Aug 15, 2014, 06:34 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

point of interest photography

Hi all, I wanted to see if anyone has done or heard of this happening,

What I am talking about is using a multirotor flying over and around an object of interest that has a tagging transmitter on the ground and receiver of the craft to use it to direct the camera, keeping it pointing towards the ground tagger while the craft is flying around it.

cheers
to remove ads between posts
Aug 15, 2014, 11:38 PM
With the wookong or A2 controller you fly over the point of interest. Then you tell the controller you are over the point of interest with a switch on your transmitter. From that point on, as long as you are in the POI mode, the aircraft will keep it's nose pointed at the point of interest making it easy to do coordinated circles around it from any distance.
Sep 21, 2014, 02:04 AM
Thread OP
very interesting, but theres nothing that translates through to the gimbal to orientate towards that point, just a gps reference yes?
Sep 21, 2014, 07:02 AM
mmn
mmn
And of course some who have learned to do this manually with the sticks get a bit puffed up when you start talking about automating it.

I think it's a good skill to learn and I'm about to give it a go, but I don't believe I'll ever get it to be as smooth and consistent as I would like without some degree of automation.

Regards
Michael
P2V+
Sep 28, 2014, 08:55 AM
Thread OP
I do see where your coming from michael, as I'm sure people were also slightly annoyed having put in so much stick time learning to then have the first gyro or now flybar-less systems come in and make life easier with helis.
Sep 28, 2014, 05:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rofflcopter
using a multirotor flying over and around an object of interest that has a tagging transmitter on the ground and receiver of the craft to use it to direct the camera, keeping it pointing towards the ground tagger while the craft is flying around it.
Done with GPS:

MikroKopter - wind turbine (5 min 38 sec)
Sep 29, 2014, 12:24 AM
can be done already.

[http://fpvlab.com/forums/showthread....n-of-Interest]

Great Smoky Mountains - Fully autonomous ariel footage (2 min 6 sec)
Last edited by BruceTS; Sep 29, 2014 at 12:31 AM.

Quick Reply