Jan 24, 2015, 01:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzyguitar
Anybody with iCatchtek SPCA6330 chip camera? Need spi dump
you broke camera with wrong firmware? I have solution how to fix it.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 24, 2015, 02:37 AM

please help!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriarch
you broke camera with wrong firmware? I have solution how to fix it.
How can you help?
Jan 24, 2015, 03:23 AM
Sorry for my English, but i'll try ))

Solution "how-to-fix" soft-broken SJ4000 clone with Sunplus CPU (in device manager detects as iCatchtek SPCA6330, iCatchtek Sport Cam, etc), EKEN W7, EKEN W8 and other clones.

1. Download this arhive and unpack in any folder:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5...RDg&authuser=0

Fully charge camera's battery!!

2. Run ISP_v1201.exe in "Drivers" folder

3. After installation complete, reboot windows, press F8 and choose "Disable Driver Signature Enforcement".

4. When windows boots up, remove battery and SD card from camera. Press and hold "up" key and connect camera to PC via USB cable. System will found new device and install drivers. Check in device management that drivers set properly.

5. Run "FRM.exe" in "download" folder. If it shows up "USB device not connected" - that you don't properly install drivers, or do not disabled force driver signature. If it boots up normally, choose "Flash type: SPI", all other leave as is.

6. Press ISP (F5). In bottom line will be "Check ISP core", then "writing firmware". Wait until it done and shows up "ISP done." Press ok and close program.

7. Take SD card, format it in FAT32. Copy all 3 files under "SD card" folder to the root folder of SD. Without any folders.

8. Insert prepared SD card and battery in camera, and power on. Insert charger (do not connect to PC, use AC adapter). If LCD screen fully white or image in green tones - it's normal. Wait 10 minutes, do not touch anything.

9. Remove battery. Remove SD card. Insert battery and try to power ON. If all done properly, it boots up normally.

That's it.
Jan 24, 2015, 03:35 AM
My previous post flagged as potential spam. I don't know, why. Maybe download link is problem... There was my unbrick solution)
Jan 24, 2015, 04:08 AM
Quote:
My previous post flagged as potential spam. I don't know, why. Maybe download link is problem... There was my unbrick solution)
Can you write me or send me a link for your solution? Also download link.

Thanks
Jan 24, 2015, 06:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldgazer
Yes, that is an Eken W7 Sports Cam 7. The only way I know of to get live video out is via an HDMI cable.

Using this for FPV would not be a good idea... There is too much field curvature, and you would have to hack up an HDMI cable. A better way is to use this camera for aerial photography and get a dedicated FPV camera. I've seen FPV cams for under $20.00....
Hello, thank you for your answer! For now i'm using mobius and the picture is ok, i'd like to have that SJ4000 only because of gimbal... Mobius does not fit well on it... ok, I'll wait if there will be any solution about firmware on this EKEN W7...
If someone will have any solution about FPV on this cam, I'll be glad to test it.

regards,
Jan 24, 2015, 08:27 AM
FA3PR9WM79
Quote:
Originally Posted by mon.si
Hello, thank you for your answer! For now i'm using mobius and the picture is ok, i'd like to have that SJ4000 only because of gimbal... Mobius does not fit well on it... ok, I'll wait if there will be any solution about firmware on this EKEN W7...
If someone will have any solution about FPV on this cam, I'll be glad to test it.

regards,
Let me put it to you this way:

These cameras are not suitable for FPV use, and putting an FPV camera on a stabilized gimbal is not a good idea either..
Jan 24, 2015, 09:00 AM
FA3PR9WM79
Quote:
Can you post a picture of your camea's Version screen?
Jan 24, 2015, 11:19 AM
Quote:
Let me put it to you this way:

These cameras are not suitable for FPV use, and putting an FPV camera on a stabilized gimbal is not a good idea either..
Ok, I think that this is your personal opinion. What about DJI Phantom Vision+ or DJI Phantom with Zenmuse Gimbal for GoPro? or just that I'd like to see what I'm recording when I'm in the air and like to rotate my cam in the air and that the picture is stabilized...
I'll not use gimbal for acro,...

Let's say so, that I just like to have TV out trough USB. I think that the major problem is in poor firmware. I hope, that soon will be some update with "TV out enable" function. I'll try to write in to their support...

