Radiolink AT9 (AT10) - RC Groups
Aug 30, 2014, 06:26 PM
Richter
Discussion

Radiolink AT9 (AT10)

I was looking for a tx in the 100-140$ range and stumbled upon this one. (119$ shippted with rx)

http://www.radiolink.com.cn/docc/product-detail-89.html

Has anybody any information about these. In my opinion it looks really good. How are the gymbals. Can it be linked with any more well known brand of rx?

Any information is welcome. Thanks

/Jens
to remove ads between posts
Aug 30, 2014, 06:34 PM
RC Warjet
Only works with Radiolink receivers, try finding those available somewhere and not way overpriced. Also good luck getting any kind of service if something is wrong with it. Why not try this: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...t_module_.html

or good used Futaba or JR module transmitter and buy a module from any one of about 8 or 10 manufacturers.
Aug 31, 2014, 12:20 AM
flyin' fool
A few locals have been using RadioLink systems for a few years now with no problems. RXs are easy to find and inexpensive.
Aug 31, 2014, 11:00 AM
Suspended Account
it looks good. they have improved hardware quality over the AT10

Aug 31, 2014, 06:04 PM
Richter
Ok, so I have found som information about this one. Apparently it is brand new. In fact it is so new that it haven't gone in "real" production yet.

They presented it in exhibit just a while ago and there allegedly 100 pre-production samples made. User have complained about things like bad case fitting, Some of the pots do not use the entire range in voltage. Crooked display etc. Basically small issues that the manufacturer is now trying to improve.
I read that it is planned to go into large volume production by 10 Sept (2014).

If that is true I will probably get one of these transmitters but not right now. There are a few sites already selling these. If they still are fixing things, that must mean that the available transmitters might have issues.
Better wait a month or two before ordering.

/Jens
Aug 31, 2014, 09:00 PM
Suspended Account
there are plenty of transmitters on the market.
why do you want this one ? color touch screen, price ?
Sep 01, 2014, 04:01 AM
Richter
Quote:
Originally Posted by solimon
there are plenty of transmitters on the market.
why do you want this one ? color touch screen, price ?
That is a valid question.

I was looking for an affordable transmitter with at least 6 channels. Initially I was looking at the orangerx t-six. This one is still in my list but the colour is a bit off putting. It is available in gray as well under other brands but then I don't get the 3-way switch that I want.

I also looked at the Turnigy 9X which seems to be good value. But since I saw that some of the menus in plane mode uses heli vocabulary and also the trainer switch is backwards that one isn't really interesting.

There is also Turnigy 9XR. Again good value but the looks are way too maxed out. (superficial I know)

Walkera Devo 7 was really interesting until I saw a demonstration of the menu system. How on earth could walkera make the decision to use such a system.

Moving on the Devo 10. This one is still one of my top picks. Especially when considering the deviationx mod. It is slightly pricier compared to the Radiolink AT9 but it isn't such a big difference.

The AT9 is interesting because of the price/performance. It seems to have a good menu system (probably ripped from futaba). Looks pleases me and the AT10 that it is derived from seems to be a really high quality radio.
Touch screen means nothing to me. Colour screen is nice but not necessary. Telemetri, also nice to have.
I comes down to the reports from the first users.

So right now it is AT9, Devo 10 or Orangerx (if I can look pass the orange colour)

Btw here in Sweden a used Futaba, JR, etc. are still twice the price of the mentioned tx.
Sep 01, 2014, 08:56 PM
Suspended Account
the AT10 is a clone of the Futaba 10C, the manual is a copy paste and software is pretty similar.
http://cnrcgroups.com/article-2939-3.html

I have an old 10C for the simulator and its hardware is not worth 600$ that I paid for it
the AT10 hardware is abolutely not high quality, it's just chinese quality.
it's probably high quality for you something that for me is crap.

Last edited by solimon; Sep 01, 2014 at 09:03 PM.
Sep 02, 2014, 04:48 AM
Richter
Quote:
Originally Posted by solimon
the AT10 is a clone of the Futaba 10C, the manual is a copy paste and software is pretty similar.
http://cnrcgroups.com/article-2939-3.html

I have an old 10C for the simulator and its hardware is not worth 600$ that I paid for it
the AT10 hardware is abolutely not high quality, it's just chinese quality.
it's probably high quality for you something that for me is crap.

