RCM plans, FREE!!!! - Page 479 - RC Groups
Jun 18, 2017, 03:19 AM

plans fu 24 fletcher

Hello friends modelersDo you have a plan gamut aircraft Zealand fu 24 Fletcher about 100 inches in pdf formatThanks and best regards my meil bjanko76@gmail.com
to remove ads between posts
Jun 18, 2017, 03:21 AM

plans

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PAC_Fletcher to this plane
Jun 18, 2017, 12:32 PM

Fletcher FU-24

Quote:
Originally Posted by braconik
Hello friends modelersDo you have a plan gamut aircraft Zealand fu 24 Fletcher about 100 inches in pdf formatThanks and best regards my meil bjanko76@gmail.com
I do not recall this plane ever appearing in RCM.
The link below to another magazine's presentation might help.

http://www.airplanesandrockets.com/a...p-1971-aam.htm
Jun 19, 2017, 03:03 PM
AMA 8711, FCC K4WZA
Quote:
Originally Posted by braconik
Cavitation's reference to the FU-24 in Sept. 1971 AAM prodded me to scan McCullough's 74" version. There's also a 63" span one by Arthur Heenan in July, 1983. Sorry no RCM content.

-Dave Plumpe
Jun 24, 2017, 12:26 AM

RCM Plan ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPlumpe
Cavitation's reference to the FU-24 in Sept. 1971 AAM prodded me to scan McCullough's 74" version. There's also a 63" span one by Arthur Heenan in July, 1983. Sorry no RCM content.

-Dave Plumpe

Is this a RCM Plan? There is a RULE to keep this Tread Pure, right? This plan of the FU-24 should be removed to keep this Tread Pure.
Jun 24, 2017, 09:19 PM
AMA 986339 FCC KB5LAM/4
As for me, I will meet any honest question with an honest answer; and I think any plan is welcome, although other places may be more appropriate.

For everyone's information, I have a separate page in my index/spreadsheet to record the information of non-RCM postings.

On that note, it is critical to type descriptions of your attachments in the body of the post. The search engine does not index the names of the attachment files. So you can create a file with a very descriptive name, but if you do not repeat the data in the body of the post, it will be lost to history... except when chanced upon...unless I've captured the location in my spreadsheet/index.

As to deleting posts... no one can do so unless the thread is a sticky, and then only the the thread owner can do so. I hope it never happens here as the act changes post numbers... it would destroy my index/database, which is based on post number.

David
Latest blog entry: Remembering Bob Hoover
Jun 24, 2017, 11:48 PM

RCM Plan Pure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancer
Paul, I think you should understand that although given as a free plan with an issue of the magazine, these plans are still sold in the plans catalogue of the company. The original reason for starting this thread was to provide access to plans originally published in the AMERICAN magazine Radio Control Modeler which, after closure of the magazine, had been not reliably available due to the web site offering them for sale not performing and accepting money without supplying plans. The plan you have posted is from the BRITISH magazine Radio Control Models and Electronics, which is still published and which continues to supply copies of plans it has featured (both as full size plans (like the Vulcan) and reduced size building articles) in a perfectly satisfactory manner.

I think it would be better if this thread restricted itself to RCM plans as originally intended and it might be appropriate for you to remove your post.
I think you should know that this POST to RCSKYRIDER. There is more than one member than just RCSKYRIDER that agree that this tread is left pure to RCM plans. Page 324.
Last edited by rcskyrider; Jun 25, 2017 at 07:15 PM. Reason: Spell Check removed a word from the text
Jun 25, 2017, 02:27 AM
So I'M meant to be in control?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcskyrider
Is this a RCM Plan? There is a RULE to keep this Tread Pure, right? This plan of the FU-24 should be removed to keep this Tread Pure.
Quote:
I think you should that this POST to RCSKYRIDER. there is more than just RCSKYRIDER that agree that this tread is pure to RCM plans. Page 324.
Your posts (especially the inclusion of implied expletives) is a vast overeaction to something that was posted with good intentions. It also looks like your ire has adversely affected your grammar and spelling which may make it difficult (especially for those for whom English is not their first language) to understand exactly the point you are trying to convey.

You have no location mentioned, and so if English is not your first language, I apologise for my comments concerning the spelling and grammar; but I would still feel that such a vituperous response was not warranted.
Last edited by Colonel Blink; Jun 25, 2017 at 10:58 AM. Reason: Poster may not be an Anglophone
Jun 25, 2017, 10:00 AM
AMA 8711, FCC K4WZA
Well, I do apologize. I probably should've posted my scans to the American Modeler thread and PM'd the requester. But that would've left in limbo other viewers of this thread who might've had their imaginations aroused by the request. So perhaps I should've posted here a note directing those interested to a post at the AAM thread. But that would've taken almost as much space here as posting the scans and been a diversion from this thread.

Or perhaps I should've ignored the requester - no, I couldn't do that - it's against the unwritten rules of modeling forums, to help where one can. When I read an honest query that I can reasonably help with (oops, I mean "with which I can reasonably help"), I do. Maybe that's because so many others have helped me over my many years of modeling and I've gathered a fair amount of experience (note my 4-digit AMA number).

In this specific case, the requester piqued my interest and I had the magazine, so I spent a few hours scanning & editing it - not only for his pleasure, but for mine. I've answered hundreds of queries and scanned and distributed hundreds of plans to individuals, threads, and archives like Steve & Mary's Outerzone and received large quantities of endorphins in return. I thank you all for the opportunity and I shall continue to do so, even if I occasionally inadvertently step outside someone's comfort zone.

-Dave
Jun 25, 2017, 02:59 PM
Thanks, Dave! You're appreciated, and so is your work!

