Coachella Valley winter Aerotow dates set - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Aug 26, 2014, 08:13 PM
Discussion

Coachella Valley winter Aerotow dates set

Once again the CVRC club is setting aside a few days for our annual winter Aerotow, December 6th, and February 7th. www.cvrcclub.com for directions. If coming from long distances, contact me (Dennis) and maybe we can set aside an extra day, Friday or Sunday, depending on towpilot availablility of course.

Extremely clear skies with monster lift are typical, the club recently poured a lot more concrete on the south end pit area so LOTS more parking area for our large models.

Remember, this is located in Thermal California, and they ain't kidding about the name Thermal.

Palm Springs with all the lodging and golfing you will ever want is very close, this is a great time to visit the low desert.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 28, 2014, 10:44 AM
Great to have another Coachella desert fly to look forward to: The dates seem to be between and away from most of the holiday freenzy.

Let's here from those that plan on being there this season.

Few pics from previous events.

Mark
Last edited by PT Glider; Aug 28, 2014 at 09:14 PM.
Aug 28, 2014, 05:58 PM

Pictures soon

Hi Guys

I will be taking an aerial soon of the new staging pad area.

We poured 60 yards more over this past weekend. The idea is that the south end has always been the location for planes waiting to launch. So now instead of having planes sometimes sitting in dirt they will be waiting on a clean new surface.

Believe me this is a wonderful new addition for our Jet Event too.

Give me a couple of weeks to get the new fencing setup and I will post a aerial.

Hope to see even more this year.

Dan
President of the other CVRC Club
Aug 28, 2014, 06:45 PM
Team JR Air
I will put these dates on the calendar. More incentive to get the Antares flying!

Tom
Nov 08, 2014, 05:17 PM
Tom, you have about 3 weeks to get the Antares done, Dec.6th is approaching fast.
Nov 10, 2014, 11:37 PM
Detail Freak
If Tom goes, I'll try to go also.
Hope to see you all there.
R,
Target
Nov 19, 2014, 05:19 PM

New Pit area

Hi Everyone

Attached is an aerial of our new concrete extension.. Look at the mottled area is 60 yards in size. This will let all of your Sailplanes park on concrete instead of sand.

Hope to see everyone in a couple of weeks.

Dan
President of the other CVRC Club
Last edited by flyingdan1; Nov 20, 2014 at 04:33 PM.
Nov 28, 2014, 01:35 PM

Scott Marnoch Video

Watch this beautiful Video taken by Scott Marnoch from the nose of his sailplane.

Dan

Palm Springs AeroTow Dec 2013 (3 min 25 sec)
Nov 28, 2014, 06:41 PM
Hello All,

We're about a week away from the Coachella event. Can we get some confirmation on who's going . I plan on it.
What tow pilots and planes will be there?

Thanks,
Mark
Nov 28, 2014, 08:20 PM

Towing

Hi All,

I'll be out with my Pawnee/DA100 for Towing duty, my Ventus and F450 Quad for Video duty.

Scott
Nov 30, 2014, 11:41 AM
JMRC Cub Driver
Ill be there with my Valiant/DLE-40 twin for towing the smaller guys who don't want to wait in line. Also ill bring my 4.4M Fox
Nov 30, 2014, 08:24 PM
I'm bringing the 40% Pirat, and also will bring the Parkzone KA-8 to get towed behind that twin.
Dec 01, 2014, 12:55 PM

The weather is looking good

Hi Everyone, The weather looks good, maybe some clouds but no rain.

See everyone Saturday, your going to love your new pit area.

Dan

http://www.wunderground.com/us/ca/thermal.html
Dec 01, 2014, 04:33 PM
I will be out with my 8 Ball with a DA-50 for towing as well as a 4M DG300.
Dec 04, 2014, 09:31 PM
Weather forecast looks great, winds under 5 mph at about 70 degrees with some puffy cumulus, looks like a postcard weekend.