Aug 27, 2014, 10:57 PM
Rant

Why?!

http://www.12newsnow.com/story/26385...at-oh-hospital

Why do people think that doing this stuff is a good idea? It just gives our hobby a bad name, and makes us look like a bunch of immature, uncontrolled idiots!
to remove ads between posts
Aug 27, 2014, 11:24 PM
I don't know what to think, can someone really be that dumb? Next time I get a chance I will be sure to block in a ambulance.
Aug 28, 2014, 03:00 AM
Quote:
"One of our flight nurses spotted it, and said 'Hey there's an object flying out here, I don't think it's a bird.' Then they saw it take off and they knew it was something other than a bird."
Maybe he took off as soon as he noticed the chopper? Maybe this is a normally responsible operator who just got into the wrong place at the wrong time?

I suppose it should never have been flown that close to a heli-pad and that there should have had a spotter watching out and a bunch of other things, but this article seems a bit hyped up and it only tells one side of the story. I probably wouldn't be calling the operator an idiot just yet.
Sep 02, 2014, 02:31 PM
Lift is cheap - Drag sucks

Que Pendejo!!

Looks more like an idiot in a place he should never be at any time.

The 'operator's' excuse was that he was photographing the fair grounds! So, he was operating over the fair ground crowd in close proximity to the hospital heli-pad. No wonder we have a problem.

Tom
Sep 02, 2014, 05:33 PM
From reading the pilots words, sounds like he has an axe to grind. Any excuse to get on the news I guess.

Quick Reply