Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Sep 03, 2014, 02:42 PM
Thanks SnApRoLl.

Elijah.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 03, 2014, 02:49 PM
CPA# 39
I have always wanted to build this Stagger Bi by Phil Kraft.

Brian
Sep 03, 2014, 02:50 PM
Bucker Jungmeister.

Type Model RC Scale Civil Biplane.
Wingspan 66in.Bipewing.
Engine Glow O.S .60 FSR
Control 4 channels.
Designer Dave Platt.
Magazine RCModeler Sep.1978.

Between now and the end Plans and Articles from the magazine RCModeler here

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&postcount=552
Last edited by hlsat; May 21, 2015 at 11:35 AM.
Sep 03, 2014, 02:52 PM
Turner2, post #148. " hlsat, on the plans you post it says by H.E. Are you H.E.? And on the article it says editing by Hlsat. Did you actually edit this article for RCmodeler in 1980? I think this may be what the complaint is about. "

You're the first to actually look and make note of what has happened. Yes, that was my complaint.
Sep 03, 2014, 03:00 PM
Tend not see well or not understand.
Look photo in page 10 here post 150.
About for me.
I do not like misunderstandings and misinterpretations.
Learned some Greek letters.
Translators there are too many.

Elijah Greece.
Sep 03, 2014, 03:07 PM
Bird of Time
Before you start building, have a look at the following;
there's lot's of excellent info on this thread.
LISF Bird of Time One Design Build Thread
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ight=bird+time
Sep 03, 2014, 03:11 PM
It may be a cultural difference but being of a conservative nature I would never seek recognition by writing my name onto the plans I have given to the community. For one thing I share plans selflessly, not for recognition. Any and all recognition is surely for the original author whose efforts were far greater than mine.

In the case of at least one plan and article - the RCM Quickie by Fred Reese 1972 - hlsat literally took a PDF I had discovered and linked to on hippocketaeronautics and wrote his name in it. He didn't scan it, neither did I. Whoever originally uploaded the article to rcuniverse did that work. Kinda grated me that hlsat wrote his name in it because it was as if he was claiming to have done the work.

Anyway, I still appreciate the effort hlsat goes to here but I feel that perhaps the name writing thing should stop out of respect for those who author the plans originally, those who published them originally and those who scanned and uploaded them originally.

PS. Not to mention that painting your name at the scene of a crime is a bit of a daft thing to do. After all we do not know for certain the legality of what we are doing.
Sep 03, 2014, 03:14 PM
Elijah Greece.
I'm sorry for all the confusion that the language barrier is causing.

The question is,
hlsat, on the plans you post it says by H.E. Are you H.E.? And on the article it says editing by Hlsat. Did you actually edit this article for RCmodeler in 1980?

Did you really edit or write the article, for RCM, in 1980?

If so, you have been modeling for a very long time.

Thanks for all the work and sharing all these wonderful plans.

John
Sep 03, 2014, 03:17 PM
Elijah, John is being sarcastic and I feel that is making the language barrier worse. Hopefully I put forward his complaint in a more straight forward manner.

Even as I write this I think to myself you might not understand because I am English and I know it is a very funny language to those who do not speak it natively.
Sep 03, 2014, 03:19 PM
ThermalSniffer
your post #158
"It may be a cultural difference but being of a conservative nature I would never seek recognition by writing my name onto the plans I have given to the community. For one thing I share plans selflessly, not for recognition. Any and all recognition is surely for the original author whose efforts were far greater than mine.

In the case of at least one plan and article - the RCM Quickie by Fred Reese 1972 - hlsat literally took a PDF I had discovered and linked to on hippocketaeronautics and wrote his name in it. He didn't scan it, neither did I. Whoever originally uploaded the article to rcuniverse did that work. Kinda grated me that hlsat wrote his name in it because it was as if he was claiming to have done the work.

Anyway, I still appreciate the effort hlsat goes to here but I feel that perhaps the name writing thing should stop out of respect for those who author the plans originally, those who published them originally and those who scanned and uploaded them originally."

PS. Not to mention that painting your name at the scene of a crime is a bit of a daft thing to do. After all we do not know for certain the legality of what we are doing.

Yes, that is the complaint. Most of the articles have an edit at the end. The plans also have an initial in the bottom RH corner.

Thanks,
John
Last edited by JohnAV8R; Sep 04, 2014 at 11:31 AM. Reason: ps
Sep 03, 2014, 03:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAV8R
Elijah Greece.
I'm sorry for all the confusion that the language barrier is causing.

The question is,
hlsat, on the plans you post it says by H.E. Are you H.E.? And on the article it says editing by Hlsat. Did you actually edit this article for RCmodeler in 1980?

Did you really edit or write the article, for RCM, in 1980?

If so, you have been modeling for a very long time.

Thanks for all the work and sharing all these wonderful plans.

John
Please.
Look, again my photo with the letters, I think you understand what letters H.E
Are the initial letters, by the my name in Greek.

Thanks Elijah.
Sep 03, 2014, 03:25 PM
Yes, hlsat, thanks for the plans but there seems to be no reason to put your marks on them.
Sep 03, 2014, 03:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThermalSniffer
It may be a cultural difference but being of a conservative nature I would never seek recognition by writing my name onto the plans I have given to the community. For one thing I share plans selflessly, not for recognition. Any and all recognition is surely for the original author whose efforts were far greater than mine.

Anyway, I still appreciate the effort hlsat goes to here but I feel that perhaps the name writing thing should stop out of respect for those who author the plans originally, those who published them originally and those who scanned and uploaded them originally.

I like your answer.
Thank you very much.
Sep 03, 2014, 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThermalSniffer
Elijah, John is being sarcastic and I feel that is making the language barrier worse. Hopefully I put forward his complaint in a more straight forward manner.

Even as I write this I think to myself you might not understand because I am English and I know it is a very funny language to those who do not speak it natively.
Thanks again.