Not sure were you are going with this. You write that the 10C is not worth 600$ and I totally agree hence why I'm looking at other brands.
Futaba manufacture their transmitters in China. By definition that means it is Chinese quality. To me "chinese quality" means nothing. Like any other country, both high and low quality products are made there.

I have never held an AT10 in my hands so I can't speak of it's quality.

I am very interested in the all new AT9 because if the quality matches the specs, then that transmitter is a fantastic deal.
Sep 02, 2014, 05:32 AM
Funny, the first thing when I saw the switch "numbering" font I thought "Futaba"

The thing with LCDs is visibility in sunlight, because most of the ppl fly when the sun is shining....
Sep 02, 2014, 03:50 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by jensrichter

You write that the 10C is not worth 600$
Futaba manufacture their transmitters in China.
By definition that means it is Chinese quality.
To me "chinese quality" means nothing.
Like any other country, both high and low quality products are made there.
the factory cost of a 10C is under 100$ the rest is for marketing
just because it's made by Futaba doesn't mean the hardware is HQ
they also can make HQ radios like JETI but they prefer plastic and get huge profit margins

almost everything is made in china. but chinese companies like RadioLink don't test correctly their products and QC means nothing for them.
Taiwan is another story....
Oct 12, 2014, 10:48 PM
this radio is very beautifull, love the design
Oct 13, 2014, 09:14 AM
Grunt/Scout
Quote:
Originally Posted by jensrichter
That is a valid question.

I was looking for an affordable transmitter with at least 6 channels. Initially I was looking at the orangerx t-six. This one is still in my list but the colour is a bit off putting. It is available in gray as well under other brands but then I don't get the 3-way switch that I want.

I also looked at the Turnigy 9X which seems to be good value. But since I saw that some of the menus in plane mode uses heli vocabulary and also the trainer switch is backwards that one isn't really interesting.

There is also Turnigy 9XR. Again good value but the looks are way too maxed out. (superficial I know)

Walkera Devo 7 was really interesting until I saw a demonstration of the menu system. How on earth could walkera make the decision to use such a system.

Moving on the Devo 10. This one is still one of my top picks. Especially when considering the deviationx mod. It is slightly pricier compared to the Radiolink AT9 but it isn't such a big difference.

The AT9 is interesting because of the price/performance. It seems to have a good menu system (probably ripped from futaba). Looks pleases me and the AT10 that it is derived from seems to be a really high quality radio.
Touch screen means nothing to me. Colour screen is nice but not necessary. Telemetri, also nice to have.
I comes down to the reports from the first users.

So right now it is AT9, Devo 10 or Orangerx (if I can look pass the orange colour)

Btw here in Sweden a used Futaba, JR, etc. are still twice the price of the mentioned tx.
Hi Jens, I currently have the same dilemma and have trouble deciding between
RL AT9 and Devo 10.
Did you manage to decide which to buy yet? and if so do you have the verdict of the one you chose I would like it as easy to setup as possible and will be using it mainly for my Quadcopers
Last edited by ToKon71; Oct 13, 2014 at 09:32 AM.
Oct 14, 2014, 10:14 PM
Should Know Better But Doesn't
I have an RL RC3S for one of my buggies - cheap, works well, feature-packed. But being cheap, the build quality and overall "feel" was a bit low. Perfectly acceptable for ground use though.

I went from a Turnigy 9X (which I thought was fantastic, coming from an old 72Mhz Sanwa RD6000), then to a Devo10 (which feels better again compared to the 9X - with the exception of the rotary pots which are sloppy), and have just picked up a FrSky Taranis (unboxing tonight! ).

Both the 9X and Devo10 are great choices, but the Devo has the upper hand with better build, optional Deviation software and a plethora of cheap, good receivers.
Dec 29, 2014, 06:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warjet1950
Only works with Radiolink receivers, try finding those available somewhere and not way overpriced. Also good luck getting any kind of service if something is wrong with it. Why not try this: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...t_module_.html

or good used Futaba or JR module transmitter and buy a module from any one of about 8 or 10 manufacturers.
That Radio (9XR PRO) without module and receiver is overpriced.