This thread is privately moderated by manuel v, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Nov 12, 2016, 05:00 PM
Jack
OK, and that is a good idea too! I just got off track somehow and was trying to mess with or change. I asked a question on the Apache OpenOffice forums and they straightened me out on it too.

So every thing is working perfect and OpenOffice or LibreOffice Calc is still a viable option for running Turn Calculator for that that don't have Excel.

Jack
to remove ads between posts
Sep 03, 2017, 10:37 PM
Thread OP
The TC7.2 has an error, nothing important.
In block 5 in the wire section in mm, the last column that calculates the% of copper packing in the slot, had resistance information of 2 wires.
I have already corrected it and published it in the first post. Now the two blogs do not. 5 mark me the % of copper packing.
the calculation is for a maximum packing of 70%.

the calculation is for a maximum packing of 70%.

If someone can pack a higher% I would like to know.
I can adjust this.

I find that 60% is appropriate for almost all stators.
Jan 16, 2018, 08:09 PM
Antequam sciat ego nescibam
Super useful. Thanks

(I noticed a small error on the first page of 7.3 as a proof i'm using it... )
Jan 16, 2018, 08:32 PM
Jack
OK, 40 should be 30. I guess we have never noticed it because we don't ever do 30 turn winds. The wire gets too small so we look for a wind with fewer turns... :>)

Jack
Jan 18, 2018, 12:47 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watageek
Super useful. Thanks

(I noticed a small error on the first page of 7.3 as a proof i'm using it... )
Thank you very much.

I'm already correcting it.
Jan 21, 2018, 03:01 PM
Thread OP
On occasion, I have nothing to do.
So I started working on a new version of the TC, now called TC 8.0
I hope now if I can get it in APP for mobile.

It is much simpler.
One feeds the data in the yellow boxes.
Including the number of turn desired and the termination to be used. and automatically gives the Kv.
D, DD, DDD, Y, YY, YYY, LRK-D, LRK-Y are allowed.
all in one column.

Optional would be the length of the wire and the resistance.
Jan 21, 2018, 04:41 PM
Jack
Looking good! Does the input have to be from a dLRK wind motor? Or dies it matter?

Jack
Jan 21, 2018, 06:25 PM
Thread OP
The compatibility between schemes is very difficult to define it in a simple way.
You have to define poles and magneto-poles.
I can describe it on a separate page. possibly on sheet 2.

But if the motor defined in the foreground is a 9n12P, then you can get motor results in D, DD, DDD, Y, YY, YYY.
But the result will not be compatible if one changes the number of magnet-poles in the new winding.

Equal if the original motor is DLRK with 14 magnets, then results are obtained with D, DD, DDD, Y, YY, YYY, DLRK-D and DLRK-Y.
But if the motor changes the magnet-poles, then the result is no longer correct.
As in the other versions,

In this version there is no limit in the number of turns, nor is there a need to be checking in different blocks. one simply puts the number of turns and the termination.
For DLRK, there are 8 options.

The length and resistance of the wire is still optional.
And we can always verify with the dimensions of the Slot, the maximum packed for a wire gauge.

As simple as the simple turn calculator.
This version is so simple, that it can be easily seen on a cell phone screen.
Nov 08, 2018, 02:11 AM
Closed Account
The file is corrupted
Nov 08, 2018, 05:46 PM
Jack
Quote:
Originally Posted by jack001214
The file is corrupted
What file is corrupted?

I just downloaded the three files on post #1 (7.3 and two corrected versions of 7.3) and all three of them opened and looked normal. I used LibreOffice Calc because I am running Linux and not Windows but the Microsoft Excel spreadsheet should open them too as they are in the *.xls format.

Jack
Nov 08, 2018, 11:44 PM
It should be noted that those three files are compressed and should be uncompressed first before they will run. But, this should be general knowledge for any computer user.
Nov 11, 2018, 07:31 AM
Closed Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylar
It should be noted that those three files are compressed and should be uncompressed first before they will run. But, this should be general knowledge for any computer user.
Opening in Excel 2017 just stays in 'processing' ,while other files just open normally. Even after extracting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackerbes
What file is corrupted?

I just downloaded the three files on post #1 (7.3 and two corrected versions of 7.3) and all three of them opened and looked normal. I used LibreOffice Calc because I am running Linux and not Windows but the Microsoft Excel spreadsheet should open them too as they are in the *.xls format.

Jack
I tried all of them.

PS. after downloading libreoffice fixed the issue but i am wondering why is not opening in Excel.
Nov 11, 2018, 08:44 AM
Jack
The files are saved in the .xls format which was the format used by an earlier versions of M$'s Office and Excel apps. No telling what is going on there but it may just be that you have not spend enough money at M$ yet to get something that works....

Enjoy the free OpenOffice apps, keep the files in the *.xls (M$ 97-2003) format and you'll never have any problems with the turn calculator.

If it will help, the attached *.zip file will give you images and details on doing a Half Parallel dLRK wind which is good on any 12 arm stator and that also produced a more powerful and smooth running motor because it make it two 6 arm stator running in parallel. And it also doubles the Kv that you would get from the same number of turns in a dLRK wind. So by changing to a Wye termination you lower the Kv by a factor or 0.58 and get back down to about where the dLRK wind was.

Good luck with it!

Jack
Nov 11, 2018, 10:33 AM
Closed Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackerbes
The files are saved in the .xls format which was the format used by an earlier versions of M$'s Office and Excel apps. No telling what is going on there but it may just be that you have not spend enough money at M$ yet to get something that works....

Enjoy the free OpenOffice apps, keep the files in the *.xls (M$ 97-2003) format and you'll never have any problems with the turn calculator.

If it will help, the attached *.zip file will give you images and details on doing a Half Parallel dLRK wind which is good on any 12 arm stator and that also produced a more powerful and smooth running motor because it make it two 6 arm stator running in parallel. And it also doubles the Kv that you would get from the same number of turns in a dLRK wind. So by changing to a Wye termination you lower the Kv by a factor or 0.58 and get back down to about where the dLRK wind was.

Good luck with it!

Jack
Haha! Awesome! thanks for the explanation here. Before doing all this my stator needs a repaint heh.
Last edited by j001214; Nov 11, 2018 at 10:55 AM.
Nov 12, 2018, 07:58 AM
Jack
Quote:
Originally Posted by jack001214
Haha! Awesome! thanks for the explanation here. Before doing all this my stator needs a repaint heh.
And another friendly warning is that paint will not always work because it is (1) not a thick enough insulation coating, and (2) it tends to thin out on the square shoulders of the stator arms and, for that reason, may penetrate the coating on the wire.

More info and discussion on that here and in a number of other threads here and on the power system forum:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...Stator-coating

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ating-material

Here is an example of the desperate measures that some of us have been driven to, that of using Tyvek paper or Kapton paper for insulation....

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...-40-LRK-Rewind

Jack

Quick Reply