Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
May 05, 2016, 07:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Blink
Rather a harsh posting towards someone who is trying to help the community, methinks.
Harsh, yes. I guess that I over reacted, sorry. The file (80 megs) came across on my software as a vertical black line. I zoomed in and found the file highly speckled. I tried a negative and found some definition and thought to myself this would take more time than I cared to devote. What my comment did do was to point out a problem and issue a challenge. Hlsat came thru.

Gene
to remove ads between posts
May 05, 2016, 07:22 AM
AMA 986339 FCC KB5LAM/4
For information, here is a list of the most prolific designers in the known list:

Name and number of designs (>= 10)

Reese, Fred 37
Willard, Ken 31
Mikulasko, Laddie 20, who is active on RCGroups as "Laddie"; if you care to go and say "Thanks"
Whitehead, Gordon E. 20
Evans, Bill 19
Wallace, Bob 18
Cunningham, Chuck 18
Denson, Paul 16
Tichenor, Dick 15
Tapsfield, Dennis 13
Renaud, Lee 12
Headley, Jack 12
Bridi, Joe 12
Kampen, Owen 12
Fallandy, Martin 11
Dewey, Don 10
May 05, 2016, 08:09 AM
Thanks elija, deleted mine.

Regards Ian.
May 05, 2016, 09:19 AM
A man with a plan
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidterrell80
I have always liked the Praying Mantis for its similarity to the XB-70, one of my favorite aircraft from my youth.

I ordered that plan back in the 1990s, but I never built it and I eventually traded it to somebody else. If I remember correctly, the article mentions that it is sort of a simple rendition of the XB-70.
May 05, 2016, 10:17 AM
Hi Gene,

Thanks for the apology. If I had opened the files and seen what you saw I might have reacted similarly.

To Balsaworkbench - I just peeked at the Mantis build article and the author describes it as a "B-70 type canard".

I'm just getting back into RC after a 30-year absence, so I'm starting from scratch with a Sig Kadet with plans to build a Kavalier & Kougar next, but afterwards I plan to move into scratch-building and lean toward unconventional-looking designs such as the Mantis, flying wings, etc. I guess my liking for unconventional planes comes from my being a sci-fi fan since childhood.
May 05, 2016, 11:20 AM
A man with a plan
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtplenge
I guess my liking for unconventional planes comes from my being a sci-fi fan since childhood.
I used to joke around with my brother in law about building a tri-motor pusher canard biplane seaplane with a T tail, just to see how many unconventional things could be incorporated into one plane. We never did it, though.
May 05, 2016, 08:13 PM
I can't even imagine what THAT would look like.
May 06, 2016, 04:01 AM
WMD
WMD
III Perfection (#417) - here is a good clean scan, this plan is thanks to JohnPapandreou.
May 06, 2016, 04:14 AM
WMD
WMD
Electraglide II (#942) - another good clean scan. This one is thanks to GabrielEstrada.
May 06, 2016, 04:23 AM
Dallaire Sportster Plan 1248 here is another good clean scan.
Many thanks James Hatton for the new scan.

Soon start building.

Elijah.
May 06, 2016, 05:31 AM
WMD
WMD
Hi Elijah.

When I say "good clean scan", I mean there are no problems with the quality, so for example no lines are missing from the drawing. I mean the pdf will give a good print. Yours has lines missing. It's a nice plan, but I would never describe this as a "good clean scan". Maybe there is some confusion over the use of language.

Thanks for the plan though
May 06, 2016, 10:31 AM
Guys,
Now that we all have a LOT of plans to work from it would be really nice to see some of the finished airplanes that come from them. I'll do separate build threads of the ones that I'm working on but how about just an "Airplanes Built From RCM Plans" picture thread to show the end results of all of this work? Might provide some motivation for the procrastinators (like me).
May 06, 2016, 09:25 PM
set it up my build thread for the denight special will be on it
May 12, 2016, 07:18 AM
Hi everyone

Glad to see that someone noticed my scan of the Perfection III I uploaded to outerzone it was from a full size plan ordered from RCM about a year before they went bust, I also uploaded RCM x-Pert to outerzone as well.

Does anyone have a copy of RCM June 1968 and can scan the Sun Fly III and post it here or send it to RC Library it would be great as the on line copy they have is missing that article.

Thanks everyone

johnkpap
(John Papandreou)
May 12, 2016, 08:15 AM
RFJ
RFJ
Quote:
Does anyone have a copy of RCM June 1968
Yes

Ray