This thread is privately moderated by Parkflying, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Aug 28, 2014, 04:05 AM
Thread OP
New Product

FreeX SkyView - General Discussion

Starting a new Thread for the open and free discussion of the FreeX SkyView Quadcopter

Max
www.parkrcmodels.com
Last edited by Parkflying; Sep 03, 2014 at 08:13 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 28, 2014, 05:19 AM
My, mistake :-)
Good luck on this
Last edited by dazed; Aug 28, 2014 at 07:48 AM.
Aug 28, 2014, 06:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazed
Please use search before posting, there's already a thread on this quad.
He knows that he's a vendor for this quad! Read the last few pages of old thread an u will understand why he started a new one.
Aug 28, 2014, 02:20 PM
Good I hope we can keep if civil. I truly just want to help and learn from this group.
Aug 28, 2014, 02:26 PM
good luck I tried it only took 1 hr to go wrong way
Aug 28, 2014, 02:47 PM
Thats all right, you did your best...I'm in the slow process of closing 120 online forum I started about ten years ago....Think those ten years took twenty years of my life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre LaFrambois
good luck I tried it only took 1 hr to go wrong way
Aug 28, 2014, 03:03 PM

I own one and love flying it!

Hi everyone. Yes I own a SkyView that I bought from Ali and it has flown well from the start. Issues I've had: Gimbal vibration...fixed with loctite. Drifting...fixed with throttle forward and to the left leveling correction. Gimbal upgrade..have but not installed yet. Flying performance...still having fun. Other problems...none so far.

Here's a video I shot using the stock gimbal and the SJ4000 camera.
Boynton Inlet (4 min 45 sec)

I hope "we" can keep this forum helpful and informative so all us SkyView flyers can enjoy flying and filming with this very affordable machine.

Happy flying everyone!
Aug 28, 2014, 03:05 PM
I am an actual owner as well happy with my purchase.
Aug 28, 2014, 03:53 PM
Thread OP

USA Authorized Distributor and Service Center

The only USA Factory Authorized Dealer and Service Center
( factory website listing of Distributors here )

USA English Speaking Support from Experts on the FreeX Quad

Well Stocked FreeX Parts in our USA Warehouse with free shipping on orders over $20

Revised, Updated and Correct User Manual

Custom Park RC Models CD

Upgraded E3 1.5amp charger that won't burn up your batteries like stock charger

Field Voltage Checker included at no additional cost

TWO (2) Flight Batteries
(Upgraded Charger,voltage checker and extra battery is a real $60+ value)

Completely Setup, Bench Tested,Certified and Video of the Test Flight

30 day Postage Paid Factory Defect Protection from a USA Distributor
(no mailing parts back to China and waiting weeks for replacement, If they send it)

Upgraded shipping from Parcel Post to US Postal Insured Priority Mail
(get it in a couple of days, not weeks- Shipped from our Michigan, USA Warehouse)

Review our Complete FreeX Listing Here
Last edited by Parkflying; Jul 10, 2015 at 02:25 AM.
Aug 28, 2014, 04:11 PM
Thread OP

Chinese Dealers selling into the USA

<soap box on>
the following is a copy of a post I made on another forum for your review:

On a product like the FreeX SkyView, dealers in China have literally no or very little ship fees to get the product into their warehouse - then many have the USA customer pay the shipping into the USA. Further, International Postal Mail forbids shipment of Lipos of any size - China customs will often turn back the shipment if they contain Lipos - These cost about $54 via EMS shipped without battery into the USA - Via DHL about $60 each with the battery inside the FreeX Battery Compartment.
If a USA buyer pays any more than these costs they are being overcharged. So International dealers can sell at lower pricing OR maintain a MAP Pricing and make a much higher profit than their USA counterparts.
Granted we will bring in Product by Ocean Container - however, as a smaller dealer, we have to budget for the costs AND coordinate between many factories to have product produced and delivered to our China Broker Warehouse all at the same time to avoid Warehouse fees in China - our last 40 foot container was 1/3 empty because the LX factory held us up 2 months for our order and then refused to cover the costs after they promised to - I lost over $4000 on that deal AND then had to pay for another 20 foot container to bring in the late shipments from them
Further, Chinese Dealers know that few USA buyers will return bad product. USA Dealers can only compete by offering better service and doing customer related support that is up and above International Dealers.
Most of us all pay about the same factory costs for products unless you are huge like NP or HP or Banana etc and by a thousand or more of each item.
USA dealers have costs that International Dealers just don't have
I talked about this in my blog here on RCG if you are interested:
Park RC Models Blog
</soap box off>
Max
www.parkrcmodels.com
Last edited by Parkflying; Aug 28, 2014 at 05:49 PM.
Aug 28, 2014, 04:14 PM
Thread OP

