JCSF Thursday night "Vapor Games" - RC Groups
Aug 14, 2014, 01:51 PM
Contest

JCSF Thursday night "Vapor Games"

Guys,

After the success of last year's tent fly-in we've decided to do it again this year!

On the Thursday night of NEAT Fair we'll again be hosting our "under the big top" fly-in, or now known as the "Vapor Games" The format will be very similar to last year's version, where we'll have a series of timed and scored events that pilots will navigate. We'll have some old favorites (obstacle course, carrier landing), some new ones (Skee-vapors), and removed those that didn't quite work out (i.e. balloon burst). We're working on one or two others that may get introduced at the time of the event.

To complete you'll need a Vapor/Ember or some other type of indoor slow flyer. Pilot registration will start at 8pm, with the fun kicking off around 8:30.

As in keeping with last year's event we'll have awards for the winning pilots. In addition, thanks to Hitec/Multiplex we'll also have a free pilots raffle!!! The good folks at Hitec/Multiplex were generous enough to donate the following for our event:
  • Multiplex Shark w/floats
  • Hitec Weekender Corsair
  • Hitec Weekender P51

You don't have to win an event to have a chance at one of these beauties- just participate in the competition!

To make things even more fun, we'll again have our smoke machine churning away, and if we're lucky we'll have the bubble machine going too. It'll be a blast!!!

Hopefully we'll have a good turn-out. I'll post updates as we get closer and if there are any updates. See you then

Rob
to remove ads between posts
Aug 14, 2014, 04:12 PM
Hmm, soap bubble bursting... that could be interesting.
Aug 14, 2014, 04:49 PM
How high will it go?
Will you be providing wheelbarrow rides back to our tents?
Latest blog entry: FAA registration
Aug 14, 2014, 06:17 PM
We'll have the little red rickshaw on site just in case it is needed
Aug 14, 2014, 06:33 PM
Dont be a gashole fly electric
We are planning on going a day earlier this year just to participate in this event, looking forward to it.
Aug 14, 2014, 08:22 PM
Micki's planning on bringing her piņata stick!

Bill
Aug 14, 2014, 10:46 PM
Hopefully Carolyn will bring her bubble copter

Rob
Aug 15, 2014, 07:07 AM
When pigs fly rc
Skee vapors?
Sounds like fun...
Aug 15, 2014, 08:45 AM
I've seen the umx radian selling a lot, any interest in some kind of umx radian event? Mass radian fly or lmr competition? Obstacle course could be fun. These things fly so well and are really cheap, and I'm thinking there will be a lot of them at neat.
Aug 15, 2014, 09:29 AM
When pigs fly rc
Micro radian is an awesome bird! Will bring mine in case something starts!
Aug 15, 2014, 03:30 PM
Don't cut the Yellow Wire
Micro Cheap"N"easy!!!!!!

BTW ... Anthony, I picked up a disco laser light system for BCSF's Friday night Proto Quad Derby....

Lets see what other Feats of Skill and Courage will arise....
Aug 15, 2014, 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.E
Micro Cheap"N"easy!!!!!!

BTW ... Anthony, I picked up a disco laser light system for BCSF's Friday night Proto Quad Derby....

Lets see what other Feats of Skill and Courage will arise....
Sounds like we need a new thread

Will Nanos and other micro quads be allowed? If so I'll need to get some more practicing in

Rob
Aug 16, 2014, 08:29 AM
How high will it go?
Yes that's what we are flying, micros and nanos. It's a smokin hot time

More lights are good Carlos! I have an idea for a new obstacle. I call it "the fan challenge" lololol
Latest blog entry: FAA registration
Aug 17, 2014, 06:10 AM
AMA 1242
Hey Rob are Minnie vapors ok?
Aug 17, 2014, 09:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyhank
Hey Rob are Minnie vapors ok?
Hi Hank,

Yes, if you have a mini Vapor you're welcome to fly it. We just don't want planes that are much larger than a Vapor (hard to fly inside the tent ).

Rob