Aug 26, 2014, 06:29 PM
Augermeister
Hope a sea container from Freewing arrives around Black Friday !
to remove ads between posts
Aug 26, 2014, 08:54 PM
Wow, Freewing has raised the bar on jets in both quality and appearance to name a few. The F-5 being of one that is really not modeled often...for what I have seen anyway.

It would it be nice also to see a scale F-14 with all the same details of these jets including the swept wings.
Aug 26, 2014, 09:15 PM
Jets & Lasagna...champion diet
Yep, we've all voiced that to Freewing....an F14 and F15. Taft is already making both and I'd like to see Freewing go head to head on those two models
Aug 26, 2014, 09:37 PM
Hey T-buddy...we'll have walking sticks by the time these appear... C'mon Taft & Freewing make me believer....
Aug 26, 2014, 09:40 PM
Jets & Lasagna...champion diet
Haha, true.
Aug 27, 2014, 06:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corsair nut
this is about the same size as my dads F20 kit
is that the HET kit?
Aug 27, 2014, 06:32 AM
oh and...
https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/..._E_flite_.html
Aug 27, 2014, 09:08 AM
killickb
How can they issue another "must have" before I have even ordered the last one --- my wife thinks the UPS guy lives here as it is!
I too thought that the intakes were way to thick (from the initial release photo) and in spite of Alpha's explanation other foamies seem to have mastered thinner foam sections? The splitter plate, inside edge of the intake can probably be easily removed and replaced by a balsa or 3mm foam plate.

Freewing have to have looked at the other Lizard and Snake camo patterns that the Agressors used? The regulation Snake version is very visible from the ground and is so much nicer than Shades of Brown! I saw the Black 23 at Miramar -- very sinister in matt black but not good in a fly from the ground version.
Aug 27, 2014, 09:22 AM
Foam addict
Looks nice but its too small. When FW makes a 90mm version I might consider it. I'll keep flying my fly fly planes for now (and the FW262). For all the work developing these new jets they could have easily gone larger. I suspect it is for commercial reasons and will sell larger versions once the sales of these drop off. This way FW hopes to sell you more models.
Aug 27, 2014, 09:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4stripes
Looks nice but its too small. When FW makes a 90mm version I might consider it. I'll keep flying my fly fly planes for now (and the FW262). For all the work developing these new jets they could have easily gone larger. I suspect it is for commercial reasons and will sell larger versions once the sales of these drop off. This way FW hopes to sell you more models.

I agree 90mm would be nice, but at least with the fleet of 80mm jets you only need to buy one battery size.

BTW. you fly at the King road club?
Aug 27, 2014, 09:41 AM
Dont forget the velcro straps
no, its a all composite kit that my dad makes.

this is a HET 70mm F-20....looks pretty good huh

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavlis
is that the HET kit?
Aug 27, 2014, 10:25 AM

new 128mm F-20 - if you want to go big...

Fantastic Jets just finalized their composite F-20, for a mere 1650 Euro you can oder one

http://fantastic-jets.com/

click on the pic of the model to see more

cheers
Clemens
Aug 27, 2014, 10:56 AM
Foam addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by canso

BTW. you fly at the King road club?
Yes Burlington RC Modellers
Aug 27, 2014, 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4stripes
Yes Burlington RC Modellers
I see on the website there is a paved runway. What is the length and width of the runway. I couldn't find it on the website.

Are they taking new memberships?
Aug 27, 2014, 05:02 PM
Classic jets rule
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavlis
is that the HET kit?
there is a thread on my F-20 in the EDF forum. it's 47" long and wing span is @28" with missle rails.

Quick Reply