You are wrong

The response to the RTF FreeX SkyView has been more brisk then we anticipated - we are working hard to catch up
Max
Last edited by Parkflying; Aug 28, 2014 at 09:26 PM.
Aug 28, 2014, 04:24 PM
Thread OP

Fast Test of Gimbal and GoPro3

During our Annual "Top Gun" Event and Contest, today, I had the field to myself for a minute between flights for the contest. I thought it would be a good opportunity for me to get in a test of the Gimbal and my new GoPro 3. Everything setup with the out of the box default settings on the FreeX, Gimbal and GoPro. With the newer Style Gimbal, the Camera bottom sits lower to the ground at only about an inch or so off the ground, between the landing gear legs

Fast Test of FreeX SkyView with Gimbal & GoPro3 (1 min 42 sec)

Max
www.parkrcmodels.com
Last edited by Parkflying; Aug 28, 2014 at 05:50 PM.
Aug 28, 2014, 04:26 PM
I tried to register my FreeX It says put in the # on your card. I did and it says invalid # my number on my card is N0. 004032 the number on the tx and the freex is N0.001093.Something seem wrong here. Any help from any one.
Aug 28, 2014, 04:27 PM
Thread OP

Here is a much longer video I did today

Quote:
Originally Posted by RumbleQuad
Thanks for sharing the video.

It seems that Youtube stabilization is added as well. If so.... could you please share the raw video ? I have nothing against software stabilization but I prefer to avoid it as is very difficult to achieve it without loosing some video quality.
Here is a much longer video I did today that is unedited, raw footage (except for titles) and without any youtube stabilization. I am very happy with the Gimbal and the GoPro3 Combo. Obviously the video resolution on the raw video file from the GoPro3 is much better then is rendered in YouTube. The Actual MP4 file is over 425 MB

Another Flight Test of FreeX SkyView with Gimbal & GoPro3 (4 min 44 sec)
Aug 28, 2014, 04:29 PM
Thread OP

Thank you for asking

Quote:
Originally Posted by C3idotnet
ParkRC, so we seem to know about service from XAircraft, or lack of I guess. I still haven't heard from drew regarding my faulty charger besides all the other issues. I guess you can be an optimist for only so long. How is your customer service?
Thank you for asking!
Almost impossible to answer without coming off sounding self serving -
We are full sponsors here at RCGroups and a member since 2008. We have an actual warehouse in Auburn Hills, Michigan USA; almost everything listed on our website is in stock ready to ship (except factory built custom jets and items marked out of stock with arrival date)
Do a search on RC Groups and other forums about us. Our customer comments will speak for us. We work to hard to get a new customer and we do everything possible to keep our buyers coming back. I do not think there is a vendor on RCGroups that has better customer service then we do. Our policy is simple and direct : we immediately replace any factory defective item from our standing stock in our warehouse. We try to treat our customers and buyers exactly as we would like to be treated, especially if we have issue with a product.
On the subject of helicopters; we bench test, setup and video tape a test flight of most every RTF or BNF helicopter we sell, regardless if it is an Align, Hausler, Skyartec or FreeX Skyview. Then we email the link to the test flight to the buyer.
We test everything in the set including a 1 hour + test of the charger, battery, wall wart power supply.
(Not all Blade helicopters we sell are test flown by us)

Park RC Models RC Groups Vendor Forum

Skyartec Factory RC Groups Vendor Forum

Skyartec X3v FBL Helicopter Review

Skyartec Butterfly Quad Review

Hope this helps,
Max
Last edited by Parkflying; Aug 28, 2014 at 10:27 PM.

Quick Reply