Carbon Z Cub Articulated Landing Gear

We install and review the hand made articulated gear from CubLandingGear.com.

Splash

Good looking and highly functional landing gear for your Carbon Z Cub.

The Carbon Z Cub is always in the truck if I'm headed to the field. It does a lot of things well. The one thing I didn't like were the hard foam wheels. As you can see in my video they are not the best on an asphalt runway. Jim Riggle at CubLandingGear.com hand builds a solution to my problem. His articulated landing gear not only look great but they work great as well. Watch my video for install instructions. I also show some before and after videos that demonstrate how the new landing gear helps keep landings under control. At $160 a pair the gear isn't cheap, but it sure is a great solution.

Build and Fly Video

Carbon Z Cub Articulated Landing Gear - RCGroups (8 min 30 sec)

Build Photos

More Infomation

Visit the CubLandingGear.com site for more info.

Aug 26, 2014, 07:12 PM
Good review, can't wait to get mine. The stock CZC gear work, but are probably the worst part of the experience.
Aug 26, 2014, 07:37 PM
Nice! I want a set of those for my Sport Cub.
Aug 27, 2014, 04:54 PM
Build to fly, fly to fix
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLHS592
Now THAT would be cool!
Aug 27, 2014, 06:04 PM
<<<<I|I>>>>
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLHS592
They are available for the similarly sized Fun Cub. I wonder if they'd be compatible.

On second thought, it would impede battery access on the Sport Cub.

Looks good, Jim!
Last edited by phoam; Aug 27, 2014 at 09:36 PM.
Aug 27, 2014, 06:40 PM
Build to fly, fly to fix
I just read the $ price.
I understand that good things cost money, but hey this is still a beer cooler plane. And that's a lot of money/beer.
Aug 28, 2014, 09:04 AM
I hate waiting for parts
I said the same thing. Cool product, way WAY too expensive.
Aug 28, 2014, 10:13 AM
Admin Deluxe
That price is up there but they can barely keep up with the orders as it is.
Aug 28, 2014, 10:38 AM
Build to fly, fly to fix
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim T. Graham
That price is up there but they can barely keep up with the orders as it is.
Truly, my hats off to them. I always admired small entrepreneurs who can make a business and compete against the big boys.
Aug 28, 2014, 11:02 AM
<<<<I|I>>>>
There are no 'big boys' they're competing against. This is a unique product.
Aug 28, 2014, 09:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoam
They are available for the similarly sized Fun Cub. I wonder if they'd be compatible.

On second thought, it would impede battery access on the Sport Cub.

Looks good, Jim!
If they made them for the Sport Cub, they could use the factory mounting setup along with screwing them down in the rear of the compartment at the rear float wire mount area. Surely, they could make it where the battery door would open.
Aug 29, 2014, 03:48 PM
Hey Jim...with all the added weight of the upgraded gear, wheels, and even the battery tray, are you seeing a drop in performance?

I've got PR Bush Wheels on mine, and I love them, but that's the only mod I've done. I've even got Gary's battery tray on the shelf, but being a weight miser I'm not using it.

EDIT: Just realized you did a bunch of power upgrades...so you probably AREN'T seeing a drop in performance.
Aug 29, 2014, 03:59 PM
Admin Deluxe
With the power 60 I have not noticed a difference. That is the secret.
Aug 29, 2014, 06:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirzeppu
Hey Jim...with all the added weight of the upgraded gear, wheels, and even the battery tray, are you seeing a drop in performance?

I've got PR Bush Wheels on mine, and I love them, but that's the only mod I've done. I've even got Gary's battery tray on the shelf, but being a weight miser I'm not using it.

EDIT: Just realized you did a bunch of power upgrades...so you probably AREN'T seeing a drop in performance.
I think I'd quit flying the Carbon Cub, if it wasn't for Gary's battery tray. You won't even notice. I'm at the same altitude, flying on the ridges of the Lake Bonneville shoreline.
Aug 29, 2014, 08:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim T. Graham
With the power 60 I have not noticed a difference. That is the secret.
Roger that. Thanks for the reply.

Quick Reply