Vendor site map - RC Groups
Aug 31, 2014, 02:41 PM
Head NEAT geek
Alert

Vendor site map

Ok Guys

here is the vendor site map as I know it on Aug 31st.

Please also note that the flying area to the left is now properly called the SLOW FLYER AREA. There is NO park flyer area. Park flyers must fly from the heavy iron area. Not shown on the map, to the far right is the heli/multi-rotor area.

Pond flying is limited to models less than 32 ounces RTF and no more than 60MPH and 2.4gig only from 9AM to 5PM

Thanks

Tom
Last edited by Tom Hunt; Aug 31, 2014 at 02:50 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 31, 2014, 03:31 PM
Do you have a weight limit for the the slow flier area Tom? Or do we base it on your "keep it in a baseball infield" rule of thumb?

Where would you put micro jets like the little Habu?
Sep 01, 2014, 07:19 AM
Head NEAT geek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petefoss
Do you have a weight limit for the the slow flier area Tom? Or do we base it on your "keep it in a baseball infield" rule of thumb?

Where would you put micro jets like the little Habu?
No, no real weight limit, just as long as it can be flown slow and within the infield of a major league baseball diamond.

though a bit fast, I would probably prefer the micro jets in the slow flyer area and also keep them from traversing to far away.
Sep 01, 2014, 07:40 AM
Works for me Tom. See you in a week or so!
Sep 01, 2014, 07:46 AM
AMA 415
I'd suggest there be a clear definition of what can or can't fly in the slow fly area as this will cause issues during the event. With all the mid-size planes now on the main flighline and still only 6 pilot stations I envision longer wait times so pilots will try to use the slow fly area with larger planes to get a chance to fly.

I could just about keep my giant-scale in a baseball infield area so understanding the intent of the rule would help.
Sep 01, 2014, 11:18 AM
Head NEAT geek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawn Craft
so pilots will try to use the slow fly area with larger planes to get a chance to fly..
no they won't, my flightline safety officers won't let them.

Quote:
I could just about keep my giant-scale in a baseball infield area so understanding the intent of the rule would help.
What giant scale model do you have that can stay within the infield of a major league baseball diamond?
Sep 01, 2014, 12:24 PM
AMA 1242
Send em down while i am there tom i will set em stright!
Sep 01, 2014, 05:49 PM
AMA 504253 Born in the USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyhank
Send em down while i am there tom i will set em stright!
Yeah you go get em, Howard. I think Dale would be more effective though. LOL
Sep 01, 2014, 06:31 PM
Hmm, that's where Micki and I'll be working.

You think Micki, a former grade school teacher, will be able to keep them straight? Remember, she still has her whistle AND her "teacher voice". All I have is a measly sergeant's voice!

CD
Sep 02, 2014, 06:16 AM
AMA 415
My question still hasn't been answered; what criteria are your safety officers going to be using to determine what can fly there and what can't?
Sep 02, 2014, 06:28 AM
Head NEAT geek
Quote:
My question still hasn't been answered; what criteria are your safety officers going to be using to determine what can fly there and what can't?
I repeat.......

just as long as it can be flown slow and within the infield of a major league baseball diamond.

how much more "definition" is required? You have about 1 week left... bring the model out to your favorite local ball field (if you're allowed to!) and practice! if you cannot take-off, land and never leave the infield while flying.... then it (and you with that model) does not fly in the SLOW FLYER area.

I will have "visual" aids for the safety officers to make sure that "footprint" is not transgressed!
Last edited by Tom Hunt; Sep 02, 2014 at 02:53 PM.