Aug 25, 2014, 09:33 PM
Lori, hey, you're home early
Discussion

BCSF Tent Activities

The time is here to start talking about the activities in the Bergen County Silent Flyers tent. Those of you that were there last year will remember some of the standing room only discussions and the giveaways. This year will be no different. Carlos will post a list here of the itinerary and topics. You can expect to a FoamTac demonstration, a 3D printing display, quads, manufacturers demo's and more. There's also the daily early morning Dawn Patrol flights over at the Park Flyer area.

Any questions or suggestions just let us know.

Mike
to remove ads between posts
Aug 27, 2014, 07:25 AM
Don't cut the Yellow Wire
The BCSF Tent will be hosting technical chats and demos on Friday and Saturday....

Chats:

1. FAA/AMA updates.... Eric Williams

2. How to Survive the Mass Warbird Launch..... Hints and reinforcement techniques, Foamtac & fiber reinforcement demos by the Deacon himself....

3. 3d printing and the Xole quad.. Anthony Sole

4. Hobbico new productpresentation

5. Foamtac demos

Events:

1. Dawn Patrol sponsored by Hobbico...7:30 am Fri-Sunday with Hobbico Raffle every morning of the event

2. Anthony's Quadrapalooza Friday night... Raffles and fun

3. Battle of the tents (BCSF vs SJSF) ..... First Annual Ramen Bowl... Pool noodle combat airplane , airplane materials sponsored by Beacon and 3g&c...... materials needed ...3 cheap 9g servos, rx, blue wonder 1700 power package......

4. Friday Nigh SEFLI Grunts Social
Aug 27, 2014, 09:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.E View Post
4. Friday Nigh SEFLI Grunts Social
what about us Grunts who aren't so social ?
Aug 27, 2014, 10:25 AM
Quote:
The BCSF Tent will be hosting technical chats and demos on Friday and Saturday....

Chats:

2. How to Survive the Mass Warbird Launch..... Hints and reinforcement techniques, Foamtac & fiber reinforcement demos by the Deacon himself....
I thought the only strategy was to avoid putting two planes in the same physical space at the same time. Should be interesting...

Quote:
Events:

3. Battle of the tents (BCSF vs SJSF) ..... First Annual Ramen Bowl... Pool noodle combat airplane , airplane materials sponsored by Beacon and 3g&c...... materials needed ...3 cheap 9g servos, rx, blue wonder 1700 power package......
Challenge accepted. Let's pick a time and place for this. Want to make sure this doesn't get lost with all the other fun planned

BTW it's JCSF....

Rob
Last edited by stangrob; Aug 27, 2014 at 10:26 AM. Reason: Had to correct Carlos
Aug 27, 2014, 12:29 PM
I have 20 pool noodle fuselages... I can do the wings with with dollar tree foam or get fancy with fanfold...Jim has the complete motor/ hardware kits of someone needs them.....

The looser wheels the keg of shame to the
Last edited by dr.E; Aug 27, 2014 at 05:36 PM.
Aug 27, 2014, 01:22 PM
Quote:
I have 20 pool noodle fuselages... I can do the wings with with dollar tree foam or get fancy with fanfold...Jim has the complete motor/ hardware kits of someone needs them.....

The looser wheel the keg of shame to the victor
Please remind me - are those the same motor/speed controller packages we used for Jim's combat planes?

Rob
Aug 27, 2014, 05:35 PM
Same ones..yes....
Aug 28, 2014, 11:36 AM
ParkScaleModels
Quote:
...The loser wheels the keg of shame to the Victor
I'm changing my name to Victor...
Aug 28, 2014, 01:36 PM
Hey Carlos,

I talked to the guys last night about the inter-tent build challenge and they are up for it. We propose that to keep things simple (and increase the chances that this will actually happen)that each tent build a single plane and pick their champion to fly it. Much more straightforward

Rob
Aug 28, 2014, 07:56 PM
Even better...we choose your pilot and you choose ours......

Trust me ....we will get these airplanes done this time.....
Aug 29, 2014, 09:24 PM
You're killin' me Smalls
Three rounds.
First round each team picks their own pilot.
Second round each picks the other pilot.
Third round pilots chosen by lot, whether dartboard, out of a hat or spot landing a vapor on a name on a piece of paper.
Aug 30, 2014, 07:50 PM
That'll take too long and most of us have short attention spans. This isn't going to be an all day event. One round, no prisoners, last man standing...
Aug 31, 2014, 07:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownEyedFool View Post
Three rounds.
First round each team picks their own pilot.
Second round each picks the other pilot.
Third round pilots chosen by lot, whether dartboard, out of a hat or spot landing a vapor on a name on a piece of paper.
Arthur: (to Bedevere) What happens now?
Bedevere: Well, now, uh, Launcelot, Galahad and I, uh, wait until nightfall,
and then leap out of the rabbit, taking the French, uh, by suprise.
Not only by suprise, but totally unarmed!
Arthur: *Who* leaps out?
Bedevere: (pointing to each knight as he names him) Uh... Launcelot, Galahad,
and I.... uh, leap out of the rabbit, uh, and, uh....
Launcelot: (groans)
Bedevere: (pause) Oh... um, look, if we built this large wooden Badger....
Arthur knocks him on the head.

Just then, the rabbit comes soaring over the castle wall. The party disbands
amid great shouts of "Run away, run away!", but the rabbit lands on yet
another helpless footman. Cries of distress.
Aug 31, 2014, 08:02 AM
I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty-headed animal food trough wiper! I fart in your general direction! Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!

One round
Aug 31, 2014, 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarreraGTSCS View Post
I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty-headed animal food trough wiper! I fart in your general direction! Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!

One round
lol

I do that at the supermarket when theres a long line . I make belive im going to by one of those tabloid newspaper , let lose the kraken and walk away
Last edited by THESANDMAN; Aug 31, 2014 at 04:45 PM.