Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Aug 08, 2018, 11:59 AM
RobKit--Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by PA22
If is this I think was an ARF, no plans
Yes that is the one,, was hoping that some plans was available.

Maybe have to look for something similar,,

suggestions are wellcome ;-)

//Rob
to remove ads between posts
Aug 08, 2018, 12:20 PM
Culper Junior
I noticed on ama Plans Service site they are ‘adding’ RCM plans to their listing. Are they buying the rights or just selling them as a service to the community?
Aug 08, 2018, 06:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeronca52
I noticed on ama Plans Service site they are ‘adding’ RCM plans to their listing. Are they buying the rights or just selling them as a service to the community?
Since the RCM plans seem to have fallen beyond any patent protection (as this thread shows), it sounds like they're just going to sell prints of the RCM plans.
Aug 08, 2018, 07:19 PM
Culper Junior
I’m forever wary of the AMA’s intentions.
Aug 08, 2018, 08:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treeline
Since the RCM plans seem to have fallen beyond any patent protection (as this thread shows), it sounds like they're just going to sell prints of the RCM plans.
That won't stop them from trying.

Steve had a bunch of the Model Builder plans on his site and they still asked him to take them down. Fortunately I was able to download them all before that happened...

Andy
Aug 08, 2018, 08:27 PM
Culper Junior
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz
That won't stop them from trying.

Steve had a bunch of the Model Builder plans on his site and they still asked him to take them down. Fortunately I was able to download them all before that happened...

Andy
Like I said..
Aug 08, 2018, 08:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treeline
I wounder where they are getting their plans? I think that some of us would be upset if they got some from RcGroups especially the construction articles and charged for them.
Aug 08, 2018, 09:09 PM
Culper Junior
Here’s a screenshot of their page mentioning it. Second paragraph down.
Aug 09, 2018, 06:29 AM
So I'M meant to be in control?
Paragraph 3 would be interesting to analyse alongside David's spreadsheet of his amazing work.....

I know that I am always guilty of being too suspicious - or at least I enjoy playing with conspiracy theories (even if I don't believe them), but I wonder where the pdf files came from?
Aug 09, 2018, 09:11 AM
A man with a plan
I was thinking the same thing, but unfortunately the IT crew at AMA forgot to link the PDF. What are the odds that AMA has accidentally duplicated all of our work, shortly after we completed it?
Aug 09, 2018, 09:43 AM
Curmudgeon in training!
I would almost bet on it Rob!
Aug 10, 2018, 02:04 AM
So I'M meant to be in control?
Generally, I feel that often organisations are blamed for what individuals within that corporation have done; my guess (and being in the UK, I will wholly admit to never having had any experience whatsoever with the AMA) would be that if there has been any wholesale use of the work done by David and the myriad of good people here and of course Steve of OZ, then it would be down to an individual within the AMA rather than a concerted policy of the AMA as a whole.

Though [and here's a conspiracy theory for you] it has crossed my mind that there could be the possibility that they may have been approached by a third party who also had managed to accumulate all those very same files by some means and who may have sold them to the AMA..... This is of course pure speculation, has no basis in evidenced facts, your mileage may vary, any resemblance to any persons living or dead is purely coincidental etc etc
Aug 10, 2018, 03:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Blink
Though [and here's a conspiracy theory for you] it has crossed my mind that there could be the possibility that they may have been approached by a third party who also had managed to accumulate all those very same files by some means and who may have sold them to the AMA..... This is of course pure speculation, has no basis in evidenced facts, your mileage may vary, any resemblance to any persons living or dead is purely coincidental etc etc
And the plot thickens!
Aug 10, 2018, 03:54 AM
I like real wooden aeroplanes!
Generally speaking, I don't believe in coincidences!
Aug 10, 2018, 03:59 AM
WMD
WMD
Womble of Model Depiction
I don't have any faith in the AMA's motivation, at all. But since the RCM plans are all out there now, and free, that's fine. I mean since the plans are available from locations like Davids cloud storage setup... I don't think it matters what the AMA do any more with this issue. Ever. The plans simply are out there, and are free, from now on, to anyone who can be bothered to look for them. It is just a fact that anyone who wants to can copy them all, and post them up again on another cloud drive, elsewhere. The AMA can't stop that. Either morally, legally, or practically.

To be clear. I do not believe the AMA claim any rights on the RCM plans. Or ever intend to do so. I think they simply intend to sell them without such, as best they can.

[edit] Doh. No link added. Here is the link to David's most excellent cloud-based RCM repository:
https://1drv.ms/f/s!AhJ_mZ04GPZNg5BQee62am2zGc8spA
Last edited by WMD; Aug 10, 2018 at 04:13 AM. Reason: added link

Quick Reply