Thank you for your cooperation!
best regards
Jan 24, 2015, 11:45 AM
FA3PR9WM79
Quote:
Originally Posted by mon.si
Ok, I think that this is your personal opinion. What about DJI Phantom Vision+ or DJI Phantom with Zenmuse Gimbal for GoPro? or just that I'd like to see what I'm recording when I'm in the air and like to rotate my cam in the air and that the picture is stabilized...
I'll not use gimbal for acro,...

Let's say so, that I just like to have TV out trough USB. I think that the major problem is in poor firmware. I hope, that soon will be some update with "TV out enable" function. I'll try to write in to their support...

Thank you for your cooperation!
best regards
Ok, its not just my opinion, its fact. Deal with it.

These cameras are copies of the SJ4000. As copies they may or maynot have all of the functionality of a real SJ4000. The truth is, these W7 cameras do not support USB video out. However, they do support HDMI video out. I have tested this with my wide screen HD tv. If you want live video from this camera, then YOU MUST MODIFY a Micro HDMI cable and then kludge that into your FPV transmitter.

A much better, easier, and more cost effective solution is to use purpose built equipment. But its your money and your time so you are free to waste it as you please.

As far as getting a firmware update from the manufacturer goes, I wouldn't hold my breath....
Jan 24, 2015, 11:50 AM
Quote:
Can you post a picture of your camea's Version screen?
it was:
https://pp.vk.me/c624220/v624220142/...-cDE7rtFs4.jpg

but i can't find exact firmware. I use it from EKEN W8. All work fine, except incorrect colors on display. (LCD driver incompatible).
Jan 25, 2015, 12:51 AM

Thanks

Quote:
Sorry for my English, but i'll try ))

Solution "how-to-fix" soft-broken SJ4000 clone with Sunplus CPU (in device manager detects as iCatchtek SPCA6330, iCatchtek Sport Cam, etc), EKEN W7, EKEN W8 and other clones.

1. Download this arhive and unpack in any folder:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5...RDg&authuser=0

Fully charge camera's battery!!

2. Run ISP_v1201.exe in "Drivers" folder

3. After installation complete, reboot windows, press F8 and choose "Disable Driver Signature Enforcement".

4. When windows boots up, remove battery and SD card from camera. Press and hold "up" key and connect camera to PC via USB cable. System will found new device and install drivers. Check in device management that drivers set properly.

5. Run "FRM.exe" in "download" folder. If it shows up "USB device not connected" - that you don't properly install drivers, or do not disabled force driver signature. If it boots up normally, choose "Flash type: SPI", all other leave as is.

6. Press ISP (F5). In bottom line will be "Check ISP core", then "writing firmware". Wait until it done and shows up "ISP done." Press ok and close program.

7. Take SD card, format it in FAT32. Copy all 3 files under "SD card" folder to the root folder of SD. Without any folders.

8. Insert prepared SD card and battery in camera, and power on. Insert charger (do not connect to PC, use AC adapter). If LCD screen fully white or image in green tones - it's normal. Wait 10 minutes, do not touch anything.

9. Remove battery. Remove SD card. Insert battery and try to power ON. If all done properly, it boots up normally.

That's it.
You are the man. My camera is working again. Also do you have any solution for webcam mode?

Thanks again
Jan 25, 2015, 01:12 PM
Sorry) I did not have any solution for webcam, or TV-out mode... Maybe sometime)
Jan 25, 2015, 01:29 PM
FA3PR9WM79
Quote:
Sorry) I did not have any solution for webcam, or TV-out mode... Maybe sometime)
OK folks, let me give you a little insight.

1. If your camera turns into a brick when you flash it with SJCam firmware its because the hardware does does not support all of the functions that a real SJCam has.

2. If your camera does not have certain functions like USB video and such, it means the manufacturer's hardware AND firmware do not support those missing functions.

3. If you want ALL of the functionality that a real SJCam provides, YOU MUST BUY A REAL SJCAM....
Jan 25, 2015, 10:47 PM
Quote:
3. If you want ALL of the functionality that a real SJCam provides, YOU MUST BUY A REAL SJCAM....
This is clear as sunny day)

But. Sunplus SPCA6330 have both AV out and webcam capabilites. With some modifications in hardware and firmware it possible to get it works.

I working on that i have. Soft-bricked? Camera going to trash? No. One sleepless night - and camera alive. No AV-out? One slepless week....))

It is easiliest way to buy original SJ. Better - GoPro. Who wants "take-and-shoot" - buying it. I am technician, and doing some modifications is interesting to me)

Quick Reply