Feb 13, 2015, 02:05 PM
bob,
they have the price at 382.50 euros and shipping 19.95 euros. I questioned them on the shipping and they said it was correct. I don't know how it is coming.
tom
to remove ads between posts
Feb 13, 2015, 02:38 PM
Hawk Fanatic
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom bacsanyi
bob,
they have the price at 382.50 euros and shipping 19.95 euros. I questioned them on the shipping and they said it was correct. I don't know how it is coming.
tom
They must of raised the price. Because its now $466.66 Euros plus $19.95 euros shipping.
Feb 13, 2015, 02:49 PM
I ordered on 12 -31-2014 and the euro/dollar rate has been changing which might have something to do with it.
Feb 13, 2015, 04:31 PM
Some sites show with 20% VAT which will drop off once your address is entered. $20 euro shipping took about 7 days to Cincinnati. Same time as when I paid $40 euro for express shipping for the smaller bd5
Feb 13, 2015, 04:42 PM
Hawk Fanatic
Quote:
Originally Posted by carl rich
Some sites show with 20% VAT which will drop off once your address is entered. $20 euro shipping took about 7 days to Cincinnati. Same time as when I paid $40 euro for express shipping for the smaller bd5
That was after the 20%
Feb 13, 2015, 09:12 PM
Euro dropped against the dollar, it has also dropped against the Asian currencies. Hence the price rise I'm sure...
Feb 15, 2015, 11:00 AM
2020 EDF Jet Jam
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom bacsanyi
bob,
tom
Tom thanks for the info. Please join us at the Jet Jam in May. It would awesome to see another example of this model at the event.
Mar 03, 2015, 05:52 PM

The L-39 arrived today!

I cant believe it went from Vietnam to Austria to Farmington hills. The box looked like it was just packed and there was no damage.

I'm in uncharted waters because I am used to bargain arf's and this is a real piece of work! The fuse looks like fibreglass but is a complex wood structure planked with balsa and is very light. Definitely worth the money!

I Immediately started on the most important task which was to complete the lions head I included a pic from this thread of a full scale and the before and after of my vertical stabilizer.
Mar 03, 2015, 08:05 PM
Tom, that looks awesome. Did you have someone send you cut vinyl to complete lion head? I'd like to dduplicate.
Mar 03, 2015, 09:51 PM

Lion

Hi, Carl
I cropped the full scale pic down to just the fin then I printed it several times till I got the scale to match the pattern. I then cut out the shapes and used them as patterns to cut out the white applique. Then it takes a little artistic bent to locate the pieces. With an image like this, a little accuracy problem will go un noticed. The pic shows the print out on the left and the cut out patterns on the right. I now need to flip them over to do the other side.
Mar 04, 2015, 10:45 AM

Hi Tom !

very nice, looking forward to seeing it this summer

-DG
Mar 04, 2015, 11:21 AM
Dave,
and I am looking forward to seeing your big me 262 this summer. I will be able to get out to do more flying this year and as yet haven't seen it.
May 04, 2015, 08:09 AM

L-39 maiden

I got a flight on saturday and another on sunday. I am running a lot of power because I fly off grass and it is really dense this time of year. the motor is a het 700-75-1250 running 4 ea 6s 2650 in series parallel for 12s 5300. The esc is a YEP HV 180 and full throttle is over 130 amps. The active freewheeling is a must because full throttle is used very little and the esc runs cool and efficiently at part throttle sitting just above the wheel wells. The fan is a wemo 90mm evo (11 blade). The fan housing is much modified with a finned aluminum center body.

My flying skills are not legendary but this plane is a joy to fly. My first landing got applause which is rare around here

Some pix, note the grass and the position/landing are on.
May 04, 2015, 10:50 AM

Metal centerbody on midi evo.

I have made metal finned centerbody fans in the past which works well but a lot of work! On my flyfly mirage I tried a new scheme that used standard finned 700 size heat sinks from het that were linked together with an aluminum channel and epoxied with JB weld epoxy while on the motor. That makes a precise fit and is heat conductive and heat resistant. Thermal compound is used and the motor can be easily removed. the mirage has a lot of flights with no problems using a midi evo rotor.
The midi housing on the L-39 had the plastic centerbody removed and brought to a size that matched the root diameter of the fins . five fins were removed to make room for the stators. With the rotor mounted to the motor , the assembly was epoxied with JB weld with the rotor held on center by placing 3 thicknesses of card stock between the blade tips and the housing.
May 04, 2015, 05:56 PM
The best in EDF since 2005
Nice work there Tom but I think it would be easier to just use one of my CNC alloy housings They were made to replace the wemo housings originally anyway!
Latest blog entry: Extreme RC AUSTRALIA

Quick Reply