Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Sep 16, 2014, 03:16 PM
Ok .. got one more for the Grande Ole All-Encompasing List, but first a disclaimer

Im a long-time camper who's started hundreds of fires and spent weeks at a time with a backpack on carrying not much else than what is needed - BUT - when the only fire wood you have access to is chunks of 8-12" thick split wood that has never been covered AND just got rained on for almost a whole day straight (you can only buy wood from the campsite owner and can not bring in your own) ... there is only one way to get that big stuff going

One of these bad boyz will be accompanying me yearly from now on. Actually .. all that is needed is about a 4-5" thick slice so one log will serve for several fire starts. I'll also be throwing the maul and sledge in the truck next year as well
to remove ads between posts
Sep 16, 2014, 03:55 PM
You're killin' me Smalls
It wasn't as cold as it was in past years, but it's a guarantee it will be wet at least a portion of the year, so your checklist's advice for layering and being prepared for walking on damp grass was a lifesaver.
Sep 16, 2014, 04:11 PM
Shadow-D's Wife
Our group had a camping clothesline that I borrowed from a friend. We were thankful that we had it. It came in quite handy for drying towels that were used to dry off planes.
Sep 16, 2014, 05:40 PM
Lori, hey, you're home early
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownEyedFool
It wasn't as cold as it was in past years, but it's a guarantee it will be wet at least a portion of the year, so your checklist's advice for layering and being prepared for walking on damp grass was a lifesaver.
Glad it helped. Layers and waterproof footwear are essential.
Sep 16, 2014, 05:50 PM
Lori, hey, you're home early
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoGirl12
Our group had a camping clothesline that I borrowed from a friend. We were thankful that we had it. It came in quite handy for drying towels that were used to dry off planes.
That reminds me to add something else to the list-- Some sort of cover for aircraft left out at night. Shortly after the sun goes behind the mountain and the air cools the dew begins to form and settle. Any planes left out, even those kept in the big tents, will get pretty wet. I keep my larger planes fully assembled in the BCSF tent and they still had a fair amount on condensation on them. Next year I'm going to get some flannel backed picnic table cloths. You've probably seen them. They're plastic on one side and have a thin soft fabric layer on the other side. Throw one over your plane and it should stay pretty dry.

http://www.amazon.com/Flannel-Tablec...ic+table+cloth
Sep 16, 2014, 07:43 PM
No ! Your other left !
Mike, you gotta market that idea. Call 'em Wing-sheets or
somethin. chah kul

Lobster Al