This thread is privately moderated by Red.Sneakers, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Aug 26, 2014, 03:52 PM
2016 The Year for Air Shows
Thread OP
Cool

Best Day of the 2014 Season!

Today was the best day for the 2014 flying season at the Club. No pictures, just a story. I woke with a clear head & energy. Looked at the weather forecast & oh my, I must go to the Club today. Packed up La Belle Dame, Retro Junior, Champ Clipper, Champ Camo & Champ XL Jr. When I arrived the weather was as expected. Slight breeze, no turbulence, etc. After a few hours I wondered why the ‘other’ guys had not arrived, then I remembered it was Tuesday which means they go indoor flying. Great, I have the entire field to myself.

The electricity was turned on so I could charge my batteries. I felt like I was babysitting a bunch of kids, could hear every plane saying ‘pick me, pick me’. Arrived at 09:30 & the last flight ended at 14:10 when wind & turbulence kicked in while I was flying LBD. Most horrible landing, no damage, brain fried, done for the day. When I filed my flight debrief report, I noticed I had flown a total of 2 hours of airtime. That mate, is a new record for me.

Now here is the funny story. I am flying, the sun at 12 o’clock, so not high and I hear someone approaching close to me. Cannot look so I say, ‘hello, who’s there?’ No answer & the person moves away. Well, I landed to make sure I was not being robbed blind. When I looked, the only other car in the lot is a police car starting to backup. Hum, wonder what caught his attention to make him park the car & actually walk to where I was? So on the way home got me thinking, what did he see that caused him concern. Let’s see. He saw a man out 50 meters from the parking lot, with his back turned, feet spread out, both hands in front of his body at about waist high, looking up, not moving. Oh I got it, he had a picture of the old Alka-Seltzer commercial ‘oh, what a relief it is’. LOL! Hope he called it in. ‘Officer John at the Park investigating a possible public urination, standby... Cancel the call, the guy was flying an RC plane.’ ‘OK officer John, we will all be waiting to hear your story when you get back (chuckle heard over the radio).’ LOL LOL LOL! Makes the day all that much better. Best for this 2014 season!
Last edited by Red.Sneakers; Jan 28, 2016 at 11:23 AM. Reason: update
to remove ads between posts
Sep 13, 2014, 08:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red.Sneakers
Today was the best day for the 2014 flying season at the Club. No pictures, just a story. I woke with a clear head & energy. Looked at the weather forecast & oh my, I must go to the Club today. Packed up La Belle Dame, Retro Junior, Champ Clipper, Champ Camo & Champ Xl Jr. When I arrived the weather was as expected. Slight breeze, no turbulence, etc. After a few hours I wondered why the ‘other’ guys had not arrived, then I remembered it was Tuesday which means they go indoor flying. Great, I have the entire field to myself.

The electricity was turned on so I could charge my batteries. I felt like I was babysitting a bunch of kids, could hear every plane saying ‘pick me, pick me’. Arrived at 09:30 & the last flight ended at 14:10 when wind & turbulence kicked in while I was flying LBD. Most horrible landing, no damage, brain fried, done for the day. When I filed my flight debrief report, I noticed I had flown a total of 2 hours of airtime. That mate, is a new record for me.

Now here is the funny story. I am flying, the sun at 12 o’clock, so not high and I hear someone approaching close to me. Cannot look so I say, ‘hello, who’s there?’ No answer & the person moves away. Well, I landed to make sure I was not being robbed blind. When I looked, the only other car in the lot is a police car starting to backup. Hum, wonder what caught his attention to make him park the car & actually walk to where I was? So on the way home got me thinking, what did he see that caused him concern. Let’s see. He saw a man out 50 meters from the parking lot, with his back turned, feet spread out, both hands in front of his body at about waist high, looking up, not moving. Oh I got it, he had a picture of the old Alka-Seltzer commercial ‘oh, what a relief it is’. LOL! Hope he called it in. ‘Officer John at the Park investigating a possible public urination, standby... Cancel the call, the guy was flying an RC plane.’ ‘OK officer John, we will all be waiting to hear your story when you get back (chuckle heard over the radio).’ LOL LOL LOL! Makes the day all that much better. Best for this 2014 season!

Nice

Well done , and very well written
:-)
Sep 13, 2014, 10:11 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by foamyflyerr
Nice

Well done , and very well written
:-)
Thanks, it was a Happy Day for me.
Nov 16, 2014, 01:08 AM
FPV REBEL ALLIANCE
Sounds like a Great day Red. Had a motor cycle officer do that to me once. He actually drove it on the park to get to me and then realized his mistake. Gave me a scare lol.

Take care...

NS
Nov 16, 2014, 11:22 AM
Thread OP
Maybe next summer I will get a T-shirt that says:

! CAUTION !
RC Flight in Progress
- - -
What Did You Think

I have to keep it family friendly as the Club is in a public park, otherwise the ending would be "Piss Off" lol

Happy to know I am not alone.

Quick Reply