This thread is privately moderated by myrcmodel, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Aug 15, 2014, 09:15 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Arris Zhao Yun Pro 3 Axis Gimbal

ARRIS Zhao Yun 3 Axis gimbal is special disigned for Sony Nex 5, Sony Nex 7, Sony A5000, Sony A6000, Canon EOS-M, Black Magic Pocket Camer etc.

The gimbal now is available at http://www.hobby-wing.com/arris-zhao...bal-32bit.html and http://www.myhobbywing.com/brushless...-version-p-738

With the new Basecam 32 bit version controller board, and a small improvement on the arrangement of the wires. The ARRIS Zhao Yun now looks more professional and concise. And the function is improved much too.
Here is the test video of the ARRIS Zhao Yun Pro:
ARRIS Zhao Yun Pro Test Video (0 min 46 sec)

Here are several pictures about it.

to remove ads between posts
Aug 19, 2014, 01:41 PM
hsestesphoto
Anyone that can report on this? Looks promising for the Sony line of cameras...

09/08/14 - ordered, review to follow once received.
Last edited by Hsestes; Sep 08, 2014 at 07:21 PM.
Sep 10, 2014, 09:30 PM
Following
Sep 12, 2014, 03:07 AM
Looking froward to the review.
Have been thinking about buying this for a Nex and later a Blackmagic Pocket...
Sep 12, 2014, 08:44 PM
hsestesphoto
Ok, here is my unboxing and first impressions review. I am waiting on a motor for the 680, so will be a little while before I can fly with it.

Gimbal (6 min 54 sec)

If you want more pics or details, let me know.
Sep 12, 2014, 09:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hsestes View Post
Ok, here is my unboxing and first impressions review. I am waiting on a motor for the 680, so will be a little while before I can fly with it.

http://youtu.be/bxjRa6r4Qns

Like your video. What FC are you using on your 680? I just order a S900 with a A2 and I am thinking about mounting this gimbal to it.
Sep 12, 2014, 09:08 PM
hsestesphoto
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrarevels View Post
Like your video. What FC are you using on your 680? I just order a S900 with a A2 and I am thinking about mounting this gimbal to it.
PixHawk
Sep 12, 2014, 09:11 PM
Quote:
PixHawk
Can't wait to see your first flight.
Oct 02, 2014, 08:55 PM
I have this gimbal on My S900.. but do not know where to look for all the abilities this is capable of????
Oct 09, 2014, 03:27 AM
I'm thinking of ordering one of these for my tarot 680pro as well

preorderd lumix LX100, so need a gimbal for it
Oct 16, 2014, 11:40 PM
Learn to fly with thumb..
Hi Hsestes,

Any flight video?
Really interested..

Quote:

http://youtu.be/bxjRa6r4Qns

Nov 30, 2014, 11:15 AM
Hi guys ! I finally manage to balance my ZY pro 32bits, using tire weights … It's almost ok now, but motor is missing steps if the pitch go +-30 from horizon, it make a big jump back to 0 … I tried to increase P and speed but still having this issue …. I'm using it handheld with a BMPCC … Does anyone know how to avoid that ? I noticed that for the frame IMU, the settings are "above yaw" and both axis, top and right are sets to "Z" … Is it normal ?? I can't see any IMU above the yaw and I don't understand how can both axis be sets to the same direction ??
Jan 31, 2015, 01:57 AM
Learn to fly with thumb..
EDIT:
Actually the power port on the gimbal side was powered by the power on second IMU near camera bay. So no nneed another power from upper pin row.. Found it the hard way..

hi all,
any tips on how to get power on the shutter port on the end of gimbal?
since my shutter need power input.
Last edited by waladi; Feb 01, 2015 at 02:41 AM.
Feb 03, 2015, 12:06 PM
Hi,

anyone using this gimbal handheld?

Looking to mount it on a handheld rig, but not sure the best way to mount it. Or where to get the handles...
Feb 03, 2015, 12:27 PM
Search gimbal handles on eBay. Carbon fiber handles are around $60.

Quick Reply