Aug 15, 2014, 01:47 PM
Mr Mootsie
Thread OP
Discussion

The Michael Brown shooting

May as well start it. This is probably going to be worse than Zimmerman. Nothing really clear it. Was he the guy robbing the store of cigars? Was he resisting arrest? Reaching for the cop's gun? Good kid who made a mistake? Anonymous outs the name if the wrong cop. Sharpton. New Black Panthers.

Goat rodeo ensues.
Aug 15, 2014, 01:58 PM
Mr Mootsie
Thread OP
This sure looks like him taking something and pushing around the clerk.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/heres-the...rowns-robbery/
Aug 15, 2014, 01:59 PM
Figure Nine Champ
One LEO said that he compared that video with Brown and they definitely were the same person.
Aug 15, 2014, 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Jonas
This sure looks like him taking something and pushing around the clerk.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/heres-the...rowns-robbery/
Yes it does!

There seems to be so much hate and discontent in the neighborhood that no investigation will satisfy the majority of the citizens in Ferguson. For the rest of us, forensics should be able to clarify very quickly the details of the shooting.
Aug 15, 2014, 02:03 PM
I have no idea, but I think I'll riot just to be on the safe side. I need that big screen I've been eyeing in the store window. Al Sharpton will back me up. On the other hand, flash grenades and APC's is not appropriate either. Why things have to erupt into life and death is beyond me.

The image of a goat rodeo made laugh. Those little guys are harder to rope than they look.
Aug 15, 2014, 02:04 PM
Mr Mootsie
Thread OP
I saw/heard that as well.
Aug 15, 2014, 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HELModels
I have no idea, but I think I'll riot just to be on the safe side. I need that big screen I've been eyeing in the store window. Al Sharpton will back me up. On the other hand, flash grenades and APC's is not appropriate either. Why things have to erupt into life and death is beyond me.

The image of a goat rodeo made laugh. Those little guys are harder to rope than they look.
Guess you've heard the old expression,"Been to a goat roping and a hanging and thought I'd seen the world."
Aug 15, 2014, 02:22 PM
Mr Mootsie
Thread OP
Going to be interesting to see if the local FA gets any pressure to prosecute the cop, given what happened in the Z case.

Awaiting Elmer's first post....
Aug 15, 2014, 02:22 PM
Seriously?
Just like the Skittles kid, this isn't about the truth, it's about dividing America.
Aug 15, 2014, 02:33 PM
Mr Mootsie
Thread OP
It may also be that there might be some Zimmerman fatigue on this incident. Tough to get that spun up again.
Aug 15, 2014, 02:37 PM
Seriously?
Also the truth about martin wasn't so good for the left. I suspect the same is true here.
Aug 15, 2014, 02:38 PM
Mr Mootsie
Thread OP
Could be. Doesn't seem like the young man is a saint.
Aug 15, 2014, 02:43 PM
Libertas in Infinitum
There's just so much about this incident and the resulting riots that shows what is wrong with our country ... but I doubt many people will want to address them honestly.
Aug 15, 2014, 02:44 PM
Mr Mootsie
Thread OP
A somebody just said cop was black. No confirmation that I can see.
Aug 15, 2014, 02:45 PM
Alarm Bells Softening!
The current timeline....
Quote:
Jackson described events before the shooting on Saturday, saying Wilson was at a sick call from 11:48 a.m. to about noon. An ambulance was also at that scene.

At 11:51 a.m. a 911 caller reported a strong-arm robbery at a convenience store, Jackson said. He did not name the store. A brief description went out a minute later.

A different officer went to the convenience store and a more detailed description went out a short time later. The robbery suspect was said to be heading toward the QuikTrip in Ferguson.

Wilson left the sick call and encountered Michael Brown at 12:01 p.m. Sometime between then and 12:04 p.m., when a second officer arrived at the scene, Brown was fatally shot by Wilson on Canfield.
http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/c...628d0be04.html

Quick Reply