Aug 28, 2014, 12:05 AM
SAR
Thread OP
Discussion

Walkera Sony RX100 G-3S Brushless Gimbal for cinematic videography

What's New for this Labor Day 2014: Received some updated news today from ucdrone Inc (Walkera's North American HQ) about this gimbal. Here is a preview of the latest gimbal; designed by demand, to support the renown Sony RX100 II and Mark III, high end cinema codec camera. The gimbal will be out by late September 2014. More updates at walkerawarehouse.com

Specially designed to be flown with the QR X800. Remotely control tilt, pitch video recording and combined with with a TX5803 will allow you FPV.

We were told it may support all 3 versions of Sony's RX100, but the first version is still being calibrated. So, contact Walkera first if you have the older RX100.

• Parts Warehouse Direct: walkerawarehouse.com
• Ebay Warehouse USA Parts: https://www.ebay.com/str/walkerawarehouse or ebay.com/walkera-usa
• Amazon: http://walkerawarehouse.com/amazon/

We had to asked...
Remote: This version of Sony RX, you will not be able to Start or Stop recording remotely from a switch.
MAP: USD$389 (does not include camera) but it will be packaged with the QR X800 as an option, along with the GoPro or iLook options.

Specifications:
Input Power: 2S~6S LiPo (7.4V -28V)
Static current: 650mA (@12V )
Dynamic current: 600-700 mA (@12V )
Gimbal Weight: 325 g (camera excluded)
Gimbal Dimensions: 134mm X 166mm X147mm
Pitch Control Angle: -130 ~ +90
Roll Control Angle: -45 ~ +45
Raw Control Angle: self-stationary mode
Controlled Angle Accuracy: 0.1

Last edited by tvdrone; Jun 23, 2018 at 02:13 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 12, 2014, 10:01 PM
nice design

wait for review
Sep 13, 2014, 12:30 AM
Funny their video is still a computer animation.
Sep 13, 2014, 04:03 AM
Nice. Just in time for my X800
Sep 13, 2014, 09:30 AM
Is it a two axis or three axis?
Sep 13, 2014, 10:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewwy00 View Post
Is it a two axis or three axis?
I'm sure it's three. It sure looks like three. It'd better be three. If it's not three, I'm not buying. If it is three, sold! I don't think anyone would try to market a 2 axis gimbal designed for an $800 camera. I sure hope not, anyway.

So the question is, is it a fully panning 3 asix gimbal? For me is doesn't have to be. I just want yaw damping. Nothing worse than yaw wobble on an otherwise great quality video.
Sep 13, 2014, 10:20 AM
Just saw this. It's a yaw dampened 3 axis. Yay! https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=3711
Sep 15, 2014, 04:49 AM
Do you guys know if the live view works with sony camera also? I'd like to use devo f12E
Sep 17, 2014, 03:41 PM
SAR
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkdslr View Post
Do you guys know if the live view works with sony camera also? I'd like to use devo f12E
Yes. FPV, from the RX100... if that is what you mean.? However, like the GoPro, you cannot remotely turn on and off from the receiver.

We received news this morning, the G-3S RX100 will only support the QR X800, the H500 did not cut it, due to the weight, and will not be sold as a package, a decision made this morning.

http://www.iuasinc.com/products/walk...00-gimbal.html
Sep 17, 2014, 08:07 PM
from all i have read it's not a 3 axis . the gyro is 3 axis , but only 2 motors . Maybe the 3rd axis will be an upgrade!!!
Sep 17, 2014, 09:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flytahiti View Post
from all i have read it's not a 3 axis . the gyro is 3 axis , but only 2 motors . Maybe the 3rd axis will be an upgrade!!!
Well, that sux...
Sep 19, 2014, 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq View Post
Well, that sux...

A lot!!! :-((((
Sep 19, 2014, 04:17 PM
Knife Edge Software
I'm not sure that's the case. I'm only looking at translations, but it appears that the yaw axis is stabilized but not controllable, meaning it has a motor, but it only damps out yaw movements, rather than allowing the user to control the yaw angle. Also not ideal, since it's marketed for a copter with retracts, but better than nothing...
Sep 19, 2014, 07:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Sebens View Post
I'm not sure that's the case. I'm only looking at translations, but it appears that the yaw axis is stabilized but not controllable, meaning it has a motor, but it only damps out yaw movements, rather than allowing the user to control the yaw angle. Also not ideal, since it's marketed for a copter with retracts, but better than nothing...
Yup... I heard from Bo that is correct. Great news!

Quick Reply