What are you doing, just fly the way you always fly, you'll do fine."
And I took a deep breath and did just that, and it WAS fine....

I know that they will do the best with the air they are presented.

R,
Target
Sep 07, 2014, 06:41 PM
Go Team USA!!!!
Sep 07, 2014, 07:09 PM
Detail Freak
SS-TT-WD!
Go gents!
Sep 07, 2014, 07:38 PM
What T said. The first race I did Tim Neja was standing next to me and calmed me down. Man what an adrenaline rush (for me anyway). Afterwards he said "Jime, are you okay?" and pointed at my hands. I looked down and my hands were shaking. I was pumped.

Good luck you, just have fun, fly and represent.

Jim
Sep 08, 2014, 03:39 AM
Pierre, Get that PRECISON moving !! Go get them !! Go the pikes.
Sep 08, 2014, 08:08 AM
Team USA F3F Member
Unfortunately, no flights today.

The wind wasn't cooperative, so we hung out at the top of the mountain for about 5 hours and then decided to call it quits...

Bummer...
Sep 08, 2014, 08:51 AM
Certifiable User
Subbed

Good luck you guys. I hope some real weather comes thru!
Sep 08, 2014, 09:33 AM
Detail Freak
Time to drink beer and eat "back of goat"....
R,
Target
Sep 08, 2014, 10:23 AM
Team USA F3F Member
Target...

Had some Corny Bigs on the mountain for ya...

Ended up going into Bansk Bystricka to the mall and found ourselves a cheap tent to take cover from the rain that is coming in the next few days...

The good thing about that, is that there is supposed to be some wind that comes with that rain...

t

Quick Reply