Aug 24, 2014, 03:18 PM
Thread OP
Help!

Possible missing parts on Apprentice S 15e

Hey Guys...

Assembling the Apprentice S 15e today and although there is no DETAILED parts list I am stuck on their vague instuctions on the Tail Installation(p 5 step 3) that states:

"Under the fuselage, install the two screws (d) into the fuselage and the vertical fin pins. Tighten screws but do not break the plastic."

No problem except the only screws supplied are 3 that have a head small ehough to pass though the holes in the bottom of the fuse. I would thing to apply positive binding force to the empennage the screw heads would be larger than the holes in the bottom of the fuse not so small they disappear into the fuse.

These 3 screws( why 3 small headed screws if you need two) came in a bag with some shortly cut pieces of silicone tubing and before I follow their vague instructions and crack the vertical stab- better ask. If they are going to give extra screws-give some extra sorry A$$ cowl screws...wow...junk. Those are going to strip-note to self...Relace these with better quality.

For any easy flying plane they could have been a bit more specific on the parts list.

So I will wait to hear from one of you pros as I have built much more complex planes with better instruction but if the parts are missing they are missing.

Thanks for your help with that/

PS...They really had the spinner nut on TIGHT I had to crack it loose with a 1/2 ratchet with a 10mm socket! Beginner to fly....somewhat confusing in some of the installation steps if parts are missing.

Thanks...Greg
to remove ads between posts
Aug 24, 2014, 06:41 PM
Thread OP

Come on guys...A little help

Please!
Aug 24, 2014, 08:40 PM
I think they supplied an extra screw, if I recall correctly. If they will thread into the vertical stab, and the head doesn't pass completely through the holes in the fuse, that's probably them.

The short bits of tubing slide over the clevis and onto the control rod before attaching the clevis to the control horn on the elevator and rudder.

Once the clevis is snapped onto the control horn, slide that bit of rubber tubing over the clevis to help ensure it stays closed and attached to the control horn.
Aug 24, 2014, 08:51 PM
Thread OP

The screws pass through the plastic plate

Into the fuse-the have heads smaller than the fuse holes. I am not sure what hold the empennage on if the screw head does not have anything to bind to.

PS...thanks for answering...Someone look at the fuse under the tail and are there screw heads pulling against the the plastic plate or do the screws disappear into the fuse?

Thanks!
Aug 24, 2014, 10:06 PM
DirtyWaschFPV
The screw heads disappear into the fuse. Tighten until snug, then a half turn more. I have had no issues.
Aug 24, 2014, 11:57 PM
Yeah the screws will be deep in the bores in the fuse
Aug 25, 2014, 12:02 AM
Thread OP

Thanks Guys!

I appreciate it......

On to page 6...LOL

Chhers!
Aug 25, 2014, 12:05 AM
Have fun with it.
May 12, 2016, 02:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffinTD
I think they supplied an extra screw, if I recall correctly.
Extra screw? lucky, I'm missing mine! lost them after a crash so shes only flown once in almost a year.. lonely on my bedroom floor
May 12, 2016, 05:36 AM
Find a generic screw that fits, and go fly the thing!
May 13, 2016, 04:37 AM
Learn to build with wood.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hehir447
Extra screw? lucky, I'm missing mine! lost them after a crash so shes only flown once in almost a year.. lonely on my bedroom floor

Don't let that hold you up! Just glue the darn things on there!
May 14, 2016, 06:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hehir447

THAT'S JUST WEIRD

Quick Reply