2014 Royal City Radio Control Club Cochiti Float Fly - RC Groups
Aug 23, 2014, 08:19 PM
Close enough
Gallery

2014 Royal City Radio Control Club Cochiti Float Fly

Once again, a few of us from the Los Alamos Aeromodelers attended the annual Cochiti Lake Float Fly put on by our neighbors to the south from the Royal City Radio Control Club of Santa Fe.

The Los Alamos Aeromodelers members in attendance were Ross, Pat, TomK and Marc.

Heavy fog hung over the lake on our arrival. But it burned off about an hour later. Calm morning winds increased to about 10 mph by noon blowing directly onshore.

I'd like to thank the Royal City Radio Control Club for their hospitality and tasty lunch.

Marc
Last edited by AtomicFlyer; Aug 23, 2014 at 08:52 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 23, 2014, 08:39 PM
Close enough

Los Alamos member's planes

Pat brought his custom designed 30cc gas powered biplane down for it's water maiden. Though the big biplane's ROG maiden went well as can seen here, the floats were not able to get up on step in the water. Pat will do some float redesign and try a ROW takeoff in the future.

Ross had several successful flights with his PBY and he also took his gas boat out for a spin.

TomK was flying his extremely aerobatic "W" scratch built foamie.

I had successful flights on my 41" Edge, Mako foamie, and mini-Drake.

Marc
Aug 23, 2014, 08:49 PM
Close enough

Recovery

Thanks to Brian of the Royal City Radio Control Club for bringing out his drift boat for recovery duties. It was used more than once.

Marc
Aug 23, 2014, 10:04 PM
wcm
wcm

Regards

Thanks for posting the great photos. Were some of them taken by the 4-copter?
BTW, I didn't see any floats on the 4-C!

Cheers, - Bill Mead
Aug 24, 2014, 07:51 AM
Close enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by wcm
Thanks for posting the great photos. Were some of them taken by the 4-copter?
BTW, I didn't see any floats on the 4-C!

Cheers, - Bill Mead
Hey Bill. All the photos above were taken with my ground based camera. Maybe the gentleman with the mulit-rotor will post some photos here though.

Marc
Aug 24, 2014, 09:35 PM
Close enough

Photos from TomK

Club member TomK took these awesome photos. I was filling my belly with a hamburger while Ross had his boat out so I'm glad Tom was ready with his camera.

Marc
Last edited by AtomicFlyer; Aug 24, 2014 at 09:43 PM.