Andy
Jun 25, 2017, 04:18 PM
I like real wooden aeroplanes!
I must say that I object to being quoted by rcskyrider in support of his comments; the purpose of my original post was to point out to the person enquiring about the Vulcan plan that this came from a completely different magazine which was still in business and still supplying plans in a perfectly satisfactory manner, which is not the case with the RCM plans, and hence it would not be appropriate to post it in this thread. The plan which DPlumpe posted in a kindly attempt to help an enquirer is a different case altogether.
Jun 25, 2017, 07:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancer
I must say that I object to being quoted by rcskyrider in support of his comments; the purpose of my original post was to point out to the person enquiring about the Vulcan plan that this came from a completely different magazine which was still in business and still supplying plans in a perfectly satisfactory manner, which is not the case with the RCM plans, and hence it would not be appropriate to post it in this thread. The plan which DPlumpe posted in a kindly attempt to help an enquirer is a different case altogether.

Sorry. I did not know that the FU-24 was by RCM Magazine. I did ask... is this plan a RCM Magazine plan? The RCM&E plan of the Avro Valcan was removed because of a rule to keep this tread pure.
Last edited by rcskyrider; Jun 26, 2017 at 12:58 AM.
Jun 26, 2017, 08:16 AM
I like real wooden aeroplanes!
Quote:
Sorry. I did not know that the FU-24 was by RCM Magazine. I did ask... is this plan a RCM Magazine plan? The RCM&E plan of the Avro Valcan was removed because of a rule to keep this tread pure.
NO, the Vulcan plan was removed because it was still COMMERCIALLY AVAILABLE from the original (and still current) publishers. There is no "rule", just a suggestion by David, and, since he has done most of the work on the RCM plan recovery project, it is polite to comply with it. As far as I can see the original enquiry about the FU-24 arose because the OP either thought it was an RCM plan, or did not realise that the thread was normally limited to RCM plans at David's preference. DPlumpe's posting was simply trying to help out the OP.
Jun 26, 2017, 11:35 AM
AMA 986339 FCC KB5LAM/4
Let me throw something out that is somewhat off-topic but may be of interest to the sort of builder that comes here.

https://aero.usu.edu/machup/

Here's a piece of software developed by a friend to one of my protégés:

Quote:
MachUp was designed specifically for small-aircraft development, and has a very small learning curve. It is the ideal tool for early-stage airframe design, later-stage detail design, aerodynamic research, or classroom instruction. MachUp Pro is a downloadable tool designed for easy integration, unlimited versatility, and streamlined optimization. Interfacing with the object-oriented I/O is very easy and allows for quick integration with Matlab, Python, or Java.
It seems to be pretty nifty. I've used it to model some of the RCM plans (see, not completely off topic) and let it predict CG location and performance.

I've used it at work to estimate the effects (range, stall, etc.) of greater payloads placed on small UAVs by groups engaged in political violence.

David
Jun 26, 2017, 10:42 PM
AMA 986339 FCC KB5LAM/4
Over the next several months, I'll be making one more effort to find the "big four" uncaptured plans.
Quote:
LAIRD-TURNER SPECIAL pl-1112
KLEMM L25D pl-1289
DYNAMO 400 pl-1290
DEHAVILLAND DH-82A TIGER MOTH pl-1329
And, I don't hold out much hope of finding any of the 22 Hobby House plans that started the RCM numbering scheme. Although they were marketed in the early issues of the magazine, they were never documented in articles.
Quote:
SE5A HobbyHouse 103
AERIEL HobbyHouse 105
MESSERSCHMITT ME 35 (36 inch) HobbyHouse 107
MESSERSCHMITT ME 35 (53 inch) HobbyHouse 107A
OLYMPIC HobbyHouse 108
BLISTER HobbyHouse 110
PIPER L-4 (37 inch) HobbyHouse 112
PUTZER-ELSTER HobbyHouse 112
PIPER L-4 (54 inch) HobbyHouse 112A
PELLICANO HobbyHouse 114
PICCHIO SPECHT WOODPECKER HobbyHouse 115
HIMMELSBARON HobbyHouse 116
PIPER VAGABOND HobbyHouse 117
STANDARD AUSTRIA HobbyHouse 119
FOKKER D7 HobbyHouse 120
TRIPLE FEATURE ALBATROS HobbyHouse 123
TRIPLE FEATURE PIPER SUPER CUB HobbyHouse 123
TRIPLE FEATURE FAFNIR HobbyHouse 123
FOCKE WULF FW-190 HobbyHouse 124
DEHAVILLAND GYPSY MOTH HobbyHouse 135
PEGASUS 78 HobbyHouse 138
PEGASUS 137 HobbyHouse 138A
So, unless I find some additional work to do before 1 September, I will turn my attention to other priorities, returning to update aver 3 or 4 months.

1. I just finished reworking the 50-ish-inch Peter Rake Eastbourne Monoplane. It is ready to fly.

2. I finished an early draft of one e-book, "General Arrangement Drawings in the Flight Magazine"

3. I need to finish the painting and marking my Hoover/Rockwell 48-inch P-51. It's primer white and needs to be "Yellowed".

4. I still haven't stuffed and closed the second (post-maiden-crash) of the 55 Special I started almost 3 years ago.

5. I'm starting to make my CAD drawings for the Farman Goliath. I'm planning a 48-inch sport scale test model and a 96-inch scale competition model.

6. And, I need to start preparing the book I want to write about RCM.

But, I'm going to a meeting Thursday night to discuss my pursuing a Doctorate, after all these years. I left that dream behind over 30 years ago, when my son was born with some medical issues. He's grown now and I'm going to think about it. It would take me about 4 years of evening effort.