You're killin' me Smalls
Next year's vapor games could get pricy but very interesting

http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...adset-EFLU6600
to remove ads between posts
Aug 28, 2014, 12:48 PM
Cool, expensive but COOL!
Sep 02, 2014, 10:52 AM

No vapors in stock

BAD NEWS!!! HORIZON (as usual) does not have any vapors in stock for me to order to bring. I will bring parts though!
Sep 02, 2014, 11:11 AM
Oh no! That was on my short-list for buying (my old one finally bit the dust and I miss it). It hopefully won't impact our turnout but very annoying regardless.

Rob
Sep 02, 2014, 04:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangrob
Oh no! That was on my short-list for buying (my old one finally bit the dust and I miss it). It hopefully won't impact our turnout but very annoying regardless.

Rob
me too oooh well I wil be a spectator again this year if I can find someone of other vendor who is selling them
Sep 02, 2014, 05:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by THESANDMAN
me too oooh well I wil be a spectator again this year if I can find someone of other vendor who is selling them
Looks like HobbyExpress (former Hobby-Lobby) has RTF Night Vapors in stock
Sep 02, 2014, 06:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeyK
Looks like HobbyExpress (former Hobby-Lobby) has RTF Night Vapors in stock
thanks but I don't want to order one online , with my luck it will arrive when im at neat fair . its the reason why I want to get one at net , thanks for the link though ,
Sep 05, 2014, 07:02 PM
I can get my hands on a brand new RTF Night Vapor at my local shop. I'll sell it for $130.00, what I pay for it... I will not do this unless it is confirmed that someone will buy it...

Let me know...
Last edited by Shadow-D; Sep 05, 2014 at 08:13 PM.
Sep 12, 2014, 12:10 AM
Rob, Great event. It was a lot of fun. And while I still remember my impression, I'd like to document my thoughts on how it can be improved even further. Given the fact that the audience and participants had already have a few, and kept pouring in more, the main goal is to keep focus. Top do that I would suggest:
1. Make those grate sound effects much more relevant to the action. Prepare sound files 1 minute 30 seconds long (1 minute outs top short, 2 minutes oz top long), add beeps every 30 seconds plus 10. 5. 4. 3.2.1 finale. The sound really dominated the scene, we should make it much more relevant to the action.

2. To simplify keeping track of the queue, give every pilot a number sticker, and display a currently running pilot number prominently on a flip board. This should minimize delays between the turns.

3. Get rid of the middle table. It dominates the scene. The scene should be dominated by the flying pilots.

4. Get rid of the fog. The pilots and the audience minds are already foggy enough as is. Instead we need to help them concentrate on the main action.
Sep 12, 2014, 12:48 PM
Don't cut the Yellow Wire
More fogg....bring strippers next year
Sep 14, 2014, 07:52 PM
Dr. Toggle
great time... hats off to the organizers!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 15, 2014, 04:57 PM
Quote:
More fogg....bring strippers next year

Ummm, Carolynn and Micki would demand male strippers.....
Sep 15, 2014, 07:33 PM
Guys,

Thanks a bunch for coming out Thursday night - we had a great time running the event! We had 32 pilots and another 30+ spectators. The tent was full to say the least!

I appreciate all the feedback and we'll definitely consider it for next year (yes we'll do it again ). I think at the very least the smoke is history (I got a lot of feedback on that).

If anyone has any pics I'd love to see them - I was a bit busy and might have missed some of the fun

Thanks again to Hitec for the pilot raffle prizes, and I hope all the event winners enjoyed their Spam!

Rob
Sep 15, 2014, 08:20 PM
Lori, hey, you're home early
As always, we had a fantastic time with the JCSF crew. You guys sure know how to throw a party and make everyone feel welcome.
Sep 16, 2014, 06:50 AM
X100